Sponsored

Zl1 tow hook question

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I am sure this is a dumb question, but I just got the zl1 tow hook installed. Should it be free to swing, or tight enough that it stays facing downward?
Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I am sure this is a dumb question, but I just got the zl1 tow hook installed. Should it be free to swing, or tight enough that it stays facing downward?
I would tighten it. That way it won't bang around and make noise or ruin other parts in the area. If they have to hook onto it at the track having it tight won't be a problem.

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I would tighten it. That way it won't bang around and make noise or ruin other parts in the area. If they have to hook onto it at the track having it tight won't be a problem.
That’s what I thought, thank you

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
tight but don't kill it. You should be able to move the ring by hand and have it stay in place.

Sponsored

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Thanks for the info, are you happy with their work? Was it expensive? I just hate
removing the whole front to do this. Thanks again.
I did my own, and did not remove the front. Pull the belly pan and it's doable that way. Relocating the temp sensor is a little annoying with limited reach, but not bad.

OP
OP
09cs

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Thanks for the info, are you happy with their work? Was it expensive? I just hate
removing the whole front to do this. Thanks again.
Very happy with their work, been going to them for years and no issues. Don't have actual cost infront of me as i was having other work done at the time

Sponsored

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Very happy with their work, been going to them for years and no issues. Don't have actual cost infront of me as i was having other work done at the time
Appreciate the info, thanks.

Mrhavasu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I did my own, and did not remove the front. Pull the belly pan and it's doable that way. Relocating the temp sensor is a little annoying with limited reach, but not bad.
Might have to give that a try, thanks.
Sponsored