OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Is the main advantage to this just being able to control it through the factory controls? I’ve gotten so use to Siruis I’m out of the loop.
You are able to use your phone through the Sync touch screen. You basically have your phone on the car’s Sync screen using the Sync touch screen to access your phones apps and features. With the audio going through the car’s speakers.
For example, if you are using Google Maps, the map and route will be on the Sync screen just like it is on your phone.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Gotcha. Thanks. I could see where it would really benefit many.

You are able to use your phone through the Sync touch screen. You basically have your phone on the car’s Sync screen using the Sync touch screen to access your phones apps and features. With the audio going through the car’s speakers.
For example, if you are using Google Maps, the map and route will be on the Sync screen just like it is on your phone.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Is the main advantage to this just being able to control it through the factory controls? I’ve gotten so use to Siruis I’m out of the loop.
It does the same thing as if you plugged it in with a USB cord just slightly slower. If you don’t want to use a cord then this works, personally I don’t mind using my cord as I like keeping my phone charged while I use Waze or maps.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it required that it talks to you upon connection?
No, that’s just my sense of humour and a Siri automation :like:

She says other things to me when the battery needs charging and when I plug it in to charge - which can be amusing if I’m in the office at the time she chooses to speak … :giggle:

WD :like:

Sponsored

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
Works great! Just installed mine, and noticed it's now on a Lightning deal on prime for $72. Going to get another for the wife.

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
If you’re connected to the CarPlay wirelessly but need to plug the phone in to charge the battery, what does it do? Does it swap connections, no impact, what?

And geeezzz there’s a lot of options on Amazon. Which one are all you guys getting? The one in the pop up add in this very thread, LOL.

IndyRN

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang PP1 Premium
OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you’re connected to the CarPlay wirelessly but need to plug the phone in to charge the battery, what does it do? Does it swap connections, no impact, what?

And geeezzz there’s a lot of options on Amazon. Which one are all you guys getting? The one in the pop up add in this very thread, LOL.
It didn't skip a beat when I plugged the phone in. This is the one I got.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B08P1GWQDB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Same one. So far it has worked perfectly. Aside from me letting it get way too hot.

OP
OP
Houston Kid

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mines mounted like this :

1662880633299.jpeg

1662880316569.jpeg

Judge for yourself :like:

I think they are great and can’t understand why it’s not built in as standard … ?

WD :like:
Thanks for the clean look mounting idea. My cord is a tad longer though. I think it's genetics. LOL

CarPlay.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: