Sponsored

Winter tires

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
Oh, but you're not getting wheels, then. Ok; I guess that would explain the difference. I priced out a set of Pirelli Winter Sottozero's at 255/40R19 for $1050 plus tax, but then four 19x8.5 wheels to put them on would run another $1300 or so, plus mounting.
Don't forget the tire pressure monitor sensors and the little do hickey you need so your car will recognize them. :tsk: Still, a full set of winter tires and wheels is a lot more convenient than hauling four tires to a store twice a year and paying to have them mounted and balanced each time. Plus, you can switch back to the summer tires at a whim if you happen to get a nice day in the late fall or early spring. :headbang:
Sponsored

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah I don't see the point in getting different wheels when I can find tires that fit and I'm gonna buy aftermarket ones anyway. If that's how you wanna go though that's up to you.
Well, you have somebody who can mount / dismount tires on wheels for you for free. If I have winter tires on their own wheels, I can change those out myself, but I can't really pull summer tires off a wheel and put winter tires on it in my living room...

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Don't forget the tire pressure monitor sensors and the little do hickey you need so your car will recognize them. :tsk: Still, a full set of winter tires and wheels is a lot more convenient than hauling four tires to a store twice a year and paying to have them mounted and balanced each time. Plus, you can switch back to the summer tires at a whim if you happen to get a nice day in the late fall or early spring. :headbang:
They are the same size tire, I dont need to do anything but change the tires.

SLVRBACK

Tuna on white, no crust
Threads
Reaction score
Well, you have somebody who can mount / dismount tires on wheels for you for free. If I have winter tires on their own wheels, I can change those out myself, but I can't really pull summer tires off a wheel and put winter tires on it in my living room...
Even if it wasnt free, it would only be about 200 dollars. I rather pay that than 1K+ for a whole set of wheels too.

And your tires+wheels probably wont come mounted and balanced together, so youll still have to pay. But hey, I cant force you to spend less money.

TungstenGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Fastback, Manual, PP, DIB
They are the same size tire, I dont need to do anything but change the tires.
Yeah, I got that. My comment was in response to Jimmy's, who said he is getting new tires AND wheels.

Sponsored

Waylap1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Does anyone know for sure if the 2014 wheel bolt pattern and offset, like those listed on tirerack dot come will fit the 2015? The 2014 lists 5-114 and an offset between 38 and 45

OP
OP

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium

FiveLiterDreamer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I made it through the past winter in Michigan (the worst we've had in recorded history) in a V6 mustang with stock tires. Never was stuck never really had much of a problem. Considering snow tires for the GT but likely will stick with the stock

Will89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Mustang Bullitt
New winter tires indeed carry a hefty price tag. Have anyone here tried to buy used? What was the performance? Have you noticed any differences between used and new? I want to buy a set of Goodyear ultra winter, used. But I'm not sure if it is a good idea. I have a friend who buys used all the time and he is always like "switch to used, you overly careful bastard", but I'm like, man that 2nd hand rubber can kill me.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored