Sponsored

For those who envy the GT

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
Ever wondered what you'd be missing from a GT? and ever wondered what it would be like long term? Ever got that feeling of "fack i wish I've bought a GT?".
For those who wish to know then this thread might help you get a feel of what your missing and what your not missing. Ive recently totaled my Ecoboost which i had for 9 months racked 15k miles on it. So I've decided to go GT to try since they gave me a good deal (cheaper then my ecoboost).

Loved it to death spent countless hours modding it. i think I've racked as much as $4000 on esthetics and minor performance upgrade. (heres a list for those whom wish to know)

Car expense report
Magnaflow 765
Catback install 120
Radar 450
CAI 200
LED 70
UPR catch can 260
ALP jammer 1047
Emblem 70
Taillight cover 130
Weather tech 100
Tint 350
Stripes 207
Stripes install 180
Front grill 170
Springs 270
Spring install 300
Cobb Accessport 500

Anyways the reason your reading this is to know what you'll be missing long term. Let me tell you what i think is personally better on a Ecoboost.
1) 27mpg combined MPG
2) drivability/lightness (you can drive it like Tokyo drift no kidding)
3) price 10k less (rough estimate)
4) the 4banger Turbo community,
5) Its great looking Daily.

Going Forward to the GT.
1) its a fast boat
2) Sound of the V8 engine (if ur a sound fetish)

thats about all i found after owning a GT for 1k miles.

The million dollar questions is are you missing much? if speed and loud exhaust, and 21 mpg is your thing, then i suppose. Anything else i would go back to my Ecoboost. I really miss its peppiness, lightweight, freaking 27 mpg (thank god gas is cheap right now), but most importantly it still put a smile on my face.

I would technically go back to an ecoboost, but the trade in would kill me.
i hope this really helps if not just enjoy the pictures
IMG_6905.jpg
IMG_6904.jpg
Sponsored

Goblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Great feedback. I'm sure your GT will be just as enjoyable to you in the long run. But have a feeling you'll always have a soft spot for the Eco. Have to say your Ecoboost looked sweet. Liked the stripes on that color. I'd miss that car too.

Kudarat

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Konrad
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Making me :love: my eco more. That v8 sound that kills me though. :D

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
Making me :love: my eco more. That v8 sound that kills me though. :D
aftermarket exhaust will do the trick, i had the magna flow street and that was plenti, obviously it won't make it sound like a V8 but its a def much better then stock

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Magnetic Metallic
Sounds like some insecurity issue and that you need to make yourself feel better about your decision. To each his own. Don't knock the GT. It's more than a "fast boat." I'm getting 29MPG @ 80MPH right now btw.

Sponsored

OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
Sounds like some insecurity issue and that you need to make yourself feel better about your decision. To each his own. Don't knock the GT. It's more than a "fast boat." I'm getting 29MPG @ 80MPH right now btw.
im not going on a thread war with you, this isn't the intention of this post. I can shoot the same question to you as well, but I'm not gonna go there please leave this thread in peace and shoo shooo to the V8 column

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I think the EB would be amazing if it was smaller and lighter. As is tho, it leaves me wanting more. Sure it's great around bends, but the only bends I see are 30mph residential streets around suburbs Lol. Everything else here is straight road, 90 degree turns and highways.

Besides.. what I want most from a GT is that SOUND.. Man, a coyote with an X Pipe and Stingers.. nothing beats that. Of course there is the power, but what I like most about the power tho is that it's N/A... virtually no worries other than typical maintenance stuff.. all motor baby.

I thought I'd be happy with this EB, I'd mod the hell out of it and keep it but after having it a few months, having the damn thing go into limp mode a few times, terrible gas mileage, weird sounds and that awful ticking.. I really want a GT Manual..

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
I think you completely missed the point of this guys post. He was being subjective and he gets to, he had both cars. Why so offended by the word boat? And why come looking for posts in an ecoboost subforum if your happy with your GT. I don't think he was bashing it at all....

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
And how you get that many mpg averaging 80mph is beyond me. My best friend has your same car and he can't get anywhere near as that, and he drives very conservative

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP - Gone
Holy cats! Those flat stripes on ruby red look fantastic.

Sponsored
OP
OP

goodwill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.3 to 5.0 to 2.9
I think the EB would be amazing if it was smaller and lighter. As is tho, it leaves me wanting more. Sure it's great around bends, but the only bends I see are 30mph residential streets around suburbs Lol. Everything else here is straight road, 90 degree turns and highways.

Besides.. what I want most from a GT is that SOUND.. Man, a coyote with an X Pipe and Stingers.. nothing beats that. Of course there is the power, but what I like most about the power tho is that it's N/A... virtually no worries other than typical maintenance stuff.. all motor baby.

I thought I'd be happy with this EB, I'd mod the hell out of it and keep it but after having it a few months, having the damn thing go into limp mode a few times, terrible gas mileage, weird sounds and that awful ticking.. I really want a GT Manual..
the sound really is intoxicating, however there are people in this world who make it so loud and obnoxious that it really make us look like attention whores to the rest of the world (its like we are driving ferraris and hellcats) the loud sound needs to be justified, for someone to make a obnoxious sound with only 435 to the crank is just ridiculous.

i was like you, i wanted to have more HP, but even with 300 or 435 are you really gonna use all of it at all time? are you gonna be that dude when he gets a GT, he's gonna want a GT350, and then a GT350R?. theres always gonna be something faster out there, the most important aspect is "fun" look at the miata its only 155hp and its plenty fun.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost

Come on now..... You even said yourself, you have been too busy in your other post to take it to ford. We still don't knkw what your issue is. You should contact Adam and see if you can get a tuner on the car and data log. Watch suburawrxfan fans you tube post. The whole time he was having issues, he though it was the car. Turns out, bad gas and Adam troubleshooted for him. At least figure out what's wrong and get the car working properly, before you give up. Imo

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
LOL y'all can't handle a discussion can you? I'm not offended, I just call out stupidity when I read it. This happened to show up in New Post, didn't know you ecoboost fellas got so defensive when a GT owner post in here. I think the Ecoboost is great but this post just gives off the I want to feel Brewer about my purchase vibe. Like I said, to each their own

partyelmarty

What's it trap?
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
And how you get that many mpg averaging 80mph is beyond me. My best friend has your same car and he can't get anywhere near as that, and he drives very conservative
It's 2016, we have the technology to do it...
image.jpg

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost