• Total voters

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
The issue is pointing the finger at LMS by a lot of people BEFORE it's even been determined, if possible, what happened. People are playing the judge before any evidence at all has been proven EITHER WAY.
lets say you have an operation and there is a problem and it's suspected the Doctor screwed it up and there's a malpractice concern.. do you let the same Doctor go back in to check his own work and count on him being truthful about what he found or do you go to another expert Doctor who has nothing to gain or lose? LMS will not find anything that could was their fault in this scenario even if they really do find something that was their fault. just my honest feeling about situations like this.
Sponsored

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
lets say you have an operation and there is a problem and it's suspected the Doctor screwed it up and there's a malpractice concern.. do you let the same Doctor go back in to check his own work and count on him being truthful about what he found or do you go to another expert Doctor who has nothing to gain or lose? LMS will not find anything that could was their fault in this scenario even if they really do find something that was their fault. just my honest feeling about situations like this.
I understand your point but your point is about who you'd prefer to do the work afterwards. The quoted post was about laying blame. 2 different things.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Well its puffing out of the oil fill and breather cap so we know for a fact something is hurt internally, while we could give a quote to just repair the engine, we are already going to have the engine out and apart and we know the application is boosted so instead of putting weak factory components back in it would make more sense to build a stronger block while we are already in there.
The issue is pointing the finger at LMS by a lot of people BEFORE it's even been determined, if possible, what happened. People are playing the judge before any evidence at all has been proven EITHER WAY.
Good to see LMS finally get on here and address this issue, good for them. I just hope for the OP that they give him a righteous deal on the rebuild. Maybe I was a little to harsh with my criticism of them, but we will see in the end how they take care of this customer. I feel now maybe I should have just stayed out of this thread and not posted at all. Not sure I helped at all, internet forums bread some nastiness at times and I may have contributed to that.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I have the same set up. First person to get it, 20k miles in it and I beat the loving shit out of it with stock opg and I hit the limter all the time. NOT ONE engine issue. His car messed up from factory or just finally blew from the boost shit happens. A boosted car is a ticking time bomb
You sir are exactly the guy I'm referring to. Good luck banging off that limiter. You admit it's a time bomb and oh well if it blows it blows. The fault lies in knowing there's a week point (opgs) and yet you do nothing about it. It IS your fault when it goes because it is a known weak point and you chose to roll the dice.

It may not be lms' fault, It may be, like the guy mentioned above there's no way they'd admit it if it was.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
I understand your point but your point is about who you'd prefer to do the work afterwards. The quoted post was about laying blame. 2 different things.
LMS are the ones in this situation who will be determining what the failure is.. that is why I quoted his post in my reply

Sponsored

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
Livernois sells this inferior package on the basis of reliability and safety compared to other kits on the market. Then it blows up and they want more money? I’m sorry but if it’s your build and your tune, you should accept some sort of liability. Stand by your product.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Livernois sells this inferior package on the basis of reliability and safety compared to other kits on the market. Then it blows up and they want more money? I’m sorry but if it’s your build and your tune, you should accept some sort of liability. Stand by your product.
Word brother!!!!!!!

Some people still won’t understand what your trying to say.

RubyRedBoost

Traded EB old name New GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT with PP
^^^ so every company that installs a supercharger or tunes a car should be liable for the FORD built motor? Maybe I have different opinion because I’m self employed but if I paint a house and then later the drywall starts cracking and the clients tell me I’m liable for the drywall I’m going to tell them they r crazy. Just my opinion
Or you could stick to what you know, paint. That is a horrible analogy as they aren't even remotely the same thing. Plenty of other companies with warranties doing just fine boosting stock coyotes. Overall the failure rate is very low as it seems. The issue I'm having is Livernois sells that one off kit for an s197 that is modified to use on the s550. It is an inferior blower compared to others, but they market it as a safer alternative. Customer was sold on those claims, even his personal thread stated this. Car runs rough, seemingly from the beginning. Customer notified Livernois and the issue isn't corrected. Motor later blows and yall back Livernois. He couldn't log that tune with that device, they didn't fix the issue, and it popped. Bad gas is a garbage excuse.

JennyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
You sir are exactly the guy I'm referring to. Good luck banging off that limiter. You admit it's a time bomb and oh well if it blows it blows. The fault lies in knowing there's a week point (opgs) and yet you do nothing about it. It IS your fault when it goes because it is a known weak point and you chose to roll the dice.

It may not be lms' fault, It may be, like the guy mentioned above there's no way they'd admit it if it was.
Hahahaha your right if it blows it is my fault not livernois fault, I’ll play with fire and based on everyone on here it’s livernois fault, their tune their install blah blah blah. 1st blown issue engine from this set up. Sound like it’s not their tune. But the blower caused the engine to fail faster. You pay to play. If you can’t fix a blown engine don’t put a blower on it and then try and blame the company.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
Hahahaha your right if it blows it is my fault not livernois fault, I’ll play with fire and based on everyone on here it’s livernois fault, their tune their install blah blah blah. 1st blown issue engine from this set up. Sound like it’s not their tune. But the blower caused the engine to fail faster. You pay to play. If you can’t fix a blown engine don’t put a blower on it and then try and blame the company.
The difference here is that the OPG/Sprocket, blower, and tune were done and the issues came up immediately. Your statement "the blower caused the engine to fail faster" is probably true. But what other changes caused the engine to fail faster? The tune? Something left in an intake port?. You, I and LMS do not know and likely will never know. Your comment "you pay to play" is true of every aspect of life, but we have to go on assumptions. My car, according to the LMS tune I had on it stock made 394 rqtq with zero issues. That is significantly more than stock rwtq for an auto. So, to me, the assumption that the 8psi of boost after dozens of full throttle runs and several thousand miles on the LMS NA tune all of a sudden shows the engine's oem weekness is unlikely.
I appreciate everyone chiming in and if the engine turns out great I will be the first to let everyone know.
However, I will still be out $7200 for basically an engine which performs similarly to before the issues.
And, there are hundreds if not thousands of Roush TVS coyotes making as much or more HP than mine with warranties and no issues. This Magnuson uses the tvs2300 internals.
It is ASSUMED the engine will be fine, not a crap shoot or NO ONE would do it unless they were made out of money and time and patience for slow response to issues.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
The difference here is that the OPG/Sprocket, blower, and tune were done and the issues came up immediately. Your statement "the blower caused the engine to fail faster" is probably true. But what other changes caused the engine to fail faster? The tune? Something left in an intake port?. You, I and LMS do not know and likely will never know. Your comment "you pay to play" is true of every aspect of life, but we have to go on assumptions. My car, according to the LMS tune I had on it stock made 394 rqtq with zero issues. That is significantly more than stock rwtq for an auto. So, to me, the assumption that the 8psi of boost after dozens of full throttle runs and several thousand miles on the LMS NA tune all of a sudden shows the engine's oem weekness is unlikely.
I appreciate everyone chiming in and if the engine turns out great I will be the first to let everyone know.
However, I will still be out $7200 for basically an engine which performs similarly to before the issues.
And, there are hundreds if not thousands of Roush TVS coyotes making as much or more HP than mine with warranties and no issues. This Magnuson uses the tvs2300 internals.
It is ASSUMED the engine will be fine, not a crap shoot or NO ONE would do it unless they were made out of money and time and patience for slow response to issues.
That's a good point. Roush is similar with their tune and I believe they are even warranted. Even if there is a deductible, 1k or 2k is better than 7200...

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good point. Roush is similar with their tune and I believe they are even warranted. Even if there is a deductible, 1k or 2k is better than 7200...
Forgive my ignorance here but the Livernois package has NO warranty?
Is it substantially cheaper than the Roush package?
Why would you use them if the gains are similar but no warranty?
Heaps cheaper?
(I’m in Australia, no idea what goes on “package wise” in the US sorry)

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Know whats ruining the performance enthusiast side of things here?

Entitled assholes that refuse to

A. Accept the responsibility fot their own doing but instead blame anyone they possibly can.

and

B. Ill just go ahead and say it. Not working with a vendor to resolve any issues is awefully douchy. This goes for everyone not just people who have had issues with LMS. Everyone wants to just jump on a forum and blast the parts vendor, product, or shop.

What a shame.
OP got SC installed.
Car ran like shit day 1.
OP SUSPECTED SOMETHING WASNT RIGHT DAY 1!
Multiple other cars with this setup ran way better.
LMS blew off customer and said run it as is.
Motor blows.
LMS says not our problem?

I think OP has been gracious. Bottom line: LMS might do decent work, but they dont have the character to say: wait a minute, something aint right and its going to require alot of unprofitable hours to track down an issue.

This is human nature, they make more money doing dumb installs then doing painstaking and time intensive chase downs of nuanced problems or issues.

Last edited:

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
If a shop tells me they will build me an 800whp short block for 7200 bucks Id laugh at their faces.
Why is that? That's installed. How much do you think removing/replacing a forged shortblock should cost?
Sponsored