Winmax wot window switch

863Greg2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mustang 2019 Mustang Bullit 7678
I have a 2019 Bullit and have decided to put a little shot of nitrous on. I have the plate and solenoids all mounted and wired. I mounted a winmax inside and ran wires to the engine bay for it. My question is...
Which wires do I tie into for my rpm signal and for the TPS signal. I've heard the down voltage is better but dont know for sure. Any insight?
Sponsored

Joshua1130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2009 Silverado
I have a 2019 Bullit and have decided to put a little shot of nitrous on. I have the plate and solenoids all mounted and wired. I mounted a winmax inside and ran wires to the engine bay for it. My question is...
Which wires do I tie into for my rpm signal and for the TPS signal. I've heard the down voltage is better but dont know for sure. Any insight?
I’m currently wiring a nitrous winmax controller did you end up finding the wires to tap into for tps and rpm boss

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Who is going to tune it?

Dry nitrous systems scare the crap out of me on these cars. If it is a wet plate system that scares me even more as these intake manifolds are designed for dry flow. They do not distribute gas evenly.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Who is going to tune it?

Dry nitrous systems scare the crap out of me on these cars. If it is a wet plate system that scares me even more as these intake manifolds are designed for dry flow. They do not distribute gas evenly.
I’m guessing that’s why my tuner recommended that I set my window switch to turn the nitrous on at 4K rpm. By then, there should be plenty of air moving through the IM to help distribute things.

Thinking back 20 years ago though, it was suggested to turn the nitrous on at 3K rpm. It seems that tuners are being even more cautious these days.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I’m currently wiring a nitrous winmax controller did you end up finding the wires to tap into for tps and rpm boss
I pulled this info. from my nitrous install thread. For the rpm signal, I took mine from the #1 coil wire (white wire with purple tracer on it). See pic here.

1708275125608.jpeg

I initially thought I could get the tps signal from the throttle body wiring harness, but that didn’t work because the tb uses a digital signal instead of analog. what I ended up doing was getting the tps signal from my JMS BAP wiring (connector that plugged into the accelerator pedal’s wiring harness. I can’t remember which wire that was, but if you pull up JMS Fuelmax BAP instructions, you might be able to find which wire it is.

Joshua1130

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt, 2009 Silverado
I pulled this info. from my nitrous install thread. For the rpm signal, I took mine from the #1 coil wire (white wire with purple tracer on it). See pic here.

1708275125608.jpeg

I initially thought I could get the tps signal from the throttle body wiring harness, but that didn’t work because the tb uses a digital signal instead of analog. what I ended up doing was getting the tps signal from my JMS BAP wiring (connector that plugged into the accelerator pedal’s wiring harness. I can’t remember which wire that was, but if you pull up JMS Fuelmax BAP instructions, you might be able to find which wire it is.
Also I’m having a hard time understanding how it tell the solenoids when to turn on does it go stage 1 output to the solenoids or how

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Also I’m having a hard time understanding how it tell the solenoids when to turn on does it go stage 1 output to the solenoids or how
I don’t have a WinMax, I have the ProMax, but I’ll PM you and we can try and sort through it.
Sponsored