Would you buy a CFTP without CF wheels?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Yep, he mentioned someone had called this morning to. He asked me about the cost of the wheels. He said he thought they were around 10k. I informed him that’s not correct, and was more in the range of 15-17k. He didn’t question that. He asked if I was serious and told him yes but didn’t think they’d accept where it should be. Told him 85-87k tops. He did check with his sales manager and that’s when he said it actually had just been taken to auction. I told him to reach back out if it doesn’t sell. Also told him I’d watch the auction as well. I don’t think they actually knew what they were buying and strictly went off the vin. Ironic part, I bought a toyhauler from them several years ago for a great price. There rv side.

They called you back and said they just sent it to auction today? This morning he told me it was available and sitting on their showroom floor.

They are a Dodge/Chrysler dealer, so I am not surprised that they know nothing about the used car they bought at auction for a “great price” and think it is funny they have not sold it when it is missing $15K wheels…
Sponsored

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I have a set laying around. They were repaired. I'll let a set go for 9k. You might not like the look of one of the rears (that one was repaired by spyder composites) but it was repaired to withstand track use. The rest of the wheels look nice.

I also have a set of CFHP wheels (black painted by Ford) for the CFHP. I'd want 12k for those. They are brand new never used.

So that should give you an idea what the extra cost will be if you want to buy a car with aluminum wheels when it should come with carbon fiber.

What moron sells his CF wheels in favor of aluminum?
Probably not a moron at all. Willing to bet, like me, he has two sets of wheels. I have my aftermarket wheels with summer only tires and my factory PP set for my GT. He probably knows he can get a good amount for the car and still sell the wheels separately and make more.

That being said, I'm wouldn't be paying over non cftp value without them but I know someone would.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Seems there is an obverse situation with a '21 near me at the local collector car emporium, a friend pinged me about it since he knows I'm still interested in one. I go on their site, see the price, and immediately get excited. Then I look at the pics and see the wheels and the swing and realize it's a base car....listed for $106K.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Probably not a moron at all. Willing to bet, like me, he has two sets of wheels. I have my aftermarket wheels with summer only tires and my factory PP set for my GT. He probably knows he can get a good amount for the car and still sell the wheels separately and make more.

That being said, I'm wouldn't be paying over non cftp value without them but I know someone would.
I have many sets of wheels, aluminum and carbon. You, like me, still have the original wheels. The owner of this car in question parted with them. I see this all the time. People get duped into thinking that the aluminum wheels are better for this and that. Then they look over at the corner of their garage and see the carbon as a big pile of money. The wheels get sold. It happens all the time.

vaeevictiss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well hopefully he got what they were worth at least lol.

Dunno why you'd even get the cftp in the first place.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TxGT350-52

TxGT350-52

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot, 2021 Diesel Tremor CG
Seems there is an obverse situation with a '21 near me at the local collector car emporium, a friend pinged me about it since he knows I'm still interested in one. I go on their site, see the price, and immediately get excited. Then I look at the pics and see the wheels and the swing and realize it's a base car....listed for $106K.
There are many base GT500s listed for CFTP prices on Autotrader, cars.com, etc. There are very few listed at base car prices, and if they are, they have accidents reported or 10s of thousands of miles.

Even base cars with issues are asking original MSRP for a 3 year old car, so I guess you can say they have held their value, unless they paid a lot of ADM.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
The wholesale market has dropped significantly but retail has remained steady. Dealers are still asking higher than usual prices which gives the incentive to regular folks to flip there for similar prices. Now that the new car market is in a better position than a year ago you’ll start seeing the retail market for used cars start to wither. If you want a GT500, wait a few more months.
Sponsored