Winter Storage Tip

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - If you are going to be storing your car for the winter months and are concerned about flat spotting your radial tires there are a couple of options. You can buy those curved devices you place under each tire that distributes the weight over a larger area(not exactly cheap) or you can simply inflate your tires to 40 lbs for free and they will be fine. I’ve done this for years with no problems. The reason I mention these options is to avoid putting your car up on blocks. God forbid, but if you have a fire good luck getting a car to safety that’s up on blocks. If you have several cars I suppose the best thing to do is install a sprinkler or fire suppression system in your barn or garage. Insurance is helpful, but some cars are irreplaceable... Bruce
Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
My cousin lost a 68 firebird convertible with a 400/4 speed to a garage fire about 7 years ago because it was up on blocks for the winter and she couldn't get it out before it was consumed by the fire. So yeah, putting it on blocks is not a good idea.

When I store mine it stays on it's tires and plugged into a battery tender with just a cover on it. That way I can get it out quick if need be.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
I don't even cover mine for that reason. I'd just have to unplug the Noco G7200 and I could get it out.

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good tips Bruce!

FDHog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 2020 Ford Raptor
Had corvettes for years and never drove them in the winter. Only used a battery tender and never had a problem.
The GT will only get a battery tender.
Sponsored