Sponsored

Winter setup: running front wheels on all corners?

Gamora

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt, 2021 Mini Cooper, 2018 Audi Q7
Yes, I’ve searched and haven’t seen this covered, yet. Lol I scored a set of Bullitt takeoffs from Steeda (guessing they have a bunch still). I was thinking about a summer and occasional track setup by running the rears up front with a 5mm spacer. For the winter, I was thinking of running the fronts on all corners. I vaguely recall someone running 25mm spacers on all corners for the flushed look, so am assuming the fronts can be put on the back without looking too funny since the rear wheel offset with a 25mm spacer would make it pretty close to the front wheel offset. Has it been done? Is my logic flawed?
Sponsored

Last edited:

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I would say it depends on what size rims you have…

OP
OP
Gamora

Gamora

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
I would say it depends on what size rims you have…

OEM 19x9 255/40 at each corner for winter, which I believe won’t require spacers

OEM 19x9.5 275/40 at each corner for summer, which will probably need maybe a 5mm spacer for the fronts to prevent rubbing the struts

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
OEM 19x9 255/40 at each corner for winter, which I believe won’t require spacers

OEM 19x9.5 275/40 at each corner for summer, which will probably need maybe a 5mm spacer for the fronts to prevent rubbing the struts
Do you know the offset? I run 19x10 in the front without spacers or any rubbing. Point being 19x9.5 up front shouldn’t require spacers.

OP
OP
Gamora

Gamora

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Do you know the offset? I run 19x10 in the front without spacers or any rubbing. Point being 19x9.5 up front shouldn’t require spacers.
You’ve reminded of what I forgot to do when I received the wheels yesterday, confirm the offsets. Lol Just unstacked ‘‘em and rears are +52.5mm and fronts are +45mm. Didn’t realize they were so close, makes sense on why they would work without spacers. Thanks for the confirmation.

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
You’ve reminded of what I forgot to do when I received the wheels yesterday, confirm the offsets. Lol Just unstacked ‘‘em and rears are +52.5mm and fronts are +45mm. Didn’t realize they were so close, makes sense on why they would work without spacers. Thanks for the confirmation.
With an offset of +52.5 I don't think a 5mm spacer would be enough for the front.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I run a set of rear wheels up front but I had already gone to a 25mm spacer front and 20mm spacer in back. The rear spacer is purely for aesthetics but it was my understanding a minimum 12mm spacer is required up front to counter the extra half inch of wheel. Basically the extra width comparing front to rear wheels is toward the inside of the mounting point of the wheel. I never really tried to mount the rear wheel up front w/out a spacer.

EDIT: 12mm is approx.. 1/2" thus 12mm spacer

OP
OP
Gamora

Gamora

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. I contacted Steeda concurrently with this post and was advised to run 20mm up front for proper geometry when using the rear 19x9.5 wheels up front. As for my idea of using the front 19x9 wheels with the stock 255/40 profile on all corners for winter, was also told that it'll all be fine without any spacers. Just an FYI for those of us that need winter setups with extra sets of wheels. Happy motoring all!
Sponsored