Wiper Blades

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
What happened to the good ol Trico Exact fits with multiple spring arms that used to work extremely well? The car comes with these beam type blades and the only replacement at the auto parts store were all beam types. Also had to get OE so they mount properly? Why did they make wiper blades so crappy and slightly confusing now? I hate beam type blades, they simply don't work as well as the multiple spring arm type. And the Bosch ultra extra type X rain obliterator BAMF XL 9000 blades I got come with a little UV absorbing patch to tell you when they need to be replaced...like I wont know by the skipping, squeaking, and still rain covered windshield? Mostly venting here but I feel like something was "fixed" that wasn't broken and now it's worse off.
Sponsored

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
Rain? What is that.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6

Jimmy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 6MT
I put rain-x on my windshield, also make sure to clean the blades when I wash my car, and I have no problem with the wipers on this car or my previous cars.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I hate beam type blades, they simply don't work as well as the multiple spring arm type.
I beg to differ. I used to hate the multiple spring arm type in the winter, when even the tiniest trace of snow or ice on any of its joints would cause it not to stay in contact with the windshield anymore. It was a real pain to clean them, and no matter how hard I tried I was never able to do it perfectly.
The beam type, on the other hand, I just brush them a bit and I'm good to go.

I do agree with you on that UV-sensitive spot. That's just a product of the let's-make-everything-idiot-proof-at-all-costs world we live in.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I beg to differ. I used to hate the multiple spring arm type in the winter, when even the tiniest trace of snow or ice on any of its joints would cause it not to stay in contact with the windshield anymore. It was a real pain to clean them, and no matter how hard I tried I was never able to do it perfectly.
The beam type, on the other hand, I just brush them a bit and I'm good to go.

I do agree with you on that UV-sensitive spot. That's just a product of the let's-make-everything-idiot-proof-at-all-costs world we live in.
I bought these wipers 2 days ago and they're already noisy. They work yes, but the noise is just stupid to me when the older tech was silent till they wore out/needed to be cleaned. I very much hate the sound and more so because it's already been figured out how to not have it. They cost more and work sub par.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I put rain-x on my windshield, also make sure to clean the blades when I wash my car, and I have no problem with the wipers on this car or my previous cars.
I need to get back on this for sure! I remember not even needing wipers with rain-x and daily windshield cleaning.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I bought these wipers 2 days ago and they're already noisy. They work yes, but the noise is just stupid to me when the older tech was silent till they wore out/needed to be cleaned. I very much hate the sound and more so because it's already been figured out how to not have it. They cost more and work sub par.
I think this has more to do with the quality of those particular wipers than with them being of one type or the other. I've had exclusively beam wipers for almost ten years in three vehicles, and they were absolutely fine - no noises, no scratches, no nothing.
In my Mustang though, the left blade has been a bit noisy right from day one. I've been planning to replace it, but since it seems to work just fine apart from the noise, I keep procrastinating. :blush:

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I think this has more to do with the quality of those particular wipers than with them being of one type or the other. I've had exclusively beam wipers for almost ten years in three vehicles, and they were absolutely fine - no noises, no scratches, no nothing.
In my Mustang though, the left blade has been a bit noisy right from day one. I've been planning to replace it, but since it seems to work just fine apart from the noise, I keep procrastinating. :blush:
I'm opposite, last 10 years were the other style that worked flawlessly. The ones that came with the car were also terrible since the first rain. Also procrastinated lol. New ones are still noisy but a little less so.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
So far, ALL OEM wiper blades have worked fine on my vehicles, so I just stick with OEM if I need to replace them. But I rarely keep my vehicles long enough for that, it seems, since I've only had to replace wiper blades a couple of times. They last a long time here in the desert.

Sponsored

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
I have found the biggest problem is the rubber. I have always used PIAA Si-Tech blades. I think you will notice a big difference using silicone.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
What happened to the good ol Trico Exact fits with multiple spring arms that used to work extremely well? The car comes with these beam type blades and the only replacement at the auto parts store were all beam types. Also had to get OE so they mount properly? Why did they make wiper blades so crappy and slightly confusing now? I hate beam type blades, they simply don't work as well as the multiple spring arm type. And the Bosch ultra extra type X rain obliterator BAMF XL 9000 blades I got come with a little UV absorbing patch to tell you when they need to be replaced...like I wont know by the skipping, squeaking, and still rain covered windshield? Mostly venting here but I feel like something was "fixed" that wasn't broken and now it's worse off.
You don't know about just replacing the rubber blade ?
Buy that problem solved

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I used the Trico this last time and was not impressed. So far the OEM or Rain-X brand has worked the best IMO.

OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
OP
OP
Sivi70980

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I used the Trico this last time and was not impressed. So far the OEM or Rain-X brand has worked the best IMO.
Trico now seems to use the beam style too, was that the one you tried too? Seems all the companies moved to the beam type in the last few years?
Sponsored