Sponsored

WTB pre-wrapped or painted steering wheel bezels

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Steering wheel bezels are way too shiny! Just black or smoked would be fine. Not looking to do this myself.

Seems like the steering wheel is the worst offender for glare.

I have an 18 GT wihout PP.

Anybody performing this valuable service?
Sponsored

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Not judging, but youre gonna have to take your old bezels off anyway to put on new ones... so why not just like paint the old bezels when you take them off?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not judging, but youre gonna have to take your old bezels off anyway to put on new ones... so why not just like paint the old bezels when you take them off?
Because he can't paint or wrap himself as well as somebody else can. That's why we're able to have a goods and services market like we do, different skills and value of time or money.

Painting them would require taking the car out of operation for a day (if you do it yourself, 2-3 days somewhere else) to allow them to dry adequately as well, some people have it as their only car (like me).

OP
OP
smoke_wagon_6g

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Because he can't paint or wrap himself as well as somebody else can. That's why we're able to have a goods and services market like we do, different skills and value of time or money.

Painting them would require taking the car out of operation for a day (if you do it yourself, 2-3 days somewhere else) to allow them to dry adequately as well, some people have it as their only car (like me).
You're dead on. I'd probably screw it up and have to stare at it forever. Rather just work some extra hours for the money and then pay some expert. Believe me I've thought about DIY.

Also figured somebody could use a few bucks to do something they already know how to do. Maybe they have the paint or wrap lying around from their last job.

Someone save me I'm reaching for the duct tape! I really hate the reflections. Hah

OP
OP
smoke_wagon_6g

smoke_wagon_6g

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT
Went with the duct tape, but it's pretty duct tape!
Did it with the bezels in place and used a sharp knife and patience. I may try again with the wheel disassembled some day.
B29C9F43-84FF-498B-970F-21FA8488AB94.jpeg
Sponsored