Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
LOL @ that video. I already claimed the 700CI mountain motor before he stated the top fuel engine :)

2015 Silver GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT Premium
Hahahahahahahahahah. Great video and totally spot on.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Enjoy, lol...

Is that you Terry!?

In all seriousness, that's a fast car especially with a stick but it's about as far from a 15 as you're going to get. Next you'll tell me they put in a solid rear axle...

Matte Black

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
That's how records get broken. Thinking outside the box.
Agreed. :thumbsup:

The answer will be to run 11-14 cams, although in reality, the answer is tuning.......
They seemed to have no problem with the 15 tunes initially as they were making big power NA and with spray along with being the first to be in the nines?

So to make up for bamas skill level in tuning they will use different cams and ecu as a bandaid. Any theory you can share as to what they did that broke it?
The reason they had to use a different ecu is because they used 11-14 blower cams, not 'lack of skill' as you put it. AM dude said timing chain sprocket broke, if you didn't know they are notoriously weak in these motors. Especially when you are beating the piss out of them with more power than intended from the factory.

Hope you can get the record back, with 15 PCM and cams. Specs to Specs, 15 cams are way better...

Kris
Not when you are comparing stock '15 cams to cams ground specifically for FI applications. And hence where the problem originated.

Is that you Terry!?

In all seriousness, that's a fast car especially with a stick but it's about as far from a 15 as you're going to get. Next you'll tell me they put in a solid rear axle...
How so? Its a 2015 body, 2015 suspension, 2015 engine and 2015 trans, etc. ITS A COYOTE MOTOR!? You know, the same motor that is in the 2015 AND the 2011-14 Mustangs. Its not a mountain 700ci, top fuel, nasa rocket, etc... :doh:

The only thing different is 11-14 RGR/JPC blower cams with a 11-14 Control pack. Its still the same 302ci motor found in the 2015. Jesus people are dense sometimes. :frusty:

Hats off to Bama/JPC- Something tells me if this was Lund or someone other then the 'dreaded Bama', nut-swingers would be coming out of the woodwork to congratulate them. At the end of the day its all about going FAST!

I for one enjoy seeing Bama shake the tree. Makes it more interesting to us 'fans'.

Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Agreed. :thumbsup:
The reason they had to use a different ecu is because they used 11-14 blower cams, not 'lack of skill' as you put it. AM dude said timing chain sprocket broke, if you didn't know they are notoriously weak in these motors. Especially when you are beating the piss out of them with more power than intended from the factory.
I am aware of what he said. people have ran 1000whp on stock heads. so yeah, there was no need for blower cams. So..why did they change them? Because its obviously easier. Im aware its weak. I got the impression from terry something else caused the failure, from his comment.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How so? Its a 2015 body, 2015 suspension, 2015 engine and 2015 trans, etc. ITS A COYOTE MOTOR!? You know, the same motor that is in the 2015 AND the 2011-14 Mustangs. Its not a mountain 700ci, top fuel, nasa rocket, etc... :doh:

The only thing different is 11-14 RGR/JPC blower cams with a 11-14 Control pack. Its still the same 302ci motor found in the 2015. Jesus people are dense sometimes. :frusty:

Hats off to Bama/JPC- Something tells me if this was Lund or someone other then the 'dreaded Bama', nut-swingers would be coming out of the woodwork to congratulate them. At the end of the day its all about going FAST!

I for one enjoy seeing Bama shake the tree. Makes it more interesting to us 'fans'.
Ut oh...A Bama fan has been pissed off.

It is NOT A 15 Motor, end of story. It doesn't have the '15 cams which we know are DIFFERENT. It doesn't have the '15 PCM which we know is DIFFERENT. Terry's is a '15 motor and '15 PCM. End of story.

Sorry you are hurt. I don't like Bama, never have, never will. But hey, that is my choice.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
"The only thing different"

Like changing out cams and the PCM for 11-14 parts are minor mods like billet OPG. Does that thing still have the stock firing order?
Sponsored