Redline steering wheel wrap

Midnight_LMR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
It looks like you hooked up an air compressor to the steering wheel and blew it up to an abortion
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Sponsored

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
More like 3 months. First excuse was SEMA, then they needed another steering wheel because their template wasn't accurate enough for an alcantara wrap, then the holidays, and now they have a backlog. I'm not trying to bash them, but they've repeatedly told me is ready to start production, only for it to slip further behind.

I believe the end result will be fantastic, so it would be foolish to cancel my order now.
Man that sucks. I received my shift boot, center console, and parking brake leather in 2 weeks. You didn't actually send them your wheel did you? or are you planning to DIY

TheDivaDanielle

Living the Dream
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP Vert / 2016 Focus RS
this is how this thread makes me feel.
12039441_1046563128689745_1437094662451920783_n.jpg
images (4).jpg
facepalm-ernie.jpg
homer_facepalm.jpg
12036412_1046563112023080_7024756242209387823_n.jpg
12049551_1046563055356419_8663439340513158100_n.jpg

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Looks homemade bro. The leather is supposed to be tight and smooth, I would be very upset. I don't blame you for trying though, the regular and gt350 wheels are too thin for my taste. Rewrapping a steering wheel is very difficult to do properly. As bad as it looks I'm sure it feels better than stock

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
It is....homemade ....kind of .lol
Only cost me $80 installed so I figured it was worth a shot.:D
I will replace it with the redline wheel I just received and see how that feels on the car.
It did not feel that much thicker than the GT 350 wheel I compared it to, which may end up on the car,but I wanted to explore other options first .I have a GT 350 wheel on the other car and it still feels too thin especially compared to the wheels in my Audi S4 and M235.

I was hoping the Redline wheel would be the same thickness as the bottom part of the GT 350 wheel.I should have ponied up for the Nappa leather(which is what is one those cars) which at least feels so much better.

Sponsored

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
Want to see the redline wheel. I want a GT350 wheel done in all leather with red stitching and a red stripe. So I know I'll have to have it sent out
I will install it on the car but it does not feel much thicker than the top part of the GT 350 wheel .

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Want to see the redline wheel. I want a GT350 wheel done in all leather with red stitching and a red stripe. So I know I'll have to have it sent out
More like 3 months. First excuse was SEMA, then they needed another steering wheel because their template wasn't accurate enough for an alcantara wrap, then the holidays, and now they have a backlog. I'm not trying to bash them, but they've repeatedly told me is ready to start production, only for it to slip further behind.

I believe the end result will be fantastic, so it would be foolish to cancel my order now.
Are you having a GT 350 wheel done ?

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
It is....homemade ....kind of .lol
Only cost me $80 installed so I figured it was worth a shot.:D
I will replace it with the redline wheel I just received and see how that feels on the car.
It did not feel that much thicker than the GT 350 wheel I compared it to, which may end up on the car,but I wanted to explore other options first .I have a GT 350 wheel on the other car and it still feels too thin especially compared to the wheels in my Audi S4 and M235.

I was hoping the Redline wheel would be the same thickness as the bottom part of the GT 350 wheel.I should have ponied up for the Nappa leather(which is what is one those cars) which at least feels so much better.
Nice stable of cars, m235 was a car I strongly considered, loved my 335i. I really miss the tt inline 6, it had torque everywhere

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks man.
Nothing compared to some other stables I have seen on here but I am grateful and feel blessed to have a few.

Wife thinks too many(she has an explorer sport) so I may be looking to consolidate.

I went from a 2007 335(with the N54) to the E90 M3 I kept for 5 years and then "back to" the M235.
The M3 was nice but did not have enough torque.The wail to the 8400 rpm redline was intoxicating but of course that happened too infrequently to make up(I have never been to a road course)
Of course it was a dismal failure(comparatively) the few times I took it to the drag strip.
The steering wheel though was very nice though(to get back on topic).

I drove it through 5 indiana winters on snow tires but decided I had enough after slipping and sliding through the winter of 2013(to be fair the tires were probably worn past effective use) so I traded it for the S4.
I Started missing a BMW so test-drove an M4 and M235 and was sold on the latter mostly because of the size of the car.It is not much lighter than the M3 despite its more compact appearance but sure feels a lot smaller.
I have a JB4/DP/ER intake and MP exhaust. As you know the N54/55 has a lot of torque every where stock but now it is just crazy.It makes 406 rwhp and 470 lb/ft torque(from 1500 rpm)through the 8 speed ZF auto and has been 11.9@114 in the 1/4 .
Its a very nice street car but the interior is lacking though even compared to the premium mustang except for the steering wheel(see back on topic).I think I am bored with the auto so thinking of trading it for the M2 but also thinking of streamlining-trading it and selling my 2012 with built MMR boss long block/builtautoswap/snake bite TVS car so I can get in to a GT350 cause GT350>> M2 in my opinion. I love boost but willing to try NA again if the GT350 feels like the M3 on steroids!
decisions decisions. lol

Anyway to get back on topic -pictures below comparing the GT 350 wheel/Redline wheel with the M235 wheel-neither comes close in terms of "fatness".lol. Take that!.for all you haters of my "home made wheel"

redline:

GT 350:

I had previously compared the the GT350 wheel to the S4 bottom wheel.-which is a "true" flat bottom.
In case you missed it.

And since I am being a picture whore and it is MY thread,before(with her sisters) after stripe/APR spliite pictures of Hellion car .This one is a keeper!

IMG_1821_zpsi4qcnlzf.jpg

image_zpsxtk27q1g.jpg

Winter is time for appearance mods since no racing for months to "test" any go faster mods.

The end.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Are you having a GT 350 wheel done ?
Nope, just the regular wheel.

Man that sucks. I received my shift boot, center console, and parking brake leather in 2 weeks. You didn't actually send them your wheel did you? or are you planning to DIY
Well, I bought a second steering wheel so I can send it to them to wrap so that I won't have any down time. But you buy the leather wrap, they send that wrap to you, and then you send the wrap and wheel to the installer. You prepay for installation.

And yea, there's no way I'm gonna diy.

I want to order the other stuff they're offering for the mustang, but I'm not going to until they can deliver the steering wheel.

OP
OP
olaosunt

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went ahead and installed the Redline wheel-Replaced the "fat wheel".

The pictures are decptive and it may look thicker than it actualy is

especially the last one.

I though it was only slightly thicker(if at all) compared to the stock

wheel before installing( I no longer have one to compare).

I drove the car after driving the other car that has a GT350 wheel and it

definitely feels thicker than the top part of that wheel(GT350).It also

seems to have more "heft" to it.

Would I do it again if I knew it would only be slightly thicker?

Proabably not. But If I did not ,I would always wonder if there was a

better option than the GT350 wheel,which is nice(the best option/and

cheaper) but would have been nicer if only it was beefier all round.

Sponsored