OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks all for your help, glovebox is finally looking & functioning as it should! :clap2: There was just a little catch on the side that had not been pushed in properly when they replaced it. For those that are getting theirs replaced, make sure when you get it back that it opens as it should as well as being straight!

Sponsored

MC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red GT Fastback, due sometime in October
Thanks all for your help, glovebox is finally looking & functioning as it should! :clap2: There was just a little catch on the side that had not been pushed in properly when they replaced it. For those that are getting theirs replaced, make sure when you get it back that it opens as it should as well as being straight!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay. About bloody time :cheers:.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
easy fix

How did you go with the dealer? My new glovebox has arrived & is being installed next week...
hi missb and others with this problem. i had the exact same gap, took it to my dealer in Auckland and they did a 5 min fix. apparently there was something that wasn't pushed in from the factory. they did NOT have to remove or replace anything. just a heads up. tom

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
hi missb and others with this problem. i had the exact same gap, took it to my dealer in Auckland and they did a 5 min fix. apparently there was something that wasn't pushed in from the factory. they did NOT have to remove or replace anything. just a heads up. tom
Would you be able to get the details of that? Mine is wonky too

ShadowMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Ford Mustang Fastback
Took delivery of my Shadow Black EB in March 2016 - no problem with alignment of the glove box which has the slow open motion. No panel misalignments or paint issues. My car was one of the early builds and I have not had the quality build issues I have seen reported in mustang6g.com. My only problem has been the pony puddle light where the pony projected from drivers side rear view mirror morphed from a pony into an appaloosa with spots, then into a deform draught horse, then into a wombat shape. Has now been fixed under warranty and is projecting the pony sharp and clear.

Sponsored

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Would you be able to get the details of that? Mine is wonky too
hi matt, i talked with the service department today. they told me they removed my glovebox and refit it properly. didn't take them long so must not have been a big job. tom

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Took delivery of my Shadow Black EB in March 2016 - no problem with alignment of the glove box which has the slow open motion. No panel misalignments or paint issues. My car was one of the early builds and I have not had the quality build issues I have seen reported in mustang6g.com. My only problem has been the pony puddle light where the pony projected from drivers side rear view mirror morphed from a pony into an appaloosa with spots, then into a deform draught horse, then into a wombat shape. Has now been fixed under warranty and is projecting the pony sharp and clear.[/QUOTE

wonky glovebox stream

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
hi matt, i talked with the service department today. they told me they removed my glovebox and refit it properly. didn't take them long so must not have been a big job. tom
Awesome, thanks Tom. I wondered if it was something I could do, but will just take it to the dealer. Cheers

Thisisdan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
So this drove me crazy but I fixed it.
Remove size chrome dash panel. Remove large chrome dash panel with aircon vents in it. Remove top 2 screws from glove box. Yank it down to pop all the retainer clips out from the top and sides. With the glove box closed, yet hanging down out of the dash, you'll see it now lines up.
Push the glovebox latch side back in first so all the clips lock in, then push the other side in to lock those clips in. It should stay straight.

2015aussiestang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Hi guys like everyone else this misaligned glovebox has driven me mad for 3 yrs now

I finally had enough after being quoted 650 from a ford dealership saying it needed to be replaced. So I started to remove the glovebox tonight and found the fix was really simple

Firstly remove the slow release mechanism on the left side..(its a plastic lever that clips up and out ) then squeeze both sides of the inner glove box walls and the unit will drop down

What I discovered is there is a mounting clip on the right side under glovebox button that was not clipped in ... two shacks with the palm of my hand and it clipped into place. I put the glovebox back into place and it's now perfectly aligned (mine looked like the earlier photos in the thread)

My biggest issue is that the dealership either had no idea , didnt look at it properly or just wanted to rip me off !

Cant believe I out up with it for 3 years in what was a 20 min fix including figuring it out

Hope the info helps
Sponsored