Wimbledon White Paint/ Powdercoat Codes

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP #LR087, 1999 SVT Lightning #3830
Picked up a couple pieces (strut tower and radiator support) from my local powdercoater that I had done in Wimbledon White. Since an exact powdercoat code could not be found for Wimbledon White we went through a series of sample color tags. We picked a color based on the tag and the color of the car was the closet match. After getting the pieces home yesterday I found the match is not quite as dead on as we initially thought. That being said if you look at it in a certain light it looks dead on, but in another light the pieces have more of a cream color to them. I want to install them, but my OCD is telling me to find a better match or just have them painted. This leads me to my next question.

Has anyone had any parts painted Wimbledon White and/or found a Wimbledon White match code for powdercoating? If you have had parts painted and/or powder coated Wimbledon White, where did you go and would you mind sharing your POC? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I have a rollbar coming from Competition Motorsports that is done in Wimbledon white. I’m curious to see how close it is, it’s powder coated. What you’re probably noticing is the difference in the application. Powder tends to stand up on the surface where a sprayed application lays down much flatter. That’s where the difference in light really comes in to play. A previous profession for me was paint and body. I’m ocd in the same way with color.

Last edited:

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on "how much" off the color is. Pics?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Ya, OCD isn’t a good thing when it comes to this.
ITHD is absolutely right about matching powder where paint was originally used. When you start adding pearls and other special tints to paint, good luck “matching” with powder.

OP
OP
Carpenater

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Davesvt2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Are the engine bay’s paint still not clearcoated ? I remember years ago they were NOT.

That could explain the difference in shades.

OP
OP
Carpenater

Carpenater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Vehicle(s)
I have a rollbar coming from Competition Motorsports that is done in Wimbledon white. I’m curious to see how close it is, it’s powder coated. What you’re probably noticing is the difference in the application. Powder tends to stand up on the surface where a sprayed application lays down much flatter. That’s where the difference in light really comes in to play. A previous profession for me was paint and body. I’m ocd in the same way with color.
How did your rollbar come out in matching the WB?

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I’m in Moab. Be back middle of the week. My plan is to do the install next Sat. after I’m back. Need to order some better bits Monday to make sure I’m not drilling holes for most of the day. Lol.

How did your rollbar come out in matching the WB?

Gahendo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
F250
What powder did you use for your parts? I did a billetworkz shift knob and never checked how close it was ill post a pic in a bit.

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
https://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?color=Wimbledon White&tditzler=8378&rows=50

Google Prismatic Powders. Call to see if they already have a match for Wimbleton White. If not, use the information from the link above to help guide your selection of a few samples. They’re about $5 each.

If your Powderer doesn’t use Prismatic Powders, you might get lucky in finding a match for the PP info you get.

Search my posts in the Billetworkz Knob thread by @Spart for my journey to find a match for Avalanche Gray. I couldn’t have been happier with what I got.

Good Luck. Keep us posted.
Sponsored