Sponsored

Your OCD and your mustang thread!

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I can't believe it has taking me 4.5 years to discover that my pp wheels have different placement of the schrader valve. After putting on my A/S setup today, I realized the front 9" rims have the valve in the short wide part while the rear 9.5" have the valve in the skinny long part. Anymore she is more of a 5'er than a 5"er. Yes, I know I'm pathetic, what has your OCD shown you?:inspect:
20191023_200702.jpg
20191023_200630.jpg
20191023_202543.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
IIRC, there is a reason for that placement - staggered rim setup = placement of the valve stem to easily distinguish fronts vs rears...

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
ha i never realized that either. btw, how are the DSW06 compared to summer tires?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
I noticed the first time I washed my wheels/car spoke by spoke by hand wash no chemicals.

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
ha i never realized that either. btw, how are the DSW06 compared to summer tires?
Before the supercharger they were great but now they are fighting for traction even in 3rd gear.

Sponsored

Hidalgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible, Premium, Magnetic, Int. Midnight Blue, 401A Pkge, 10Sp. AT, Smart & Safe Pkge, Active Valve Performance Exhaust, Shaker Pro, 20" Alum wheels; 2015 BMW M235i, Vert, Twin Turbo, JB4; BMW 2017 X5, M Sports Pkge
I can't believe it has taking me 4.5 years to discover that my pp wheels have different placement of the schrader valve. After putting on my A/S setup today, I realized the front 9" rims have the valve in the short wide part while the rear 9.5" have the valve in the skinny long part. Anymore she is more of a 5'er than a 5"er. Yes, I know I'm pathetic, what has your OCD shown you?:inspect:
20191023_200702.jpg
20191023_200630.jpg
20191023_202543.jpg
If the OP was washing those dirty wheels and tires more often, he might have noticed the different placement of the valve stem. :facepalm:

All kidding aside, thanks for the education. Had no idea they were called a "Schrader Valve"
Never to old to learn. :computerrage:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
All kidding aside, thanks for the education. Had no idea they were called a "Schrader Valve"
Never to old to learn. :computerrage:
There's also a tire valve called a "Presta Valve" (mainly used in the high-end bicycle world) that's somewhat different and not directly interchangeable with the Schrader. Hence the specific naming.

Norm

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
I owned a Shadow Black Mustang. My OCD was so bad I had to trade it in for another color since I couldn't stop trying to make the black be perfect all the time.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Bird bombs get immediate attention the minute I see it. Microfibers and dry wash spray is always in the trunk.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I owned a Shadow Black Mustang. My OCD was so bad I had to trade it in for another color since I couldn't stop trying to make the black be perfect all the time.
lol i would imagine magnetic hides dirt pretty easy. i know ingot silver does...

Sponsored

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
lol i would imagine magnetic hides dirt pretty easy. i know ingot silver does...
Magnetic basically looks clean all the time. Just depends on the distance. My OCD still flares up but it is less severe than when I owned the black one.

Deleted member 35644

A black car would be the death of me. Kona is hard enough. Microfiber is the only material that has ever touched this car, but I still have scratches on the hood and on top of the rear fenders that catch my eye every time I walk by the car.

My big OCD with this car is how the mirrors drip water for the next 24 hours after a wash. I blow them out with the leaf blower, insert microfibers between the case and mirror to soak it up, and I still get drips down the side of the car the next time it's driven. I can usually be seen wiping down the doors in grocery store parking lots, at the gas station, or at work. I've been tempted several times to drill some drain holes. Makes me crazy.

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
A black car would be the death of me. Kona is hard enough. Microfiber is the only material that has ever touched this car, but I still have scratches on the hood and on top of the rear fenders that catch my eye every time I walk by the car.

My big OCD with this car is how the mirrors drip water for the next 24 hours after a wash. I blow them out with the leaf blower, insert microfibers between the case and mirror to soak it up, and I still get drips down the side of the car the next time it's driven. I can usually be seen wiping down the doors in grocery store parking lots, at the gas station, or at work. I've been tempted several times to drill some drain holes. Makes me crazy.
I totally understand the mirror issue. I have a similar thing with my lights, they tend to *cry* for a little while. I find that immediately cleaning and then driving as fast as possible in a safe area helps. A quick on and off the highway usually works. Then I just mop up the rest. There tend to be many crevices in the car that hold water you think you got until you least expect it.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
That's why I swapped the gloss back trunk panel for ingot silver. It gets just as dirty, but it doesn't show near as bad.

48733668728_b928b014e3_b.jpg

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
I get that dripping after a wash too, doors, mirrors, and taillights. It drips less if I roll back and forth in the driveway and hit the brakes hard, make the water slosh around and drain out some. But I'm still out there about once every hour for the rest of the day wiping up the drips before they turn into water spots.
Sponsored