Sponsored

Congrats to Bama for breaking my record with their 15

Khell86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt
Are you referring to me?
Actually it was sarcasm for the rest of the people commenting in this thread, including the person who created it.

I agree with most of what you said. What Bama did was no different then going to aftermarket cams (in this case 11-14 cams) and an aftermarket ECU(11-14). If i remember correctly when people were wanting to spin the the Boss 302 or Coyote to 8500 or higher an aftermarket ECU was required. Non one said those cars were no longer their model year mustangs.
Sponsored

Ramen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys, Bama here again. This time we're going for another record in our 2015 Ford Mustang. Only thing changed from last time is we strapped two external solid rocket boosters leftover from the discontinued space shuttle program. Let's sit back and watch the results!

Last edited:
Reactions: bew

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Actually it was sarcasm for the rest of the people commenting in this thread, including the person who created it.

I agree with most of what you said. What Bama did was no different then going to aftermarket cams (in this case 11-14 cams) and an aftermarket ECU(11-14). If i remember correctly when people were wanting to spin the the Boss 302 or Coyote to 8500 or higher an aftermarket ECU was required. Non one said those cars were no longer their model year mustangs.
After market cams are not needed for the goal they just hit. Stock heads are good for 1000whp. They did it because tuning is easier on the older pcm. Its been said that its easier. The 15 pcm is posing to be a challenge for people. Lund and brooks are the only two known tuners making progress with it. Bama apparently isn't so they switched. Its not really a full on 15 if youre using heads and ecu from a different car. The boss manifold isn't a major change, heads and a different factory pcm is a big deal.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
Hey I give them props for having a fast car, but I want to see some running those times on a full weight car. Not some gutted with no radio or AC, but hey that's just me.

FireHive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 V6 Mustang
Enjoy, lol...

Goddamnit i came to this thread with the link to this video coppied and ready to post it... Beat me to it.. YOLO DOUCHEBAG KING OF TUNERS

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Is that you Terry!?

In all seriousness, that's a fast car especially with a stick but it's about as far from a 15 as you're going to get. Next you'll tell me they put in a solid rear axle...
no, that's alejandro flores, he likes to make vids that make fun of some of the stuff that goes on in this community

Agreed. :thumbsup:

They seemed to have no problem with the 15 tunes initially as they were making big power NA and with spray along with being the first to be in the nines?

The reason they had to use a different ecu is because they used 11-14 blower cams, not 'lack of skill' as you put it. AM dude said timing chain sprocket broke, if you didn't know they are notoriously weak in these motors. Especially when you are beating the piss out of them with more power than intended from the factory.

Not when you are comparing stock '15 cams to cams ground specifically for FI applications. And hence where the problem originated.

How so? Its a 2015 body, 2015 suspension, 2015 engine and 2015 trans, etc. ITS A COYOTE MOTOR!? You know, the same motor that is in the 2015 AND the 2011-14 Mustangs. Its not a mountain 700ci, top fuel, nasa rocket, etc... :doh:

The only thing different is 11-14 RGR/JPC blower cams with a 11-14 Control pack. Its still the same 302ci motor found in the 2015. Jesus people are dense sometimes. :frusty:

Hats off to Bama/JPC- Something tells me if this was Lund or someone other then the 'dreaded Bama', nut-swingers would be coming out of the woodwork to congratulate them. At the end of the day its all about going FAST!

I for one enjoy seeing Bama shake the tree. Makes it more interesting to us 'fans'.
really its not. everyone knows that the 15s have a different firing order, and we all know that 11-14 cams are not going to work with the pcm. they knew that long before putting the 11-14 cams in.

it's a clever way to "have to use an 11-14 pcm".

yes, we could all throw a stand alone on it, and go after stupid numbers, but that doesn't benefit the 15+ community any.

we started pushing the 11 platform from day, one, everyone has worked and pushed really hard before going to stand alone systems. the 11-14 pcm has proven to be a 7 second capable computer if you know what your doing. with 5 years of trial and error behind it.

the 15s are a completely different animal. our goal on a new platform is to push "that platform" as hard as we can , and push parts for the end user.

first, this wouldn't work at all for an auto car. so 1/2 the community is out to start, and most manual people wanting to do a s/c package are not going to want to swap ecus and lose a lot of the factory electronics that go along with that.

we are already making over 900rwhp with the stock cams, and the blower will make quite a bit more, even through the auto.

we have been able to push over 4000lbs, with the factory ecu to 9.5's @ 145 in very bad weather. were really only limited by the short block.

we have been lifting heads with the 18 or so psi we have been pushing and will be upgrading the shortblock. once that is done, we will have no problem going 8's in this car at over 4000lbs with lund behind the tuning.

the problem here is, this is not a solution for any customer unless they are building a full out race car.

if I had to guess, none of the modules integrate on the bama car, the abs, the speedo, the airbags, I don't think any of the modules are communicating with the pcm

I am aware of what he said. people have ran 1000whp on stock heads. so yeah, there was no need for blower cams. So..why did they change them? Because its obviously easier. Im aware its weak. I got the impression from terry something else caused the failure, from his comment.
the sprocket can be upgraded on these cars, you are correct, we put one in along with the billet oil pump gears out of the gate

"The only thing different"

Like changing out cams and the PCM for 11-14 parts are minor mods like billet OPG. Does that thing still have the stock firing order?
it does not have the stock firing order

not true, it would have been very easy to send out a set of stock cams to bullet to get them reground for the 15 in blower spec. would have been cheaper as well

there is a reason 11-14 components went in

After market cams are not needed for the goal they just hit. Stock heads are good for 1000whp. They did it because tuning is easier on the older pcm. Its been said that its easier. The 15 pcm is posing to be a challenge for people. Lund and brooks are the only two known tuners making progress with it. Bama apparently isn't so they switched. Its not really a full on 15 if youre using heads and ecu from a different car. The boss manifold isn't a major change, heads and a different factory pcm is a big deal.
your exactly right.

hands off for a great et. but at the end of the day, we all know that JPC did the original tuning on the car. and jpc was driving the car.

now jpc built the engine, drove the car, and who knows who is tuning the car at this point.

we could have easily grabbed a base v6 and done a "coyote swap" to it and been laying down some numbers.

again, this does not benefit the community here. our goal is to help develop, test, and push parts, that the end user can put on their own car with simplicity

this swap is for people looking to build a race car, I know I have no plans to put my wife and kids in my car on the street with no airbags, speedo, etc...

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I am aware of what he said. people have ran 1000whp on stock heads. so yeah, there was no need for blower cams. So..why did they change them? Because its obviously easier. Im aware its weak. I got the impression from terry something else caused the failure, from his comment.
Uhhhh... heads and cams are two different things.

I'd love to see all of the 2015's making 1000 wheel with stock heads and cams...Please show them to me!

Ut oh...A Bama fan has been pissed off.

It is NOT A 15 Motor, end of story. It doesn't have the '15 cams which we know are DIFFERENT. It doesn't have the '15 PCM which we know is DIFFERENT. Terry's is a '15 motor and '15 PCM. End of story.

Sorry you are hurt. I don't like Bama, never have, never will. But hey, that is my choice.
I'm just curious why do you dislike Bama so much? Personal story or experience? Or is it because everyone else does? For instance, I've never had a Lund tune but I respect him, his accomplishments and his business and therefore don't 'hate him' just cause someone on the interwebs tells me to.

And getting back to the motor- You do know that the 15 motors and 11-14 motors are virtually identical right? It is a 15 motor with 'aftermarket 11-14' cams and computer. If it had 2015 'Aftermarket' cams and a stand alone, would the argument still be the same?

I'm not going to lie, I've been a fan and customer of Bama and AM for sometime, my cars have all ran great and the customer service has all been A+ and beyond- and I'm not alone.

What I don't understand is the blind hatred towards a company doing things that no one else is doing and getting shit on for it? It seems like its the 'cool thing to do'.

And I'm not hurt- if you haven't noticed the guys I am rooting for are currently in first. :thumbsup:

"The only thing different"

Like changing out cams and the PCM for 11-14 parts are minor mods like billet OPG. Does that thing still have the stock firing order?
Actually Billet OPG are more involved then a cam install.

Sorry man, my misunderstanding. And I agree.

So if it had a set of 'Comp cams' per say and an AEM, would it no longer be a 2015?

The funny thing is the same guys that are saying 'That car aint no 2015!!!' are the same guys that are saying, "Take that shitty Chinese trans out of the car and put in a real trans...like a power-glide!" A chevy trans... Oh the irony.

Hey guys, Bama here again. This time we're going for another record on our 2015 Ford Mustang. Only thing changed from last time is we strapped two external solid rocket boosters leftover from the discontinued space shuttle program. Let's sit back and watch the results!
:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

mdnt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT/PP RubyRed
this thread is 3 pages of nuttriders.
Beefcake keep talkin about JPC doing the tune? Does Beefcake do their custom tunes or does Lund?
Now im not a Bama fan myself, but kudos to them for making it happen.
Thread started off like a butthurt child throwing a fit.

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Hey I give them props for having a fast car, but I want to see some running those times on a full weight car. Not some gutted with no radio or AC, but hey that's just me.

Did you watch the video? The car weighs 3650lbs, which is right in line with a 2015 Mustang curb weight.

Sponsored

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
this thread is 3 pages of nuttriders.
Beefcake keep talkin about JPC doing the tune? Does Beefcake do their custom tunes or does Lund?
Now im not a Bama fan myself, but kudos to them for making it happen.
Thread started off like a butthurt child throwing a fit.
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
that's with driver. That car weighs probably around 3400lbs without driver and who knows how little of gas.
That is WITHOUT driver, but JB only weighs 100lbs soaking wet so that's not much of a difference. :thumbsup:

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
That is WITHOUT driver, but JB only weighs 100lbs soaking wet so that's not much of a difference. :thumbsup:
I guess you've obviously haven't tried to put an s550 on a diet. I can get one to 3580 without ripping the car apart like they did. More if I want to use aerospace brake system. That weight is with driver. Deal with it

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
now jpc built the engine, drove the car, and who knows who is tuning the car at this point.

Wow thanks for the newsflash- 'Race Shop' builds race cars & motors!? So because Ron Grose Racing builds JPC's motors, is JPC no longer credible? C'mon dude, are you going to tell me you've turned every wrench and every bolt on your S197 and your S550?

I can't build cages, but if I have Rhodes do a setup for me can I no longer say the car is mine because I didn't 'build all of it'?

this swap is for people looking to build a race car, I know I have no plans to put my wife and kids in my car on the street with no airbags, speedo, etc...
Last I checked- the AM car IS A RACE CAR! I don't see AM trying to sell whatever the hell is in that orange car to 'Bob from Indiana's and his shiny new 2015'? As if the 25.3 Cage and everything else didn't give it away.... Last I checked this was about going fast and AM is doing it.

Looking forward to BG by the way. :thumbsup:
Sponsored