2018 Ford Mustang Digital or Analog Gauges

2018 Ford Mustang - Digital or Analog Gauges

• Total voters

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Digital, but not at any price. If it's part of an option package that I don't otherwise want I may change my mind.

I'm a little surprised by the results.
Sponsored

Bigfoot53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
C7 Stingray Z51/past rides: Jaguar XKR/AMG C-63 Edition 507
While I'm "old school," getting Social Security and don't own a smart phone or tablet, I'd go with the digital panel. I love the analog set-up in my Nissan truck but for my canyon carver (drive it like you stole it!) I like a digital read-out. The read-out design of the C-7 Corvette is, in my eye, just about perfect, you can have a nice big speed readout in the center of the tach. The '18 'stang's digital readout looks very workable to me, can't wait to see it in person...someday...

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
for a convertible i wonder how difficult it will be to see with sunlight
Yea, maybe analog... the digital display and sync screen in my vert is at times hard to make out with the top down... granted, the sun sits a bit lower up here than most other places ;)

Kennocha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Grabber Blue GTPP
My Dodge Dart has digital, and it is not that good in sunlight, and the things windows are tinted pretty heavily.

Maybe they will use better stuff than Dodge did, but I still am leery. There is also the sheer cost when the thing goes tits up. LCD's die. They don't last forever.

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Analog Gauges

My Dodge Dart has digital, and it is not that good in sunlight, and the things windows are tinted pretty heavily.

Maybe they will use better stuff than Dodge did, but I still am leery. There is also the sheer cost when the thing goes tits up. LCD's die. They don't last forever.
That's why I ordered a 2017. Plus all this technology appeals more to the newer generation. I grew up on computers IBM 8086, Apple Lisa etc...
Supported & Sold computers over 20 years. Tech is great but I miss the good old
days to cars. Light chassis, heavliy modded engines, nice and clean engine bays - all engine - no emissions.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Digital go a long way to making the interior look updated.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
A numbers-only digital panel gives off the impression that you should be more concerned about small changes in values than is really necessary for virtually all driving situations (yes, I can find an exception or two here). That the numbers themselves are more important than the interpretations of what they mean (but not here).

So I've voted 'analog' but extend that to include well thought-out screens with analog-appearing "gauges".

Norm

Jdmuscle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supra Viper Z06 Mustang
I much prefer my Supra's analog tach over the Z and the Viper's digital tachs.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
If it's an option I wonder if will be able to put them in 15-17 cars
I doubt it though I'm hoping one day. The stock gauges are terrible. But no one has messed with a 350 swap or really made gauge faces so far. The digital clusters should be easy to find on eBay so that might help once the cars start getting totaled.

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt it though I'm hoping one day. The stock gauges are terrible. But no one has messed with a 350 swap or really made gauge faces so far. The digital clusters should be easy to find on eBay so that might help once the cars start getting totaled.

I believe there may be issues with the odometer in a cluster swap. I believe current owners already face that issue when wanting to upgrade to MyColor.

Gibbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Monaro CV8 '05 , Mustang GT 18 on order.
While I'm "old school," getting Social Security and don't own a smart phone or tablet, I'd go with the digital panel. I love the analog set-up in my Nissan truck but for my canyon carver (drive it like you stole it!) I like a digital read-out. The read-out design of the C-7 Corvette is, in my eye, just about perfect, you can have a nice big speed readout in the center of the tach. The '18 'stang's digital readout looks very workable to me, can't wait to see it in person...someday...
Fully Agree! C-7 Dash in real life is a thing of beauty.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I believe there may be issues with the odometer in a cluster swap. I believe current owners already face that issue when wanting to upgrade to MyColor.
That was one thing that kept coming up with the 350 cluster swap threads but people have said the dealer can change the ODO reading possibly?

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
That was one thing that kept coming up with the 350 cluster swap threads but people have said the dealer can change the ODO reading possibly?
Any word on this?

xDUMPWEEDx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP (Base/Oxford White)
Digital looks really good. You gotta have deep pockets for these '18s though...
Sponsored