Sponsored

Winter storage advice

t-zoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT A10 PP1
Going to put the car in storage next month for about five months. Indoor, heated, trickle charge. Just wondering what I should do ahead of time. Manual states to change the oil. Dealership said I could wait until I take it out. If I have it done before and when I take it out am I being too cautious? Car will have about 5k miles when I put it in. Haven’t had my first oil change yet. Dealership also recommended adding air to the tires. 5 or 10 lbs each. How much should I add? What else should I do?

Thanks for any advice.
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Top off gas tank, park it with A/C on and recirculate activated (this keeps the interior vent door closed when you turn the car off so any prying rodents can't get in). That's it. Anything beyond that for just the winter is unnecessary. You can change the oil once you start driving it again. Leave the battery on the trickle charger and don't start it.

The only reason to change the oil before its parked is if the oil has a lot of miles on it and it's started to acidify. If it's well within its normal range of mileage usage it's fine to leave it.