Sponsored

You know how many times I have damaged another persons car?

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
I island park all the time and have yet to have an issue with people hitting my car. Although I do get people parking next to my car at times I think some do it just to look at my car. I do remember a few years ago when I was living in California was at a target island parking ran in to get a PS4 controller came back out and a GTR, and a modded S2000 were parked around me.

2 places I will never take my car though and only did it once is Lowes and Home Depot.
Sponsored

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I island park all the time and have yet to have an issue with people hitting my car. Although I do get people parking next to my car at times I think some do it just to look at my car. I do remember a few years ago when I was living in California was at a target island parking ran in to get a PS4 controller came back out and a GTR, and a modded S2000 were parked around me.

2 places I will never take my car though and only did it once is Lowes and Home Depot.
What exactly is island park?

Grimmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Manual
My parking priorities:
Don't park next to grass (sprinklers)
Don't park under a tree (sap & bird poop)
Park at the end of the row and hug the curb for most possible space between the next guy.
Park out away from anyone else.
If end of row or wide open space is not available, try to park where only exposed to the passenger door of other vehicles. (better chance that the other cars have no passenger to open that door)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The never ending assholery of others is the sole reason I never take the Mustang anywhere that requires me to leave it unattended in a parking lot.

Tricky if yours is a DD, but mine is not.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
The never ending assholery of others is the sole reason I never take the Mustang anywhere that requires me to leave it unattended in a parking lot.

Amen!!
I echo your sentiments exactly........................:champagne:

Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1

Amen!!
I echo your sentiments exactly........................:champagne:
you guys realize it’s a Mustang though right?

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

Even at Cars & Coffee I've come home with fresh scratches that didn't exist prior.

Honestly, unless you just sit in or around your car when you're out the whole time.

Unfortunately, dogs/people/carts/cars inevitably are magnetic to our pride and joys.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What exactly is island park?
Parking out in the middle of no where usually in the very back or near the back of the parking lot.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
you guys realize it’s a Mustang though right?
Maybe but I put a lot of time and money into mine and I treat everything I own with care, even my 2006 Pontiac G6 it stays outside but has a car cover on it 90% of the time and I try to wash it after every rain. I wish more people would appreciate what they have. You can tell a lot about a person by how their car looks/treated.

Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide

Mine was parked in the garage when I wasn’t using it. I rarely parked at any kind of store parking lots etc. unless I could visually see it from the store.

Moved from Wisconsin to South Carolina to be near my kids but haven’t found anything to rent or buy yet and we’re staying at a motel. Already had some close calls. Last week I parked it at my sons house but there are a lot of cats that come in the yard and like to walk/lay on the hood and roof.

Needless to say it’s covered with blankets and a thick covering of plastic. I miss my garage lol

rangerryda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium A10
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe but I put a lot of time and money into mine and I treat everything I own with care, even my 2006 Pontiac G6 it stays outside but has a car cover on it 90% of the time and I try to wash it after every rain. I wish more people would appreciate what they have. You can tell a lot about a person by how their car looks/treated.
While I agree to a point, what he was saying was that our cars have tons of replacement parts and serviceability. It's not some exotic car that parts don't exist for and can't be easily repaired (see carbon fiber).

I've been raised to keep a clean and protected car, probably to a fault but I'm willing to live with it. That being said, I understand the people that treat their cars like a tool. They don't care about surface scratches, minor door dings, sticker residue, dirty exhaust tips, bugs on the bumper, gravel/dirt in the carpet, or a stain on the seats BUT they have safe and quality tires, keep up with scheduled maintenance according to the owners manual, run it through a car wash semi frequently, pay for the extra wax twice a year, replace the wiper blades when needed, replace bulbs that burn out and generally protect their investment so it will still serve it's function. Then there's the monsters... we all know a few. I need not remind you of the horrors in which I speak...

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Then there's the monsters... we all know a few. I need not remind you of the horrors in which I speak...
I had a friend like that. He was like the opposite of a car enthusiast and I remember every time hoping in his car he would have empty chip bags and coke cans all over the floor and I would have to kick them out of the way just to put my feet on the floor.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I love my car probably more than the next guy... however what I’ve come to learn or am still learning these cars don’t come from the factory perfect, and they seem to pick up more flaws as the miles increase.
I try to keep it damn near prestige but I have to be realistic and also realize they make a base model version of these cars, I just happen to have the nicer engine and the better interior materials...

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
More and more I just want to sell my Mustang and just drive my rusty old truck and not care about it getting hit and scratched up

only 2 times I scratched up someone’s car. Both times the person slammed there car door onto mine and just Looked at me like I was a alien. I said “hello”. Both times and they just walked away. So I slammed my door on there’s a few times . ( wasn’t my Mustang)

People suck
Sponsored