For those who envy the GT

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
this is the master mine is bigger then yours thread even if your small one is faster
Small and fast isn't always as pleasing to some people. I like to take my time with my bigger one and make sure I get the job done, if ya know what I mean:D
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I just checked and Geico offered a lower rate than state farm by about $300/6 months for fairly similar coverage. I am not sure about Geico's claim service but it is a pretty tempting offer. Everyone else in my area seems to be around State Farms rate or much higher.
Since this thread was doomed from the start anyways...

Geico is great honestly. I have used them since 2004 and have made a few claims through them and they were great to work with. One was when a U-Haul employee ran a trailer into my wife's car and they didn't want to do anything about it. I called Geico and they told me not to worry about it. Couple days later I got a call from the manager at U-Haul who put me in contact with their insurance to have the vehicle repair.

Another was right after I bought my Cobra I was rear ended by a USAA insured driver. USAA spent almost 3 months attempting to get out of paying for my repair and trying to convince me to have Geico pay for it and I "should" be reimbursed my deductible. Geico got involved and my car was being dropped off at the shop less than a week later.

Which goes back to another thing. I've had repairs done at a Geico recommended facility and a USAA recommended facility, and the Geico shop was way better at both their repair and their customer service. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone to use Geico.

MATT1971

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PREM PP
I have had, to be honest, the total OPPOSITE experience! USAA has ALWAYS been less expensive for insurance than GEICO and their service and repair/claims process has been pristine. My insurance is give/take $100 cheaper every six months with USAA, than GEICO quoted me, with a higher level of coverage through USAA. I have only used USAA once for a repair claim and the repair shop was absolutely brilliant...maybe the best aftermarket effort in matching paint I have ever seen. Many of my friends have GEICO...and most of whom have had an accident repaired by recommended GEICO shops...were not as satisfied with their cars, as I was with mine. I think it comes down to the area you are in for available repair shops and rates...both are quality companies; I have just always had better rates with USAA...thus the reason I have used them for almost 15 years.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I have had, to be honest, the total OPPOSITE experience! USAA has ALWAYS been less expensive for insurance than GEICO and their service and repair/claims process has been pristine. My insurance is give/take $100 cheaper every six months with USAA, than GEICO quoted me, with a higher level of coverage through USAA. I have only used USAA once for a repair claim and the repair shop was absolutely brilliant...maybe the best aftermarket effort in matching paint I have ever seen. Many of my friends have GEICO...and most of whom have had an accident repaired by recommended GEICO shops...were not as satisfied with their cars, as I was with mine. I think it comes down to the area you are in for available repair shops and rates...both are quality companies; I have just always had better rates with USAA...thus the reason I have used them for almost 15 years.
USAA is less than geico for me as well... be a considerable amount.

Only thing is USAA raise the price for no reason every six months... no matter what. I don't remember it being that bad with GEICO.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Oh geez that's right! I started reading the thread days ago and completely forgot the first post.:headbonk:

Make that two people I've seen do GT->EB switches then.

EDIT: Make that three now then. I'm finding it very interesting the reasons people switch from GT to EB, because the people who've done the opposite have done so for the same reasons it seems; be it V8 sound/power.

jjsotolongo, why did you switch?
Actually, the OP didn't go from a GT to an EB. He totaled his EB and bought the GT since it was such a killer deal he couldn't pass it up. But he apparently doesn't like the GT as much as the EB.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Actually, the OP didn't go from a GT to an EB. He totaled his EB and bought the GT since it was such a killer deal he couldn't pass it up. But he apparently doesn't like the GT as much as the EB.
Some people don't care about going faster..... and that's ok.... :first:

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Faster than what? It's all relative, that's like saying why didn't you buy a GT 350??

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
His complaint was with the handling- heavier front end. It's pretty noticeable if you drive the EB and GT side by side.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
But again someone saying they always wants the fastest car, but buys the GT? You didn't get the faster car and there are ones that go faster than yours....... It's so many things, but great way to simplify it.

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9

Y'all bunch of enthusiast. Both car hold their pros and cons I love the Eco and I love the GT. They are just trade offs. Y'all go rip on the challenger or the camaro shoo shoo I just got back from vacation and my post went to a 11 page ordeal. Grow up move on.

Sponsored

pietran30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Y'all bunch of enthusiast. Both car hold their pros and cons I love the Eco and I love the GT. They are just trade offs. Y'all go rip on the challenger or the camaro shoo shoo I just got back from vacation and my post went to a 11 page ordeal. Grow up move on.

Dude what did you expect?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Exactly. Guys like you and him don't care if there are faster cars.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I think 5.0yote is the first person I've seen on this forum to go from a GT to an EB...:ninja:
Nope not the first =)

I love both of them though they are two different driving cars. The Eco is very unassuming and kinda sneaky the way the boost comes on.

I traded out not because the GT was a bad car, performance wise its super nice and of course V8 =) that sound is so good. Insurance was not much cheaper I have an excellent driving record so it was not an issue and neither was price.

There were some lingering fitment issues and my commute was getting annoying some days in Boston traffic.

The EBM was just better suited and getting 460 miles on a tank and still being faster than an 10 GT makes it an excellent choice.

Dirty-EB-Chicago

V.I.P Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EcoBoost (Ingot Silver)
My thoughts exactly. its shameful that this forum spends more time bickering between trim levels than it does comparing our cars to the other companies. It's stupid. were all driving mustangs.

In particular there are several GT owners who spend more time in the EBM section trying to put us down than then they do in their own section. Thats sorta like being held back a year in grade school, yknow, biggest kid in the class with the least amount going for him. Troubled and insecure, bullying others to bolster their self esteem? stop reading if this statement begins to eclipse your fragile fictitious fantasy in which your the coolest person ever to walk the earth.

To all the regular GT owners, your looking real good, and your modesty is appreciated. :first:

just callin' it like I see's it.

Pnasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Ruby
My thoughts exactly. its shameful that this forum spends more time bickering between trim levels than it does comparing our cars to the other companies. It's stupid. were all driving mustangs.

In particular there are several GT owners who spend more time in the EBM section trying to put us down than then they do in their own section. Thats sorta like being held back a year in grade school, yknow, biggest kid in the class with the least amount going for him. Troubled and insecure, bullying others to bolster their self esteem? stop reading if this statement begins to eclipse your fragile fictitious fantasy in which your the coolest person ever to walk the earth.

To all the regular GT owners, your looking real good, and your modesty is appreciated. :first:

just callin' it like I see's it.
We (speaking collectively for GT owners) move to start a motion banning all douchebag GT owners from mustang ownership!
Edit: it always makes me happy when I see GT guys being all high and mighty then a gt350 or R owner comes and puts them in their place! Long story short we are all enthusiasts and I've never understood talking shit about other peoples cars who are also enthusiasts. Not to mention they are MUSTANGS this isn't the Luxury4play forum guys :headbonk:
Sponsored