Wrench/CEL Question

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
After reading through a few threads, and seeing different answers to some and no replies to others yet, was curious if anyone has had a wrench light and CEL come on while driving. A10 transmission, only mods are JLT and Palm Beach Dyno tune for 93 and a Catback exhaust. Was cruising about 55 mph then lights came on and the car started driving as if it was in limp mode. Took to nearest dealer since they were only 5 minutes away and won’t get any kind of update until atleast Monday. Curious what everyone’s experience has been with these particular lights and issues. Haven’t had a chance to check codes before taking it to dealer.
Sponsored

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
It could be a number of things. Sadly the dealership is likely going to tell you its the intake and tune. Hope not though.

I had this randomly happen on my old 18 A10 and after a restart it never happened again.

I've had this happen on my current 18 mt-82 and it was the throttle body starting to go out and the second time it ended up being a wheel bearing throwing the abs into wacky mode.

Good luck and keep us posted on what they say.

OP
OP

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
It could be a number of things. Sadly the dealership is likely going to tell you its the intake and tune. Hope not though.

I had this randomly happen on my old 18 A10 and after a restart it never happened again.

I've had this happen on my current 18 mt-82 and it was the throttle body starting to go out and the second time it ended up being a wheel bearing throwing the abs into wacky mode.

Good luck and keep us posted on what they say.
Yeah I fully expect them to blame the tune and pay out of pocket. I did stop and turn the car off and turn it back on before getting to the dealer but the lights still were on. Engine sounded normal idling and no fluids were leaking. Oil looked fine. 99% sure it’s gonna be transmission related but who knows. And for sure I will definitely update when I find out more, thank you!

OP
OP

Hudb26

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
To give an update, checked the codes the day after the wrench light and CEL came on, P061A (Internal Control Module Torque Performance), P27B6 (Unknown but seems to be related to Transmission update TSB), and P0600 (Serial Communication Link). P061A and P27B6 were still active but wrench light was gone. Dealer hasn’t inspected yet but went by today to disconnect nGauge so they can communicate with the car and started it up. No CEL and all 3 codes thrown were inactive. Will be waiting to hear back from dealer tomorrow after they do their inspection. Hopefully just an update to the transmission software is in my future.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
99% of the time p061a is tune related
Sponsored