Sponsored

Carbon Fiber Steering Wheel Bezels Installed (w/Pics)

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes the simple installs pay off with a big bang of awesomeness. Today I threw on a set of real carbon fiber steering wheel bezels from CarbonPlug, and they gave a solid injection of “wow factor.” Great quality bits with flawlessly laid fibers, bubble-free gloss, and the alignment was a perfect fit. Highly recommend if in to this sort of flare — photos below:

The Bits:

full.jpg

Before:

full.jpg

After:

full.jpg

Installed in the car:

full.jpg

full.jpg

Hope all is well in your world,

-Mike
Sponsored

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Sometimes the simple installs pay off with a big bang of awesomeness. Today I threw on a set of real carbon fiber steering wheel bezels from CarbonPlug, and they gave a solid injection of “wow factor.” Great quality bits with flawlessly laid fibers, bubble-free gloss, and the alignment was a perfect fit. Highly recommend if in to this sort of flare — photos below:

The Bits:

full.jpg

Before:

full.jpg

After:

full.jpg

Installed in the car:

full.jpg

full.jpg

Hope all is well in your world,

-Mike
Looks clean! Is that gloss or matte finish? I spy the shift knob too - same finish? How does it feel compared to stock.

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks clean! Is that gloss or matte finish? I spy the shift knob too - same finish? How does it feel compared to stock.
Thanks bud. It’s a gloss finish on both accounts. The shift knob is the Ford Racing piece and feels good—it’s just a touch lighter than the stock knob and no heat transfers from the tranny. Had it for three years now and can’t complain.

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
where did you get the steering wheel from?

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
where did you get the steering wheel from?
It’s my OEM wheel reupholstered to BMW M4 width/specs, stitching, and leather quality. Got it done via mail through Royal Steering Wheels in the UK. $205 total once I got the core deposit back (which was fast).

Sponsored

DS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, PP, Recaro Seats, 401A
It’s my OEM wheel reupholstered to BMW M4 width/specs, stitching, and leather quality. Got it done via mail through Royal Steering Wheels in the UK. $205 total once I got the core deposit back (which was fast).
thank you

rancid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
How hard was it to remove the factory silver pieces to install the carbon pieces?

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
How hard was it to remove the factory silver pieces to install the carbon pieces?
Very easy install. It’s just a handful of star-key screws—total swap of the pieces took maybe 10-15 minutes. The steering wheel removal and install didn’t take long either...just be sure to disconnect the battery before starting work.

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Very easy install. It’s just a handful of star-key screws—total swap of the pieces took maybe 10-15 minutes. The steering wheel removal and install didn’t take long either...just be sure to disconnect the battery before starting work.
Why did the steering wheel have to be removed. Couldn’t those parts be swapped with just the airbag removal from the driver seat?

OP
OP
Roadway 5.0

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Why did the steering wheel have to be removed. Couldn’t those parts be swapped with just the airbag removal from the driver seat?
You’re right, the wheel does not have to come off. I opted to loosen the one extra bolt so I could work indoors, and have access to more angles.
Sponsored