Sponsored

Your experience with polyurethane cradle bushings ?

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Listen to Kelley...

He’s not trying to sell you something, he’s trying to help you.

I called him got his advice did the opposite of what he recommended and ended up having to redo it just like he recommended.

I could’ve save myself six hours worth of labor if I just listened
Sponsored

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Hey guys , I just ordered a set of poly cradle mont bushings from Energy Suspension. I was wondering if anybody can provide any feedback about this upgrade . It seems to be reasonably beneficial way how to straighten my subframe cradle and get a rid of the deflection in the rubber ones.
Cheers
M.
VERY early into the S550, before any of the cradle lockout bolt-ons were available, I bought the Delrin bushing kit from Kelly at BMR. It's a pretty big job dropping the rear subframe and sawzall-ing the stock ones out. While I LOVE how the car ended up, i don't daily this car, there is NVH. With the availability of BMR's CB762 and CB005 I would not suggest anyone do the IRS cradle bushings. The bolt-ons are not expensive and get you the results you want without the NVH. Call Kelly, he'll take care of you.

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VERY early into the S550, before any of the cradle lockout bolt-ons were available, I bought the Delrin bushing kit from Kelly at BMR. It's a pretty big job dropping the rear subframe and sawzall-ing the stock ones out. While I LOVE how the car ended up, i don't daily this car, there is NVH. With the availability of BMR's CB762 and CB005 I would not suggest anyone do the IRS cradle bushings. The bolt-ons are not expensive and get you the results you want without the NVH. Call Kelly, he'll take care of you.
^^^

OP
OP
Martinnfb

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Thank You for your comments guys. It seems like not many have an experience with polyurethane replacements. In regards of Kelly's condescending sale pitch?, a good way to loose a potential customer.
I would like to stress once again, Polyurethane replacement bushing is what I am after, nothing else. Can we please stick with that ?
Cheers
Martin

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank You for your comments guys. It seems like not many have an experience with polyurethane replacements. In regards of Kelly's condescending sale pitch?, a good way to loose a potential customer.
I would like to stress once again, Polyurethane replacement bushing is what I am after, nothing else. Can we please stick with that ?
Cheers
Martin
Get them and let us know how you like them

Sponsored

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
OP,
You killed your own thread in post #19 by bashing the guy you asked to call in post #12 .......

Last edited:
OP
OP
Martinnfb

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Greg, I will talk to Kelly next week in order to clarify what he had in mind, but I will not put up with patronizing and trolling. I have the shop booked for install on 24th, so after this date I will be able to share my experience.
I am not looking for on-line status, I am looking for direct answers to a direct question. Did I get it ? not just yet.
Having said that how would you classify your input, as a helpful, or positive in any way, Not likely . So if you don't have anything to say in relation to the topic, I would like to ask you to back off .

OP
OP
Martinnfb

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Gentleman, I just got off the phone with Kelly.
We had a great chat and I have to admit that my impression was wrong, he was not trying to sell me BMR product.
What he was saying is that there is an essential flaw in the design of the poly bushings replacement, where the sharp cradle edge has a tendency to cut into the side of the unprotected poly bushing.
As you all know the OEM design cradle bushing has two sleeves, outer and the inner one. The outer one has a curved edge that sits on the cradle, therefore providing support/protection while flexing, for the rubber material. That is a detail that I missed out on.
Sometimes it's hard to grasp the full message on the on-line forum and I would like to apologize to Kelly for coming out to harsh.
It seems that the aluminium is the way to go. :) Stay put , I will keep you posted about the future progress and results.
Thanks again to everyone for sharing and especially to Kelly for taking his time with me, his relentless patience and willingness to help :).
Cheers
Martin

Last edited:
OP
OP
Martinnfb

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Today, I had the aluminium bushings installed. All I can say I am glad I did . I did some limited driving in the rainy town and there is no noise increase as it is often predicted on-line. Car is firm , but not obnoxiously bumpy. I love it so far. Once again I didn't touch the differential bushings and most likely will not ( in the foreseen future).
As of this moment no drama, no horror stories, just a joy and solid rear end. When the weather permits I will take it on the highway and local mountain roads to give you some more info.
Once again , thank you everyone for the input and sharing.
Cheers
Martin
IMG_1230.jpg
IMG_1229.jpg

Sponsored

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Interesting so the poly lip gets cut over time? Guessing it's the side between the frame and subframe.

In for more results on the aluminum bushing and your nvh perception. I planned to leave the diff alone and just do poly subframe bushings but seems there is good reason to go to the more solid bushing. Nvh is a concern for me though.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting so the poly lip gets cut over time? Guessing it's the side between the frame and subframe.

In for more results on the aluminum bushing and your nvh perception. I planned to leave the diff alone and just do poly subframe bushings but seems there is good reason to go to the more solid bushing. Nvh is a concern for me though.
Tbh the cradle lockouts act pretty much like a solid bushing. Not too surprised by the results.

tevaburns

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tiberius
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
Do not do the full replacements.

I promise you, there really is not any benefit to a full replacement poly bushing over a "lockout" or "insert" style modification.

The only time I suggest a full replacement is if the customer is set on it and they're okay going with something "solid" such as Delrin or Aluminum material.
Kelly will the IRS cut into the Delrin mounts I have?

OP
OP
Martinnfb

Martinnfb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP,
Which kit did you go with?
Initially I wanted to install the set from Ford Motosport , but since they were discontinued and the prices are still relatively high for 4 pieces of aluminum, so I was able to find these , basically a Chinese copy of M-5872. Black ionized aluminium.
s-l1600.jpg

That is correct, Kelly said, that even the Delrin is cracking under heavy loads.

Tbh the cradle lockouts act pretty much like a solid bushing. Not too surprised by the results.
Indeed, Lock-outs are brilliant solution, with the possibility to going back to the original set-up. However, the weak point is still there. I believe BMR is planning to bring a new product on the market soon.
Sponsored