Sponsored

You know how many times I have damaged another persons car?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
My wife just gotten her 2011 Fusion, had it about a month. She came out of the grocery store and was walking to the car, when some lady who was done with her cart, pushed it towards the cart corral. It missed, rolled into brand new Fusion, and put a dent. When my wife confronted her, she said "whatta gonna do? It's a grocery store cart. It happens" My wifes calls the police, they track her down, and we go to court. Judge calls me up and says this is a civil matter, not criminal. You'll have to take her to civil court. Sorry.

F@#ing people.
I would have taken the cart and smashed it into her car and went what can ya do it's a grocery cart.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I moved to be near my sons and canā€™t find anything suitable to rent so weā€™re staying at a local motel. Already had someone from the second floor balcony flicking ashes on the trunk lid. Some douche bag in a Expedition parked so close to my drivers door I could barely get into it to move it. Luckily didnā€™t get a door ding.

Moved it into my sons yard where thereā€™s a bunch of cats who like to jump on cars and walk all over them. My car cover is 10 hours away so Iā€™m using blankets and plastic to keep the cats prints and claw marks off of it until we find a house to rent.

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Exactly zero, IM about to turn 48 damn near 50 and I have cause zero damage to another persons car. My car on the other hand, is 11 months old and has so far had the drivers door dinged, a scratch put on the rear passenger fender and yesterday someone took a chunk out of my rear bumper.

Yes yes I park in Egypt when I park anywhere. But here now with covid for some reason everyone thinks parking at the far end of the parking lot somehow is safer? I ll find the most empty area of a parking lot and every time I come out Im surrounded.

IM fairly sure the rear bumper chuck came from the jack ass loading lumber next to my car (he wasnt there when I went in) at home depot. Why in the world would you park at the far ass end of the parking lot to load lumber? Is the thought process "oh there is the nicest shiniest car in the parking lot that the guy parks way out away form everyone cause he cares about his car...lets go park right next to it and load lumber.

Well if yall see a viral video of a 6'1'' 245lb guy kicking the s%@t out out of someones door with a size 12 shoe you will know I got my car dinged one too many times.

Sponsored

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Exactly zero, IM about to turn 48 damn near 50 and I have cause zero damage to another persons car. My car on the other hand, is 11 months old and has so far had the drivers door dinged, a scratch put on the rear passenger fender and yesterday someone took a chunk out of my rear bumper.

Yes yes I park in Egypt when I park anywhere. But here now with covid for some reason everyone thinks parking at the far end of the parking lot somehow is safer? I ll find the most empty area of a parking lot and every time I come out Im surrounded.

IM fairly sure the rear bumper chuck came from the jack ass loading lumber next to my car (he wasnt there when I went in) at home depot. Why in the world would you park at the far ass end of the parking lot to load lumber? Is the thought process "oh there is the nicest shiniest car in the parking lot that the guy parks way out away form everyone cause he cares about his car...lets go park right next to it and load lumber.

Well if yall see a viral video of a 6'1'' 245lb guy kicking the s%@t out out of someones door with a size 12 shoe you will know I got my car dinged one too many times.
I'm so anal I research parking accommodations (google maps) when I have to go/park somewhere I'm not familiar with. Being ding-paranoid gets intense when you're trapped in a situation where getting dinged is highly probable. In a past life I had 2 plastic magnetic side molding strips that protected doors when parking choices sucked. Some AH stole them in a hotel parking lot. I've been lucky so far with the 2019. Why did I say that?

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - This is the family car which my wife regularly drives. She tries to park away from the madding crowd and she always pulls through the parking slots so she can pull out when leaving rather than backing out because SUVs, trucks w/caps, minivans, etc, can make it difficult to see when backing out because of their squared off back ends. In the first few days of ownership I noticed a small abrasion on the bumper and I knew immediately what happened because I've seen it done. The person pulls into the parking slot and without a front camera they can't see were their front bumper is, so they pull forward until they just touch the rear bumper of the car in front of them and then back off a bit. I call it the "touchy-feely" parking method. So, I had this piece of truck side molding and cut a piece off, stuck it on the bumper and put a strip of reflective tape in a recessed part of the molding. Does it look good? No, but it has worked well so far and I don't get aggravated by more rear bumper abrasions. The only problem she has is when someone parks so close behind her that she can't access the trunk to put the groceries away... Bruce

P.S. Now that I'm looking at the photo I took, it looks a bit like a smiley face . Maybe I should put eye lashes over the back up sensors.

C76DBC67-1854-437B-9289-965F82F9C4D8.jpeg

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Yep, I had a big paint chip from a ding like 2 weeks after getting the car. From work of all places. That's what baffles me, normally in the wild I'm rarely bothered by other people, but at work? Some of the most dickhead people and parking methods you can imagine. And it's not like it's because nobody likes me or something, it's people I've never even seen before, driving 20 year old crap boxes who are probably mad they can't afford something nice.

With that said, I kind of just accept it for what it is, especially for a daily driver. People are salty in this life and can't stand someone else is more successful than them or has something they can't have. I try not to stay mad about it for long because everything can be fixed.

Also, just straight up never take anything you care about to Walmart.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
That GM orange peel is something else. Not to say S550's are blessed with great paint or anything lol.

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Yep, I had a big paint chip from a ding like 2 weeks after getting the car. From work of all places. That's what baffles me, normally in the wild I'm rarely bothered by other people, but at work? Some of the most dickhead people and parking methods you can imagine. And it's not like it's because nobody likes me or something, it's people I've never even seen before, driving 20 year old crap boxes who are probably mad they can't afford something nice.

With that said, I kind of just accept it for what it is, especially for a daily driver. People are salty in this life and can't stand someone else is more successful than them or has something they can't have. I try not to stay mad about it for long because everything can be fixed.

Also, just straight up never take anything you care about to Walmart.
Did you fix the ding and chip?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Did you fix the ding and chip?
Nope. I bought the Motorcraft touch up paint but haven't bothered. It's hot enough now to do it and have it only take a day or so to cure, so I will probably do it soon. I feel like I kind of left it there as a reminder to myself that shit is gonna happen. Also to clarify the metal didn't ding, but it was hit hard enough to chip off the paint.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine had a paint chip from the factory by the trunk lid. Apparently not the greatest paint from Ford.

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
same did you get it fixed?
No, I just documented it and threw a dab of leftover Oxford White touch up paint on it from my 2012 GT. It was obviously assembly related and in an inconspicuous spot but definitely not the only defect I've found. I'm terrified of a Ford body shop touching it.
Sponsored