Sponsored

Would YOU spend $80,000.00 on a Shelby with FORD stock crashing?

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Ford makes an $80k mustang?
Not yet.. (gt500 cough) but people pay that.. we have a R sitting here they want 90k for. My friend is a salesman there and he said it will sell, probably around 80k. its vegas and people spend it. Gaudin ford sold a r for 125k not long ago just because it was the "last one of 2017". same as the people that paid 50k+ for a focus when the RS came out.

Now i wonder what these people think that still owe over MSRP on their gt350's because they paid 10-20-30k ADM. Ive been lucky buying cars, my pops tough me long time ago never pay more then MSRP OTD for a car. if this dealership wont do it, that dealership will. i got my 2018 GT for 39 with a MSRP of 50.. but that was because of memorial day sale and incentives more then negotiation

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Not yet.. (gt500 cough) but people pay that.. we have a R sitting here they want 90k for. My friend is a salesman there and he said it will sell, probably around 80k. its vegas and people spend it. Gaudin ford sold a r for 125k not long ago just because it was the "last one of 2017". same as the people that paid 50k+ for a focus when the RS came out.

Now i wonder what these people think that still owe over MSRP on their gt350's because they paid 10-20-30k ADM. Ive been lucky buying cars, my pops tough me long time ago never pay more then MSRP OTD for a car. if this dealership wont do it, that dealership will. i got my 2018 GT for 39 with a MSRP of 50.. but that was because of memorial day sale and incentives more then negotiation
It's my understanding that you can't finance ADM. So most people who pay it pull it out of pocket.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
It's my understanding that you can't finance ADM. So most people who pay it pull it out of pocket.
wonder if different states have different laws? i dont know anyone in the mustang world that has a gt350 or paid adm, but i just came from the ST/RS scene and know 2 that financed their ADM. both stellar credit.. both were required GAP, but i believe gap only pays a certain percentage over value. but one of the guys in the club financed 62k for his RS was the first in vegas to get it. last i talked to him he still owed 49k on it. but its been about a year. he got tired of all the ribbing and doesnt have much to do with the vegas st club any more. BUT i can see what you are saying, why would ford financing or any financial company wanna loan out 80-90-100k on a 65k car

Sponsored

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
You can it is just most banks won't approve much of it over the MSRP. And if they do it is usually at a higher rate.

Edit: It is really no different than a negative equity situation. Banks will finance a percentage over MSRP for whatever reason based on their own policies and the individuals credit etc.

Last edited:

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Ford is a public company so anyone can take a look at their financials. On a year over year basis, Ford has higher revenues each year for the last 4 years. Ford also had the highest net income last year out of the prior 4 years. Yes, the last quarter was a bit challenging due to tariffs, China, and Europe but there are a lot of smart people at Ford. That said, the market looks forward, not backward. The stock price reflects what people think is going to happen though nobody has a crystal ball. I do seriously question the decision to largely exit the passenger car market. Did the people at Ford already forget the last financial crisis when everyone was selling their big SUV and buying smaller cars? Did Ford forget what happened last time fuel prices were very high and Ford was unable to give away their large SUV and trucks? Markets are cyclical and cars will come back into favor. Getting out of the car market is extremely short sited and they will likely want to get back into it about the time they finally get out of it. I guess Ford forgot about simple concepts like diversification. If anything seriously hurts Ford, I'm going to guess that decision is going to come back and haunt them for many years.

That said, I don't think that should have any impact on the decision to buy a GT350. I'm glad I did.

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Yeah, that Le Mans win would certainly indicate the engine isn't up to snuff. :-/
Certainly interesting how some people come up with some of these interesting comments and revelations.

That same thinking probably transcends into the bad decision making for the FPC engines that Ford produced for our GT350/R's over the last 3 to 4 years.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Ecoboost is killing Ford. Very questionable decisions with engine choice in new Raptor and Ford GT.
I disagree. If anything is going to kill them it is bad quality control and very spotty reliability. Along with a crumbling/again very spotty dealer network that has poor customer service from sales to service. When dealers service departments have such a hard time just getting an oil change correct on one of their premier products such as the GT350, they have some real problems.

I was at my dealers Quicklane with my F150 because I got a few free oil changes with the purchase of the truck. As I’m sitting there a brand new Platinum F150 comes pulling in and the owner is obviously pissed. They put double the amount of oil in the truck. They hadn’t gotten to mine yet and I got up and left. It wasn’t worth the “free” oil change. This is the stuff that kills companies.

Ford has gone through problems in the past and to be honest I don’t know shit about the markets etc. I’m not saying this is the end of Ford, but in an ever competitive industry they are going the wrong way IMO and are not taking the above problems nearly as seriously as they should be. Everything comes to an end. GM should have because of essentially the same issues here........

Oh yeah, the Ecoboost line is actually helping Ford as they have been very popular with consumers.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
I disagree. If anything is going to kill them it is bad quality control and very spotty reliability. Along with a crumbling/again very spotty dealer network that has poor customer service from sales to service. When dealers service departments have such a hard time just getting an oil change correct on one of their premier products such as the GT350, they have some real problems.

I was at my dealers Quicklane with my F150 because I got a few free oil changes with the purchase of the truck. As I’m sitting there a brand new Platinum F150 comes pulling in and the owner is obviously pissed. They put double the amount of oil in the truck. They hadn’t gotten to mine yet and I got up and left. It wasn’t worth the “free” oil change. This is the stuff that kills companies.

Ford has gone through problems in the past and to be honest I don’t know shit about the markets etc. I’m not saying this is the end of Ford, but in an ever competitive industry they are going the wrong way IMO and are not taking the above problems nearly as seriously as they should be. Everything comes to an end. GM should have because of essentially the same issues here........

Oh yeah, the Ecoboost line is actually helping Ford as they have been very popular with consumers.
Excellent post. If anyone representing ford browses this board print this post out and hand it out to everyone at corporate. Your shit dealers got me into a Toyota last year after 3 fords

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Excellent post. If anyone representing ford browses this board print this post out and hand it out to everyone at corporate.

Your shit dealers got me into a Toyota last year after 3 fords

I bought my first Lexus, an inexpensive GS350 sedan. Lexus service is outstanding.

My dealer will pick up and drop off my car at my home for service at No extra charge (even an Oil change). If you drop off your car at the dealer they will either give you a Loaner or drive you to your job (within reason).

Toyota/Lexus makes the best cars and service is outstanding. I've had zero issues in 3 years.

Honda is good also. I had an old Honda Accord and the wheels started to flake after it was Out of the basic warranty (4th year). They replaced the wheels ($1,400) and asked me if I was willing to pay for the install, $150.00 (cheap). I was amazed.

I had a Dodge pickup that was a POS. Although Dodge always covered the work under warranty, service was lacking. They acted like they were doing me a favor. :punch:

My GM dealer treats me like I'm just another customer, even though I spent over $80,000.00 on my C7 Z06 and several other vehicles. Spent about $200,000.00 on cars over a ten year period and received no special treatment. Yet they wonder why customers are not loyal. :shock:
Sponsored