2021 Mustang GT Premium

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Depends on the enclosure, which you didn't specify.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If that’s a shallow mount sub it should fit, but before you swap it out, try adding an aftermarket amp and a DSP to it. You might be surprised by the sound quality. Of course you will have to be mindful of how loud you play it, so that it will live. I put a JL Audio 300W mono amp on the factory sub in my ‘13 GT and it sounded really good.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
If that’s a shallow mount sub it should fit, but before you swap it out, try adding an aftermarket amp and a DSP to it. You might be surprised by the sound quality. Of course you will have to be mindful of how loud you play it, so that it will live. I put a JL Audio 300W mono amp on the factory sub in my ‘13 GT and it sounded really good.
That's an idea. And the 300 isn't that expensive. Thanks.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That's an idea. And the 300 isn't that expensive. Thanks.
When I did this mod, I removed the factory sub, installed new 12 gauge speaker wire and drilled a small hole to feed the speaker wire through the enclosure. I also added polyfill (supposed to manipulate the sound waves to make the sub think the enclosure is bigger) and then reinstalled the sub and connected it to my JL Audio amp. Bass was nice and tight for several hours of playing and then suddenly one day the sub was finally broken in and the bass got much lower and deeper and sounded even better. Great mod to do on the cheap with minimal effort.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Did the amp just plug n play with the oem setup or did you need to make Modifications?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Did the amp just plug n play with the oem setup or did you need to make Modifications?
Not plug and play, but very easy to set up. The factory sub in my ‘13 GT was a DVC sub, so I wired it back up as such, but with new speaker wire and drilled the very small hole in the enclosure to pass the new speaker wire through and then connected it to the amp. There are many ways of adding aftermarket amps to the B&O or 9 speaker systems, but I used a PacAudio AmpPro4 fd-21 amp interface to retain all of my factory steering wheel controls. I also added the optional Toslink port and used a fiber optic cable to send the speaker signals back to my aftermarket Digital Sound Processor instead of running three sets of RCA cables, although the AmpPro allows you to run either or.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
What DSP? You just mentioned the XD600?
Thanks!

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Ah, thnx.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
So, you installed the DM 608 and XD600 just for the Sub?
No. If I said XD600 that was a mistake on my part. I used the XD300 in my 13 GT and an older Audio Control DQX-61 sound processor. In my Bullitt, I have the Audio Control micro amps; 1.300 on the sub and 4.300 on mid bass and tweets. The pic may be a little misleading because both amps are underneath a single cover which makes them look like one amp. The cover is stamped 5.600 to signify a combined total of 5 channels between the two amps, as well as a combined output of 600W.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Man, sorry, you were speaking Irish there. Didn't understand a thing.
What would you recommend for just swapping out some speakers and sub in my B&O system? Thanks.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Man, sorry, you were speaking Irish there. Didn't understand a thing.
What would you recommend for just swapping out some speakers and sub in my B&O system? Thanks.
Here’s what I recommend and that is just based on my personal experience with these components.

AmpPro4 fd-21 interface
Toslink adapter for amp pro
19’ long fiber optic cable
AudioControl DM-608 sound processor
AudioControl 1.300 amp for your factory sub
Hertz DSK 165 speaker set (mid bass and tweets)

You can just install the Hertz mid bass speakers in the door and run them on the factory B&O amp and they’ll sound great like that. Not sure about running the Hertz tweets on the factory B&O amp though because I run mine on a separate amp. It’s worth trying if you’re on a budget though. Everything I listed will run you about $1400, minus an amp wiring kit and other miscellaneous wiring accessories such as the RCA cables that will run from your sound processor to your amp.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Crutchfield says the AmPro4 will not fit the 2021.
Sponsored