OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Mustang EcoBoost
Will give the dealer a call on Monday and see how I go! So far it's the only fault vie found with the car. Fingers crossed it stays that way! If this is the biggest thing I find I'll be happy.
How did you go with the dealer? My new glovebox has arrived & is being installed next week...
Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
How did you go with the dealer? My new glovebox has arrived & is being installed next week...
They sort of just said to report any issues I have at the 3K service.. Kind of tempted to get into them now to order one to be ready for that service though. Rather than them see it at the service and then go, oh yeh we need to order one to fix this.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
They sort of just said to report any issues I have at the 3K service.. Kind of tempted to get into them now to order one to be ready for that service though. Rather than them see it at the service and then go, oh yeh we need to order one to fix this.
You could always just pop in and demand they see it and order a new one.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
My Ecoboost has a wonky glovebox, that is, when closed there is a noticeably larger gap at the top on one side than there is on the other. Dealer said they will fix it & ordered a whole new glovebox. Rang today to book it in & they tell me they have to pull the whole dash apart to replace it...which scares me as this usually causes other problems...and in this case my car will be a guinea pig as they have not done it before on any Mustangs... Ford won't tell me if it is necessary to remove the whole dash & this doesn't seem to be a common problem, does anyone know if it is really necessary? Salesman implied it should just click out... :([/QUOT

I've got the same problem. gonna take it in for the 3k check up. tom

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
Got my car yesterday and have noticed that mine isn't completely inline either. Not quite as bad as yours and I probably wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't seen your post, but now I can't un-see it. Are any of them perfectly aligned? Worth asking the dealer to fix it up? The OCD in me wants that line in the button to match the line in the glovebox and the same gap across the top.

exactly same as mine. tom

Sponsored

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
I've got the same problem. gonna take it in for the 3k check up. tom[/QUOTE]

Good luck :) will be interesting to hear if their solution is the same...

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Mine has it as well

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Check List

Has anyone prepared a check-list of things to look for when taking delivery for Aus Mustang's?

If not, I'll be happy to start a new thread and build it. Thoughts?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Glovebox has been replaced by dealer so now have a straight glovebox!:clap2: But it does seem to open with an almighty crash & bounce once it's fully open, there's no slow let down...is this normal? I've forgotten what the wonky one did!
IMG_3172.jpg

Sponsored

mickeyg1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT Convertible delivered 19 July 2016
Picked mine up last Tuesday (19th), it was shipmates on the Carmen with msweet and has the same issue.
It also has some minor paint issues that the dealer actually picked up, TBH I wouldn't have noticed it under artificial light unless he'd pointed them out.

SO I need to book it in to have the paint fixed, might mention the glovebox too. Sounds like it isn't that uncommon :(

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Glovebox has been replaced by dealer so now have a straight glovebox!:clap2: But it does seem to open with an almighty crash & bounce once it's fully open, there's no slow let down...is this normal? I've forgotten what the wonky one did!
Sorry if you mentioned it elsewhere, but how did they replace it? Did they have to pull the dash apart?

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
uhh

IIRC, mine is a soft open i.e. doesn't crash.

It's not in my immediate location to check, but fairly certain it's a slow let down.

OP
OP

missb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kylie
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if you mentioned it elsewhere, but how did they replace it? Did they have to pull the dash apart?
I believe they just removed the chrome sections above & to the left side of the glovebox & then the glovebox comes out...

tantash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anne
Vehicle(s)
2015/16 Mustang GT V8 convertible
Uh oh! Back it goes then to fix it properly
Sponsored