• Total voters

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
If analog guages were old school high quality art pieces i would say that. But man the new digital dash is really nicely designed and that with the rewarmed engine are the only things i seem wanting from the '18
This
Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
The old school are nice , but the high tech looking digital gauges "Ford GT style" with customization would be sweet ..............:headbang:

MRose

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Since the digital dash will be an optional extra on top of the already top-tier premium plus package, it's hard to justify the cost. I like the analog gauges.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Digital is awesome.

Would be cool if someone hacked it. Then people created and shared new mode screens. You know for fun not as a business. Well shops could offer the service for people who don't search forums or don't want to build a cable to upload new screens.

I don't like pleather. Ford needs to rethink the whole Base/Premium thing.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Digital is awesome.

Would be cool if someone hacked it. Then people created and shared new mode screens. You know for fun not as a business. Well shops could offer the service for people who don't search forums or don't want to build a cable to upload new screens.
Ford could have a whole "app store" with digital gauge fonts and layouts that people could design and sell. They say they're all about customization, so I think that would be real customization instead of just changing the colors and having 3 preset display styles. Only downside is Ford would have to hire someone to moderate and make sure the layouts were Ford-approved, safe, and without glitches. But I'd gladly pay 25-50 bucks for a whole new gauge layout whenever I felt like switching it up. Now that would be cool.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I vote digital provided it isn't overly priced to get it.

SDEcoBoost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Convertible
I like the digital dash look and the ability to make changes; however, as with any new tech, I will go old school for now, until we see if this thing even works. If this cluster fails, replacement will require dash removal and the addition of rattles and squeaks, along with the cluster. And, don't even talk about replacement after the 3/36 warranty period. You will have to sell your first born, to even buy the part(s). Based on past experience this will be a wait and see how the first year goes with all the new tech.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Ford could have a whole "app store" with digital gauge fonts and layouts that people could design and sell. They say they're all about customization, so I think that would be real customization instead of just changing the colors and having 3 preset display styles. Only downside is Ford would have to hire someone to moderate and make sure the layouts were Ford-approved, safe, and without glitches. But I'd gladly pay 25-50 bucks for a whole new gauge layout whenever I felt like switching it up. Now that would be cool.
Sure apps are cool. I don't mind paying. Open source seems to be more creative. More people are willing to work for free on a free platform. But heck app would make it much easier.

I fixed it for them: No more double MPH. Deleted automatic select display & gear. Added navi, well screenshot from google maps. I'm working off an iphone after all. Navi would be much bigger if moved mileage to speedo and deleted radio channel.
IMG_0014.jpg

Dsquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP LB
I prefer the analog, but then again..I'm old school, as in old man, and analog is all I know..Nothing against digital however, just my preference. I'd be curious as to what the young guys, vs. older guys like myself prefer. My guess is that preference of the two would pretty much be divided by age groups..but I could be wrong.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Sure apps are cool. I don't mind paying. Open source seems to be more creative. More people are willing to work for free on a free platform. But heck app would make it much easier.

I fixed it for them: No more double MPH. Deleted automatic select display & gear. Added navi, well screenshot from google maps. I'm working off an iphone after all. Navi would be much bigger if moved mileage to speedo and deleted radio channel.
Yeah something like that is more like it. And it would be cool to have that center portion be switchable to display album art/radio station art or the nav map. I personally still would rather have analog but the digital would be more tempting if they added stuff like that to make it a little more innovative.

Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
I agree about needing to see in person, but because my wife's car has a portion of her gauges that is digital and in my experience, it gets washed out when it's very bright and sunny out... makes it too hard to see. I hope that isn't the case with the Mustang's dash though...
Hoping those "binocular tunnels" help with the screen wash out :cheers:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Open source anything related to vehicle programing seems like a massive security liability and I don't think any manufacturer wants to get into that.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Ok thought I would start this poll to get a feel on what most of you think.
I lean towards the digital because you can customize it more and I am sure it would be easier to add a 200 MPH speedo
in the future. Just a computer mod or hack and your done !

If only they could make this one fill up the space. The blue-ish needle persistence I could probably deal with as long as it wasn't too bright (or could be faded).

Maybe put the lap timing and gear displays as an available data option inside this instead of switching the entire display over.

Norm

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
Other than replacement cost and the potential for latency, digital looks like the way to go.