bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Some people's perception is just more valid than other's though, right Jersey? ;)
I guess? Were you in the band in high school or the chess club?;) Maybe you can explain cool to me. You seam like a real cool guy.:cool:

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Maybe you can explain cool to me. You seam like a real cool guy.:cool:
Free lesson #1 - Typing in blue...not nearly as cool as you think.

Free lesson #2 - Correct spelling is infinitely cool, and aids in getting you laid by smart chicks, who are by far better in bed than dumb chicks.

You can Paypal me for future lessons.:thumbsup:

Deathfly7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STI
My friend, you are missing the whole point.

A: The car is 10 years old & didn't have to hide behind CAFE standards like today's cars.

B: The car is 10 years old and will look hilarious next to any 2015 car.

C: It would not survive a crash with a Fiat500.

D: A simple tune would not unlock the engine, it would stress it more just to add some HP.

You can compare performance all you want, but please compare all of it's performance. What about 70~120mph, or track duty, etc.

The 2.3 EB with a simple tune is +70hp without remotely stressing the engine. Putting those two cars on the track and give it a go around Gratten 5 laps and see where that Neon ends up. Panting...

I am not knocking the car for it's day. I am comparing it to a modern day Mustang. You have to be logical here and base your rebuttals on reality. I know what a little devil that car is/was. There is no need to convince anyone, you are just not rational with your line of reasoning.

I know of a few SRT-4s that had tune, that 4 years later had to be sold because of problems. The tune ate away at the engine.

The Neon SRT-4 was the Dodge Omni GLH of it's day...
LOL, talk about something you know. You just throw "facts" out your ass. I currently own an srt4, I have had it for 8 years. 7 of those years with stage 3 @~300 whp. with no engine mods just intake, tune, ebay exhaust and injectors, the 2.3 engine from the factory was completely undertuned.

Also who cares if it is 10 years old, that just makes it more embarrassing when you lose. I have never seen more crushed dreams than kids in their brand new sti get pulled by my friends pt cruiser turbo lol.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
This is my last reply to you because you replies are basically stupid. The tune ate away the engine???:doh:Really???Those motors made a ton of horse power modded and the motors are bullet proof. The motor was good to 500-550 wheel horse power before it need to be reinforced for even more power! Stock turbo bolt-on cars were running in the 11s. My personal car made 400WHP and I never once had a single motor issue. I can offer personal experience to your I knew of a few that had engine problems stories.:rolleyes: You want to compare engine reliability? The EB has had more than it's fair share of problems. All well documented right on this forum. Do a little research on that also! I posted a link to prove to you SRT-4s were more than a straight line car and your either ignored it and didn't open the link or didn't comprehend it. You bring up Café standards. Who cares about that??? Your comparing a new car that's has to deal with todays café standards to one that was built at a different time and to a different café standard. It complied for it's time so why bring that up? So if anyone else wants to weigh in. I'll be happy to reply to their rebuttals but I cant keep replying to things like "the tune ate the motor" Sorry.
:clap2:

All I see is someone trying to relive the past bro... like I said, the Neon SRT-4 was the Omni GLH of it's time. Your Neon wasn't a track car because they decided to put a better engine in it...lol

Also, Your car was stock @ 400HP? I doubt that. I bet you added all kinds of things to it (mod). I bet it had all kinds of tq steer too. I bet you didn't track it either. I bet you didn't own that car 5 year. Anyone can slap on hardware (mod) and you keep using that an excuse to software only tune. You purposelessly avoiding that.

The SRT4 has a lot of things that makes it a 2005 car. I knew a guy who had a turbo Quad-4 nearly 600hp too. It didn't make it a better car, just more phunner.

Today's cars are 2016s... you can't compare.

I can see why you got upset with my last post, because I hit home why you can not compare a neon to a mustang, and you took it personally, instead of subjectively.

What about 70mph~ 120mph..? What about the things I brought up, that you run past to make your personal points. I aint knocking the car, but I am laughing at you for trying to compare it to today's mustang.

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
LOL, talk about something you know. You just throw "facts" out your ass. I currently own an srt4, I have had it for 8 years. 7 of those years with stage 3 @~300 whp. with no engine mods just intake, tune, ebay exhaust and injectors, the 2.3 engine from the factory was completely undertuned.

Also who cares if it is 10 years old, that just makes it more embarrassing when you lose. I have never seen more crushed dreams than kids in their brand new sti get pulled by my friends pt cruiser turbo lol.

Intake... exhaust... injectors... are mods. :doh:

Those^ are all new hardware added to assist the engine. A tune is software. Today's cars are sold with a gimped tune to meet government regs. You can unlock the engine and get away from that and insurance costs.

The EB 2.3 could come off the line with 60 more hp, but Ford need to maintain fleet CAFE standards. Understand? (Way more HP if mods are added.)

Again, and my point is that of coarse you can compare a highly modified 10 year old econobox neon SRT4 to a new EB Mustang's performance... or a BMW, or a Nissan..

But then you can compare any modified car built for strait line speed, to that of any stock car, even a corvette. Doesn't change the fact that it's driving characteristics and underpinning where not well suited for that performance.

High horsepower FWD cars = lipstick on a pig.

How many parking brakes did you guys go threw learning how to drift?

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk

Was your friend's PT a manual trans? If not, any issues w/ the auto?

OP
OP

Tm@c1965

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 GT Mustang, 2014 SRT Challenger
This is my perception of Cool

Cool is based on a persons perception. Better looking? Again perception. I guarantee the Honda crowd things Mustangs are lame. The Bimmer crowd thinks we are lowbrow. I don't even want to know what exotic drivers think!
These
GT.jpg
HC.jpg

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Does it bug anyone else that a lot of people on this forum don't understand the difference between stock and stock motor?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
It bugs the hell out of me.

Sponsored

djpheer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP
Lol @ these posts. A stock srt4 would walk a stock ecoboost stang. A bolt on srt4 with a boost controller would destroy the ecoboost mod for mod. Turbo swaps? Hope you are trapping 120-125mph. That's what a 400whp srt traps. Internals were good to 550. I had a bolt on srt4 for reference. Mid to High 12s with exhaust intake and more boost. Stock turbo.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Lol @ these posts. A stock srt4 would walk a stock ecoboost stang. A bolt on srt4 with a boost controller would destroy the ecoboost mod for mod. Turbo swaps? Hope you are trapping 120-125mph. That's what a 400whp srt traps. Internals were good to 550. I had a bolt on srt4 for reference. Mid to High 12s with exhaust intake and more boost. Stock turbo.
That's cute. that's what the EB runs with only a tune. A guy just got his stock turbo EB into the 11's with full weight. FFTEC ran 122mph with their BT EB. So done, done, and done?

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
This isn't debatable. The rcoboost is the superior engine. Vehicle weight is the only area the srt4 can hope for.

The ecoboost is better stock and responds better to mods.

The neon peeps were just happy that Ford was under powering the Mustang back then. And they had something to brag about when their modded srt could hang with a 'Stang.

Those days are long over. The Mustang is being treated right. And that means it puts some hurt down. Even the 4 banger. Get used to it. The ecoboost has had way more R&D as well and is a very durable engine.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
This isn't debatable. The rcoboost is the superior engine. Vehicle weight is the only area the srt4 can hope for.

The ecoboost is better stock and responds better to mods.

The neon peeps were just happy that Ford was under powering the Mustang back then. And they had something to brag about when their modded srt could hang with a 'Stang.

Those days are long over. The Mustang is being treated right. And that means it puts some hurt down. Even the 4 banger. Get used to it. The ecoboost has had way more R&D as well and is a very durable engine.
Qualify superior engine. What makes the EB A superior performance engine other than you say so? Stock turbo SRT-4s ran into the 11s with bolt ons just like the EB is doing now. My bone stock 04 SRT-4 ran 13.8@102. I didn't need any mods to keep up with the Mustang GT of that era. My turbo swapped SRT-4 was Trapping 122mph. I wish some of you would at least do a little research before you offer a opinion like above. I mean you can look up the stock SRT4 and stock 2003-2005 mustang times in car and driver and see all are comparable. Your only going to pull so much power out of a factory stock 2.3 to 2.4 liter motor before the engine explodes. The SRT-4 was good for 500+ before you had to worry. The venders on this forum are saying the EB seams to have the same limits! Is the mustang a nicer car? Sure it is. It better be considering its 10 years newer. Based on a better chassic. And can be optioned out to near 40 grand! Is rear wheel drive better than wrong wheel drive? Of course it is. But you can't argue the performance of the two cars are VERY comparable stock and modded. The 11 second Bolt on EB has a lot more than a tune going on. It's got down pipe, FMIC, Drag radials, etc. The SRT-4 would also run 11s on the stock turbo with those mods. All you had to do was ad a 45 dollar boost controller to get full boost from the TD04.

Last edited: