Sponsored

Will the GT500 have DSSV Dampers?

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yellow 2016 5.0 totaled white 2018 A10 now
Good luck is all I mean. LOL.

its kind of like comparing coilovers vs airstruts.

Similar sure. Maybe. Kind of. Sort of.........
Sponsored

ttime500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06
Good luck is all I mean. LOL.

its kind of like comparing coilovers vs airstruts.

Similar sure. Maybe. Kind of. Sort of.........
Ultimately at the end of the day the percentage of guys that can extract the extra second (maybe) are few and far between and not really worth the loss of comfort. I would love to see the ZL1 1LE vs a ZL1 with the same tire, I bet you’d see very close times.

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ultimately at the end of the day the percentage of guys that can extract the extra second (maybe) are few and far between and not really worth the loss of comfort. I would love to see the ZL1 1LE vs a ZL1 with the same tire, I bet you’d see very close times.

Cmon man were on the forums here.... Every thousandth of a second matters, every pound matters, every spec on the piece of paper matter more than real results in reality....

LOLOLOLOLOL

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
January 14th cant come soon enough. Pathetic.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
For sure.

Problem is we won’t know hp and torque numbers until August.

The ford GT actually had customer deliveries before official numbers were released. That’s pathetic.
I think we will know a while lot more that can be speculated on instead of speculating on speculation.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I agree: if we could have access to the MagneRide tuning software, I'm sure we could come up with something that would imitate spool valve shocks, AND we'd have three other damping modes, too... Does anybody know how to hack into the MagneRide software?
There's a company that offers this capability for the GT350 and other cars with magneride. You can definitely dial in a super harsh ride on your GT350 just like the ZL1 1LE has.

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT 15 Z/28 sn 0631 09 Corvette Z06 14 F150 SC
What do you guys think? Will the GT500 have DSSV dampers? I’m hoping they try something different rather than sticking with magniride or maybe make DSSV standard on the track pack or R version for guys who enjoy tracking the car. ZL1 1LE and Mercedes GT both have DSSV dampers and are top handling track cars.
I have DSSV's on my 15 Z/28. Fact:they aren't too stiff or rough. Combine them with Michelin Sport Cup 2's for perfection. The Pirelli Trofeo R's would tram on the road following marks in the pavement,, tires that do not tram yet nearly match the trofeo-r's in weight are the key. handling is superb, the DSSV's corner like a scalded dog, and you only give up 1 lb of unsprung weight per tire. withe Cup 2's. I'd go DSSV in the mustang w/o a worry.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I have DSSV's on my 15 Z/28. Fact:they aren't too stiff or rough..
Most people disagree with your "fact". Randy P. said they are even rough on track, much less on a typical street.

Sponsored

Notagain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you drove one?

Hard to argue with someone that owns a Z28 but were talking about preference now..........

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Have you drove one?

Hard to argue with someone that owns a Z28 but were talking about preference now..........
I seem to easily be able to argue with a lot of people! :)

I have not driven a Z/28, but I have read and heard a lot of other people's opinions about the ride. I watched a number of different car reviews. Some have said the GT350R is very firm, but all have said that the Z/28 is firmer and most say the Z/28 is too firm for most people to enjoy driving regularly. I didn't state in my post that I think the ride is too firm, just that many other people have said that it is too firm. I realize that you have to take car reviews with a grain of salt, but when a number of people say the same thing it does sway me to a degree.

Sometimes when I choose to say something it's also because of the person's past posts. If you look at certain people's posts you will see that they have very strong opinions that seem biased by brand. But hey, others may think there is no bias in those posts.

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Most people disagree with your "fact". Randy P. said they are even rough on track, much less on a typical street.
Tulsa has pretty ad roads, there you pick carefully with the DSSV's, however Broken Arrow has better roads, much smoother. Much like Texas roads if you're familar with a state that has oil money to keep roads in repair. Hint don't form a hard opinion unless you've driven on DSSV's. The Z was a bit of a challenge with the Trofeo-R's, my wife detested it. I loved it, heck it'll hang with Z06's in the corners, or a GT350.

The addition of Michelin Cup 2's completely changed the character of the car and the way it road. Trofeo-R's are a hardcore choice, but Cup2's..the car handles land rides like a dream. One trick to remember is not to put heavier tires on the car, but maintain the same tire weiight or as close as you can to the OEM tire weight when replacing them.. Cup 2's only weigh 4 lbs more for 4 tires, so not a huge penalty in unsprung wight.My 0$$02?? but I love DSVV shocks, they wear on you, and in comparison to coilovers Holy Cow they are just the bee's knee's, they ARE that much better. My z/28 is the only sports car (and I;ve had 8 high end cars) that was able to do an 180 degree turn on the street at 50 mph, the trofeo-r's didnt squeal, the car just came around, pivoting the last 90 degrees, as I wiggled and was going 55 mph in the other direction. A friend who was in the car, who owns a 911GT3RS, was like Holy Zhit!!!! Did you know it would do that. He went wild, as he said the 911 woud be challenged to pull that turn off. Fact is he still has the Porsche, but now he has a '15 white Z/28 too...he liked it that much. He spent an afternoon wrangling me to let him drive the car hard...but in the end I let him wring it out, as I know he has the skill for the car. He loved the massive LS7 torque too.

so my 0.02...drive a car with DSVV's if you can, hopefully someone who will let you wring it out. My addition of Cup 2's on mine made my wife love the cars handling again, and shes really picky. On Hallet, the track in my area noth from Tulsa...the DSSV's and both trofeo-r's and Cup 2's just ate the road up. In a couple of auto-crosses with a local vette club, I destroyed everything except the Z06's and those I hung with.

lgvenable

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
I seem to easily be able to argue with a lot of people! :)

I have not driven a Z/28, but I have read and heard a lot of other people's opinions about the ride. I watched a number of different car reviews. Some have said the GT350R is very firm, but all have said that the Z/28 is firmer and most say the Z/28 is too firm for most people to enjoy driving regularly. I didn't state in my post that I think the ride is too firm, just that many other people have said that it is too firm. I realize that you have to take car reviews with a grain of salt, but when a number of people say the same thing it does sway me to a degree.

Sometimes when I choose to say something it's also because of the person's past posts. If you look at certain people's posts you will see that they have very strong opinions that seem biased by brand. But hey, others may think there is no bias in those posts.
you'll find me in several car forums. True I like the Z, more than that I love a 427, 6 sped TR6060 and a 3:90 differential with ceramic CF brakes...it just came in 09 with fibergalss and CF, and in '15 with the mustangs competitors sheet metal. I've got a '17 Mustang GT..love the Coyote engine. Had a '04 SVT Cobra as well in mystic green. However you typically talk about what you're familiar with, so please don't judge me on one thread, where I replied back to someone wanting a comparison of specific cars, which I had experience with (a Z06..and I added the Z/28.).since I have one of each. I've also got a (re)built 1992 Mitz 3000GT VR4 at 530 hp sitting in my garage, of which I was the original owner some 26 years later.. I'm not a troll, just an enthusiast that loves engines, and buys the car''s sheet metal that goes along with the engine. LOL.
Sponsored