Sponsored

What type of FI?

Mattg7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I am new to the forum but have been reading different threads. I want to go FI and was leaning towards Whipple or Kenne Bell. However, the more I read I see that up to 40-50mph everyone seems to just be spinning tires. I love numbers like anyone but I want to get the power to the pavement. Smoking tires just doesn't mean that much to me anymore. Lifting front tires would be better:headbang:. Just looking for opinions of Whipple or Bell....or maybe even centri SC or turbo for alittle lag to hook better. Also, best supporting suspension mods to hook. Obviously, shoring up the shaking rear sub frame is a must.
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
You can never have too much power down low on a street. Good tires and of course Flight controls with Whipple will take care of any loss of traction issues. With the Whipple calibration you can manage torque by gear up to 25% power reduction if needed.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Any of the power adders will treat you well

We def are a fan of the whipple set ups. Let me know if we can help.

All offering free instalation

cdq85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Boostey Pants
just an fyi. budget 2 rear tires for every 4-5000 miles. i thought i'd be able to control myself a little bit better but this car is just too much fun with a blower on it. tires no likey. but as stated, do a little homework on what sort of FI you want as any setup can be fun. just have to suit it to your style of driving.

Chris@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You can never go wrong with the Whipple 2.9! Just like Roh92cp said, the flight control feature will help you turn down the power to your liking if traction is an issue.

We will have great pricing coming up on Whipple in the beginning of March. Please feel free to shoot me a PM for any pricing or questions!

Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Whipple for sure, Intake manifold is amazing, compressor unit is top notch, all adapters are OEM quality and the customer service from whipple is stellar.

Give us at Hypermotive a shout, we'd love to take care of ya.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
Is search broken? There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many threads on this compairing ever single system and tire setups...just 10 threads down someone asked the same question..

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
Lol! When people choose whipples over centris because they "want that low end torque that centris lack" only to turn around and use flight control to turn down the power so they can hook down low. (Insert facepalm here)

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Another vote for whipple. Flight control does help regulate power in low gears. Flight control plus pedal control and you can get decent launches. Tires do tend to need replacing at about 5,000 miles as stated above if you like to feel the immediate torque a whipple offers....

ALL4SQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
Unfortunately if you need to stay 50 states emissions legal, currently your choices are limited to roots style forced induction. I would really like to know why it takes so long for Procharger, Vortech & Paxton to get their emissions certs? How did the Roots style superchargers get their certs so quickly?

Sponsored

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Kenne Bell, Vortech, or Boost Works twin or Single turbo kit.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Lol! When people choose whipples over centris because they "want that low end torque that centris lack" only to turn around and use flight control to turn down the power so they can hook down low. (Insert facepalm here)
That always makes me laugh.

But then again, our cars make so much TQ down low that people don't realize, its basically the same.

Easy solution, want your car to hook....
1) Drag Radials (cheap investment)
2) Try the "winter mode"
3) Don't floor it in 1st... our pedal control is the same as stock. :)

Nothing sucks worse then bragging about having a 650+ rwhp car.
Just to get SMOKED by a stock car, that has drag radials.
Because spinning aint winning

OP
OP

Mattg7890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
MyLilPony....search isn't broken. I know there are many other posts about this topic. I just wanted to ask anyhow. Hopefully save some time on combing through all the posts.

Anyhow, I understand the flight control options on Whipple but it seems to me that if I have to tone it down at low RPM wouldn't it be more advantageous to just choose another platform that comes in later after you are rolling. I want to hook not spin tires. Just looking for what others have done to accomplish this. I have other cars if I just want to roast tires.

ProChargerTECH......exactly what I am getting to......"spinning ain't winning"
I had a 2004 GTO and was left behind by a friend in a S-10 because I was jousting spinning tires at a light. Of course when I caught him he already claimed victory. I remember someone quoting to me when I was a kid that X amount of spins cost a tenth of a second on your ET.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Unfortunately if you need to stay 50 states emissions legal, currently your choices are limited to roots style forced induction. I would really like to know why it takes so long for Procharger, Vortech & Paxton to get their emissions certs? How did the Roots style superchargers get their certs so quickly?
I can answer that for us in a few simple reasons.

1) Location, we are in KS and its a logistical nightmare for us. We have cars sitting in storage units out there in Cali, just waiting and depreciating for our "turn" to test. But is what it is...

2) Location of the airbox, we put our blower were the airbox is factory. That airbox is now considered a piece of emissions equipment, so it's a paperwork nightmare to remove it, or move it, or change it.

3) Sometimes it's "who you know"... not "if the rules are followed".... Sadly I know of a handful of supercharger systems that have CARB numbers, yet were never actually tested. :( Its totally unfair to us, but much like many government things, sometimes its "who you know" more often then if you checked all the right boxes. ;)

I can say this, we have a car AT the testing facility and we are actively in the middle of testing it with some of the largest fuel injectors every attempted to try and pass emissions as well as a system with a smaller set. SO, I don't get daily updates or anything... all I know is that we are in the thick of it. ;)

CARB numbers are a major focus for us in the 2017 year.

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
I want to hook not spin tires. Just looking for what others have done to accomplish this. I have other cars if I just want to roast tires.
I think if you drove a centri car, for like 20 min....

100% of the "myths" people have on the internet about how they drive would be washed away. :)

Downlow power?....yep
Up Top power?....yep
Completly docile street manors?....yep
Inlet temps near ambient?....ohhhh ya
The same power pull after pull after pull?....ohhhhhhhh yes
Totally stock like throttle control?.... you bet!
Sponsored