Wireless charging kit

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I found this wireless phone charger tray and was wondering if anyone here already tried it out, and if so is it any good? Or any other similar product? I found one on americanmuscle but it goes in the center console, and I'd rather have it in front of the shifter.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001451229349.html

Hfd9d5b6a858444118b0c63079a3c807dK.jpg

Hf4336957337e4d89a2d01a42525f57129.jpg
Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
There have been a couple of threads about them lately. I personally wouldn't want that. Instead I have a porclip mount with an iote wireless holder. It keeps that tray empty, which I prefer.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I dig it myself. I have the 3D molded printed one mount at moment but if someone eventually comes up with a wireless carplay adapter I’d totally use this. Toss the adapter in the arm rest.
I have wireless carplay in other car and I adore it.

so this would be awesome withit.

the charger turns off when the car is powered off right? I assume the 12v lighter outlet isn’t active always

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Wish Apple or hope apple is working on an adapter but I doubt it

Manufacturers are simply installing wireless units now from factory

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I guess if you’re not using Android Auto or CarPlay it would work. But why bother since you still need to plug it in to the cigarette lighter. Plugging in the USB cord is just as easy. Also that plug doesn't look very substantial so overall I’d take a pass on this one.

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Wish Apple or hope apple is working on an adapter but I doubt it

Manufacturers are simply installing wireless units now from factory
There are a ton of third party wireless CarPlay adapters available.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They are all the same exact chip but different skins

what I read wassome code from Apple leaked and that’s what was ised

basically a failure in general. Buggy and such

if apple made official it’d be amazing

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
There is only one product worth considering. Some like it, some don’t. It has been shown to be buggy and inconsistent in our cars.

https://cplay2air.com/products/cpla...jIjp3MwW3f3AmTEM-JO8feYrH1qSuf3BoCbcYQAvD_BwE

I like wireless technology and use it. I just don’t understand it in our cars. One short cord plugged into either USB and your done. All these adaptors seem like a waste of money. Just MHO.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have an iPhone SE, the original. so I dont have wireless charging yet, but I do want the iPhone 12 mini, and after owning Wireless CarPlay in my other car, its so nice for small trips, I only charge it when battery is low in that car. mustang, its every time.

biggest plus is by time I even start rolling, car is already connected playing music. vs me plugging in, letting it load (not long) but just blah.

Part of me really thinks apple would be developing an attachment, but at same time I dont think so because that encourages manufacturers to buy the licensing to install from factory wireless/CarPlay here on out.

Once someone is able to develop a fully functioning perfect dongle, I will be game, regardless of price. could be $500, id buy it if it had the solid warranty with it. I love Wireless CarPlay that much,

pair it with a nice wireless charger like OP and I would be sold today

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
They are all the same exact chip but different skins

what I read wassome code from Apple leaked and that’s what was ised

basically a failure in general. Buggy and such

if apple made official it’d be amazing
The initial setup can be difficult if you’re not tech savy, but after that the only issues that seem to occur are sometimes after a major iOS version update (ie: v13.x to 14.x) you’ll need to update the firmware for your adapter due to new permissions and what-not, and sometimes it takes a few days for said new firmware to be available.
Apple making their own adapter is unlikely as each infotainment software from each manufacturer seems to need its own compatibility for the adapter - this is ultimately R&D that Apple wouldn’t make back in profit.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The initial setup can be difficult if you’re not tech savy, but after that the only issues that seem to occur are sometimes after a major iOS version update (ie: v13.x to 14.x) you’ll need to update the firmware for your adapter due to new permissions and what-not, and sometimes it takes a few days for said new firmware to be available.
Apple making their own adapter is unlikely as each infotainment software from each manufacturer seems to need its own compatibility for the adapter - this is ultimately R&D that Apple wouldn’t make back in profit.
yeah I agree, im set for now I have that little 3d printed car mount stand for my SE, and I am getting the mini 12 one day, it'll also fit just fine on the dock. but one day I have hope something works when I want to dabble with the charging.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I like this wireless charging pad idea, I just wish they could make one that looked a bit more OEM and high quality. I don’t like using CarPlay, so I have to make sure to keep it turned off every time I want to charge my phone

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
id probably put some a piece of vinyl to cover up numbers, or maybe a smoked square. those numbers are tedious id rather have none. id toss smoked vinyl over the long blue strip definitely
Sponsored