Sponsored

Xpel over matte stripes?

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm facing this dilemma here, most companies have never put anything on matte stripes, and are unsure of how it would look, where the lines meet, custom and a whole lot more $, etc.
If it's done properly you don't see a difference. Just clear PPF the gloss paint, laser cut seam and XPEL stealth the stripes. The fast that the stripes are raised actually helps hide the seam.
Sponsored

derand

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.derand.com
First Name
Derand
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, C8, R8 V10 Gated, Golf R APR, 19 GT350
I'd be in on that in a instant if i was closer. Haven't found anyone around here who doesn't think they're selling film made of gold. Last quote i got was 7300 including tax (whole car.) Kicker is it would be done in 2 days by 1 guy. WTF is that about?
Did you ever got your car done?

Ven0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, 2016 Focus RS, 2013 Raptor
If it's done properly you don't see a difference. Just clear PPF the gloss paint, laser cut seam and XPEL stealth the stripes. The fast that the stripes are raised actually helps hide the seam.
PM me a price, just front end with mirrors and lights, and rear impact areas. Also CQuartz finest or similar on the entire car.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
Ive been googling a bit, but didnt want to open a new thread. I just changed my order (LB w/o OTT and w/o black roof) and added black stripes with white accent.

Im not 100% sold on gloss, but the last shots in the LB thread are just awesome. Mu original thought was to do matte black stripes...

But.. asides from the layering, would there be any issue with Xpel/Suntek over LB + glosstripes (yes - there may be an airseam :D ) and if I really really wanted to or needed it, just add aftermarket matte black stripes on top of the Xpel/Suntek? If I didnt like it, it shouldnt be an issue to remove the top layer matte stripes, and if there ever was an issue, the gloss stripes should still stay on if the Xpel/Suntek were removed...

I know.. probably way overthinking and overcomplicating this.. but im agonizing over every damn decision here. At least (I think :lol::lol::lol::lol: ) LB is a given...

gtaindetail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ive been googling a bit, but didnt want to open a new thread. I just changed my order (LB w/o OTT and w/o black roof) and added black stripes with white accent.

Im not 100% sold on gloss, but the last shots in the LB thread are just awesome. Mu original thought was to do matte black stripes...

But.. asides from the layering, would there be any issue with Xpel/Suntek over LB + glosstripes (yes - there may be an airseam :D ) and if I really really wanted to or needed it, just add aftermarket matte black stripes on top of the Xpel/Suntek? If I didnt like it, it shouldnt be an issue to remove the top layer matte stripes, and if there ever was an issue, the gloss stripes should still stay on if the Xpel/Suntek were removed...

I know.. probably way overthinking and overcomplicating this.. but im agonizing over every damn decision here. At least (I think :lol::lol::lol::lol: ) LB is a given...
That's what I am doing. I ordered the car with no stripes. I am going to 3M Pro Series the front end and a few impact areas then add a satin black stripe just like OEM. A vinyl shop can cut, literally, almost any vinyl design or combo of colors you could ever want.

Sponsored

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Bump, any more input regarding PPF over matte stripes?

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Wont work, it will gloss up the stripe and it will look off as compared to the rest of the car. Just put the stripe over the PPF like I did. Mine is a matte big worm stripe.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
Wont work, it will gloss up the stripe and it will look off as compared to the rest of the car. Just put the stripe over the PPF like I did. Mine is a matte big worm stripe.

But they make matte PPF.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I discussed that with my installer who said it still would look off. Also you will have seams on the hood which I did not want. The whole car including the stripe is treated with Gtechniq which will help prolong the life of the stripe.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=11658]FPCV8YO[/MENTION] It seems you have an R with a matte stripe. I have seen many stock GT 350 stripes including R models and hands down the stock ford stripe look like crap compared to the big worm stripe. You may want to consider removing the stock stripe, putting on your PPF and them laying down a new stripe over the PPF. would look much better imo.

Sponsored

censport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW M3/2011 BMW X5/ 2017 GT350R
that's why i plan on getting no stripes when i order the car, put xpel on the whole car and then do my own stripes on top of the xpel, so i can have matte stripes and not have a bunch of cut lines on the car.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
that's why i plan on getting no stripes when i order the car, put xpel on the whole car and then do my own stripes on top of the xpel, so i can have matte stripes and not have a bunch of cut lines on the car.
Yep, thats what i did

theman1990

1 arm, 4 cars, 0 autos
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech, GT350R
I had mine done all the way in SunTek but I think it's gloss.... Looks good though. Had a buddy with a corvette GS and he had a bikini bra over his front end and the stripes under looked new and the exposed stripes looked 100 years old after just a couple years in the Florida sun.

geb78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
I have a magnetic with matte black stripe. My installer put expel matte over the black stripe and actually cut a small strip of gloss expel to cover the red portion of the stripe that is gloss. He felt it would look off if you carried the gloss over the red stripe and would look raised. The rest of the hood was covered in the pre-cut expel gloss that deletes the stripe area. I was skeptical at first with the seams but he did an amazing job. I had the rear stripe done the same way except no gloss coverage on the rest of the rear body.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I had a suggestion to put Expel Ultimate over the entire hood and then 2 strips of Expel Stealth over it where the 2 matte stripes are. Thoughts? Obviously, it'll be raised.
Sponsored