Sponsored

Window Tint in DMV

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Can anybody refer good window tint places? Preferably somewhere that will warranty there work but still have competitive prices. I got a quote from LA Tint, but wanted to shop around
Sponsored

SVT_N8

@baggedcobra
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White GT
I always make the drive to Fresh Designs in Ellicott City, MD. Doug does great work. He's tinted 4 or 5 of my vehicles over the years.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The best I've seen in the DMV area is Absolute Perfection in Sykesville, MD.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Tint Man in Glen Burnie has done a few cars of mine. $120 I believe for the stang. Or 140. Cant remember, but one of those.

OP
OP
NotMarc

NotMarc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1
Tint Man in Glen Burnie has done a few cars of mine. $120 I believe for the stang. Or 140. Cant remember, but one of those.

I got quoted for 259 or 359 by la tint depending on the tiny used. I'd rather the 120. Was that with a warranty?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I had my 2014 done by Sonic Sound in Arlington. Real nice folks there. Pricing competitive, check the Yelp discount if they have it, or if you're military.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
Tint proshop in Rockville for 155 cash. I got all 3 of my car including the EBM done here.

Budnr22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Oxford - Tech Pack
Tintfx in fairfax.....they did mine about a month ago

Tweezy7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
17'GT on Order
The best I've seen in the DMV area is Absolute Perfection in Sykesville, MD.
I second this place only tint shop in DMV that carries Spectra PhotoSync very cool top of the line tint! But pricey around $600

I was also looking into the Huper Optik Tint and a couple buddies of mine went and got that in Richmond at Solcar Eclipse Window Films again top quality film looking at $500.

For me I want the most UV and heat rejection, I went with 3M FX on my Civic paid $150 and prior to that I had Huper Optik on a Lexus very classy tint. Just depends what you want out of the tint, some want privacy others want the look

Sponsored

papashango3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no comment
Did any of you have any rattles pop up after the tint job from sloppily taking off and putting back on the doors? Years ago i got my tint done by california tint in great falls(one man shop) and immediately i got an annoying passenger rattle that ive had to live with for 10 years!

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Taking off the doors? I've had my last two cars tinted without having the door panels removed. There is no need to remove the panels if the installer knows his trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

papashango3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
no comment
Yea i think i got stuck with a guy who was a bit of a burnout. 11 years ago i remember searching message boards for this exact thread for my then new car and only found 1 or 2 recommendations so was rolling the dice a bit. Now we got yelp, message boards are 5x as trafficed etc, a lot more shops out there it seems.

Mike A.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
LA Tint in Sterling Va did a great job on my GT, I also had them do my VW GTI a few years back.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
Do any of those Northern VA places do same day while you wait? It's kinda a drive from Arlington and I would need a way to get there without a car.
Sponsored