Sponsored

Your Blend/Build Date is On the Car

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Not sure if anyone has posted about this ... I haven't seen it mentioned if they have.

I was looking at the info label in the door jamb the other day, and it occurred to me that the blend/build date is "hidden" on the label. There will also be a build date located in the upper LH corner of the label that just shows the month & year of the build.

See the red box in the attached photo, which shows the actual blend/build date which is located bottom center on the door jamb label. I verified this with the blend date on my window sticker. Mine is Dec 12, 2014 ... shown as "20141212" (yyyymmdd format) in the red box.
S550 Door Label (blend date).JPG
Sponsored

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Also by vin lookup on etis.ford.com

OP
OP
GT Pony

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Don't need a computer to look it up, just open the driver's door and look at the sticker.

jenksdrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Same as how it is on the sticker.

Also, blend date is the target completion date; not the start date as I've seen posted everywhere. Considering the blend date and when my car completed and started shipping, it lines up.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I've noticed, too, on my car, there's some stampings along the trunk lip (beneath the trunk lid) that say 02262016. My car's blend date was 03/02/2016, so I can see that the body was possibly stamped out a couple of days before they put everything together :cheers:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
All Mustang sheet metal has had tooling stamping date codes since inception. It’s one way of knowing if the sheet metal is original to the vehicle when looking to buy a used Mustang (pertains mainly to Classics, but can be used for modern day as well).

There should also be a BUC tag affixed to the body somewhere, that has partial VIN, and some build codes; it was usually tacked to the radiator support (if Ford still tags body shells as such).

Just curious, whatever happened to the VIN tags/decals that were present on the body panels from 1987-the early 2000’s?
Sponsored