xx

What caused the engine failure?

• Total voters

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
This is why it’s important for guys to have some clue on how read the basic things from a log. Timing, KR, Lambda, fuel trims, etc.

Bald Menace

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Menace
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2 king Cobra
$2200 to partially remove blower? hell isnt a complete blower install labor less than that at most shops?

Crackerjack17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I don't think it's a bad price, but I'm not familiar with what parts they put in that shortblock? And how long? I replaced my shortblock and it took me about a month by myself working on it after work and weekends. It's a lot of work.

Sponsored

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
This is why I will only ever buy Whipple

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
This is why it’s important for guys to have some clue on how read the basic things from a log. Timing, KR, Lambda, fuel trims, etc.
Yup, and the Livernois tuner is about as usefull as a Nintendo GameBoy. Anytime you are boosted you need something to monitor real time, not a flash and throw it in the glovebox tuner. I'm NA and I can tell if I have a bad tank of gas the first time I get into the pedal.

OP - sounds like Livernois turned off CAT protect, cats cooked themselves and caused a restriction and the missfire codes, tech runs it 120 miles beating the shit out of it and cracks the ring from cyldinder temps/pressure being sky high.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
At end of that invoice it says "Special Customer Discount" I have a better wording. "Bend Over and Sorry No Lube" That discount would be deal if you paid that. They should cover your $7000 Has anybody else looked over your tune?

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Yup, and the Livernois tuner is about as usefull as a Nintendo GameBoy. Anytime you are boosted you need something to monitor real time, not a flash and throw it in the glovebox tuner. I'm NA and I can tell if I have a bad tank of gas the first time I get into the pedal.

OP - sounds like Livernois turned off CAT protect, cats cooked themselves and caused a restriction and the missfire codes, tech runs it 120 miles beating the shit out of it and cracks the ring from cyldinder temps/pressure being sky high.
As a FI newbie I would love some tips and tricks from you and the rest of experienced guys.

What monitoring mechanisms should I have?

How to know about bad gas? Signs... etc?

Anything else that’s good to know etc?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
As a FI newbie I would love some tips and tricks from you and the rest of experienced guys.

What monitoring mechanisms should I have?

How to know about bad gas? Signs... etc?

Anything else that’s good to know etc?
The Ngauge is one of the nicer setups. I know guys that use SCT with Palm Beach Dyno but use an Ngauge to monitor parameters.

Sponsored

Ggradtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
At end of that invoice it says "Special Customer Discount" I have a better wording. "Bend Over and Sorry No Lube" That discount would be deal if you paid that. They should cover your $7000 Has anybody else looked over your tune?
I'm probably wrong here, but if it was tuned with the LMS MyCalibrator tool can the "tune" be looked at? Can whats been written to the cars computer be seen?

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I'm probably wrong here, but if it was tuned with the LMS MyCalibrator tool can the "tune" be looked at? Can whats been written to the cars computer be seen?
I had the car back to LMS after the install and they drove it 120 miles and looked at the tune and said it was good except for a random rev limiter issue. It is really weird that several folks had this exact setup with zero issues.

I called other hot rod shops for opinions. They were varied and respectful. It COULD have been bad gas, incorrect ring gap that reared its head when it was boosted. Or, the tune, too.

So far LMS has been open about the issues except the tune. They are certain the tune was not the issue.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I also don't know if this matters, but the car definitely ran rich. When I set the dash to gauge and put up the air fuel ratio, the car never ran lean, especially under heavy throttle.

OP
OP
GreenS550

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
I don't know what looking over the tune means. I don't have a mechanism to datalog.

I agree that IF they caused the issue it should be the discount, not the 7K, but if it was gas or incorrect ring gap, then they are being more than fair.

The tune uses the "mycalibrator" which was made for LMS. It is proprietary I believe.

I have used their tunes on my SHO, Explorer and this Mustang when it was NA. All good. So, sorry, I just don't have that data.
Sponsored