Your car wash workflow

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sort of.........

I have not personally used these two products but have seen them remove a heavy build up of traffic film without agitation.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-auto-foam-5-liter-169oz-pre-wash-snow-foam

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-touch-less-5-liter-169oz-snow-foam-pre-wash-touch-less

But.................both of these products are highly alkaline, Touch-Less measures a pH of 12 and Auto-Foam even higher at a pH of 13. Those pH levels are the reason why they work without agitation, but also strip your wax and most likely take a swing at a ceramic coating. Drive through touch-less car washes use these sort of chemicals also. I would also be wary of sustained use of such high pH chemicals and their affect on rubber trims.
Bilt Hamber is a really impressive cleaner, I posted some before and after pictures on this thread :

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...essure-washer-no-contact.155177/#post-3164632

I’ve used for for a few years now on a ten year old daily that sits outside. My partners parents have the exact same ten year old daily that sits outside a mile away so it sees exactly the same environmental conditions. Theirs has a crap wash / maintenance schedule, mine has a reasonable one. My car looks in a completely different league to theirs including the outer plastics and trim (which I don’t treat, I just regularly wash / clean).

I think I must be good at giving foam a very good rinse off though (and I never let it dry) which would be very important with a strong product. There was a thread on here with people morning about foam residue left in gaps on the car after rinsing. I’ve never had that problem, if there’s foam left on the car after rinsing then surely it’s not been rinsed properly … ?

The Bilt Hamber did very visibly diminish turtle wax hybrid ceramic after about eight weeks and I have switched foams on the mustang for this reason (to Autoglym).

I do have some more BH coming for Christmas though so I can pick and choose which to use - horses for courses. BH for heavy duty soiling on the daily’s and Autoglym for the stang which only ever sees light soiling.

WD :like:
Sponsored

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
After Goose mentioned this product some months back, I picked up a bottle. Finally found the time to apply this to the black vinyl. Haven't washed the vehicle since but it was NBD to apply and reasonably easy to remove the excess.

1639915752805.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
LOL KB,

You ever find a product worth using more than once ? Funny, I've done tne same ............... some.

I have this mental picture, your cleaning supply cabinet. Looks like some the women's make_up stash I've dated .

Guess one can never be to beautiful . > big grin <

I'm still stuck on 303 .....

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Sort of.........

I have not personally used these two products but have seen them remove a heavy build up of traffic film without agitation.

Bilt Hamber Auto-Foam
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-auto-foam-5-liter-169oz-pre-wash-snow-foam

Bilt Hamber Touch-Less
https://bilthamberus.com/products/bilt-hamber-touch-less-5-liter-169oz-snow-foam-pre-wash-touch-less

But.................both of these products are highly alkaline, Touch-Less measures a pH of 12 and Auto-Foam even higher at a pH of 13. Those pH levels are the reason why they work without agitation, but also strip your wax and most likely take a swing at a ceramic coating. Drive through touch-less car washes use these sort of chemicals also. I would also be wary of sustained use of such high pH chemicals and their affect on rubber trims.
Thanks. I've looked them up, but somehow I have the feeling they aren't quite what I'm looking for. They are still pre-wash foams, which prepare the car for the main wash.

I'd like something that actually washes the car, not pre-washes it. Something like those tablets you put into a kettle to remove limescale - they attack the limescale chemically, dissolve it, then you rinse the kettle with fresh water and it's squeaky-clean. I want something that does the same with the dried mud, road salt, and whatever else might be stuck to the paint. Something that destroys the chemical bonds that keep the dirt attached to the paint, so that it can be simply rinsed off not 15%, not 40%, but 100%.
I take it there's no such thing, right?

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'll just leave these here and step away quietly........... :giggle:
Makes me question my understanding of the car wash LMAO

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
$.02: I have to agree with Deyon on the harsh chemicals. You may find products that accomplish your goal but they will probably also remove any wax or sealant. Washing takes way less time so I'd rather have a mild wash that gets done more frequently.

But, as always, different strokes..

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
You ever find a product worth using more than once ?
Greg: Honestly, I do but like Deyon, I'm always on the lookout for new, more better "stuff." :cool:

I'm also not quite as OCD as Deyon..only one cabinet (that's too small) and not nearly as neat.

1640003271340.png

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Greg: Honestly, I do but like Deyon, I'm always on the lookout for new, more better "stuff." :cool:

I'm also not quite as OCD as Deyon..only one cabinet (that's too small) and not nearly as neat.

Just having some fun, I'm the same way about metal polish . Choices are fewer, did find what works best.

I don't know what OCD is, sounds like a mental thing ? Do have preferences, standards, used to judge such products.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
OK, so there's no zero bucket method, unfortunately. How about a one bucket method, then?
I'm thinking of using one bucket of ONR and a Big Red Sponge instead of the two-bucket method. The ONR solution is supposed to remove the dirt from the sponge and to cause it to fall down to the bottom of the bucket, so that no extra bucket should be necessary.
I'm thinking of a process like this:
1. High pressure rinse
2. Pre-wash foam
3. High pressure rinse
4. ONR
5. High pressure rinse
6. Dry
Does this sound like a good idea?
You can tell I hate the two-bucket method, can't you? :giggle:

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Call me cynical, but if this is based on a marketing statement :

"The ONR solution is supposed to remove the dirt from the sponge and to cause it to fall down to the bottom of the bucket"

I would like to see some results or understand how it does that bit better than any other car wash solution ?

Honestly I can't see the resistance to two buckets, the only extra time is how long it takes to get the extra bucket out of the garage and hang it back up again after, maybe two mins tops ? Seems like a small price to pay for that little bit of extra protection it offers ?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I would like to see some results or understand how it does that bit better than any other car wash solution ?
It's in all their presentation videos and reviews.
I can't explain how it works, since my knowledge of chemistry is average at best, but apparently it has to do with the polymers used in the solution and the way they encapsulate the dirt particles (which is actually what makes it safe to use without rinsing in the first place).

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
'Encapsulate' is a common (marketing ?) word used in detailing products :

1640338095714.png

I wouldn't like to hazard a guess how well one product would encapsulate particles compared to another and as for an end user without evidence, we are left with pretty much one option i.e. ... :

Buy loads of random shit, try it all once and find what works best for you ... lol

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That's true. I guess ONR isn't the only no-rinse cleaning solution. But it seems to be highly praised, and the general consensus seems to be that it does work as advertised. I've yet to find a bad review.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's true. I guess ONR isn't the only no-rinse cleaning solution. But it seems to be highly praised, and the general consensus seems to be that it does work as advertised. I've yet to find a bad review.
Yeah not doubting that, for every family of products there will always be one that's consistently at, or near the top of the pile :like:

Sponsored