Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
go into your menu options and see if there is a "my key" set up already. one of your keys should be the master and you can use that one to delete any my key set ups.
i did this and there was none setup. thanks! There are definite issues. so far the trans pumps, flex plate and now the timing chains are going to be replaced. Sooo if anyone ever has issues and is under warranty def take it in...
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
sooo they test drove it, rattle is less but still there... they are replacing both timing chains... This is odd to me, car only has 12k miles... do i need to unload this thing?
So they heard this after they replaced transmission parts?

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So they heard this after they replaced transmission parts?
Yes - took it on test drive and still heard "knocks" - i reported rattle and its never knocked so i hope its just wrong terminology. So they are replacing both timing chains and retesting... fingees crossed...

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Since yours is an 18, it was the first year with the gen 3 coyote, and the first year with the A10. There was a lot of growing pains on the 18's.

Something else to consider, possibly your knock sensor could be overly sensitive and pulling timing around 80 mph, that's why it feels flat. Or the knock you hear is so bad at 80 mph that the sensor is pulling timing.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Since yours is an 18, it was the first year with the gen 3 coyote, and the first year with the A10. There was a lot of growing pains on the 18's.

Something else to consider, possibly your knock sensor could be overly sensitive and pulling timing around 80 mph, that's why it feels flat. Or the knock you hear is so bad at 80 mph that the sensor is pulling timing.
i think your right about the timing - it never felt right. its all covered so if they fix it im happy. it was never a knock, mostly sounds like a loose heat shield most times, other times it sounded/felt like grinding but its not grinding, i cant articulate the sound. apparently 2 of their "master" techs are working in it... i think ill send them lunch(as long as its fixed) :p

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
waiting on parts... Has anyone else had timing chains and trans pumps replaced under warranty at same time? im thinking with all new parts ill be fine but cant stop wondering if its just an underlying issue to something bigger?

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Any update?
Waiting on parts still... seals coming from Detroit... then once all parts are in they are putting back together and testing. im hoping it is all good... i want my car back.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Just spoke to dealer, all parts are in. Should be done by COB tue. They want to do a cold start in AM and test drive to make sure everything is good. Fingees crossed...cant wait...

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Well.. everything got put back together and they took for test drive. Still a rattle... They are saying its needs new timing chains (again???) and phasers. More parts ordered... Is this normal? I really don't know what to think...😢:headbang:

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
So you’re not familiar with the car, and they’re not familiar with the car and you’re trying to get them to diagnose and fix something that you’re not sure if it is a problem or not.
Are we sure the issues are not just normal? First it was no rattle, just not accelerating how you thought it should, but then well maybe it does accelerate fine, but maybe there is a rattle after all.
Im not trying to say anyone is crazy, or blame the process, but I have seen this before- countless time and money thrown at something that’s just normal operation, which then everyone looks like an idiot.
If the car is back together and able to be driven, I would pick it up and take it to another dealer. And if they tell you there’s nothing wrong, maybe they are right.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So you’re not familiar with the car, and they’re not familiar with the car and you’re trying to get them to diagnose and fix something that you’re not sure if it is a problem or not.
Are we sure the issues are not just normal? First it was no rattle, just not accelerating how you thought it should, but then well maybe it does accelerate fine, but maybe there is a rattle after all.
Im not trying to say anyone is crazy, or blame the process, but I have seen this before- countless time and money thrown at something that’s just normal operation, which then everyone looks like an idiot.
If the car is back together and able to be driven, I would pick it up and take it to another dealer. And if they tell you there’s nothing wrong, maybe they are right.
Maybe - but from what ive read and dealings w/Ford (ive had 10 different ford vehicles) before if there wasnt an issue they would have told me and thats that. This time i took to them, they heard rattle and started fixing as they go, first was the trans pump, then timing chains and now the chains/phasers. From talking to the service writer and mechanics i truly believe what they are doing is right. Ill stop updating so we dont have to keep seeing this. Thanks to all that posted.

I drove by and car is all taken apart atm.

Post has been all over the place so i apologize.
1. Rattles been there since i got car.
2. The acceleration was prob it cutting the timing due to timing chain issues. They said the chains were stretched.

Hillsndale

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 Magneride Magnetic Grey
If you are not down with updates, at least tell us what the final outcome is. Otherwise it's like reading a book only to find out the last 5 pages have been ripped out.

I hope the best for you. Btw, great color combo with the stripes.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If you are not down with updates, at least tell us what the final outcome is. Otherwise it's like reading a book only to find out the last 5 pages have been ripped out.

I hope the best for you. Btw, great color combo with the stripes.
ty - ill post final outcome
Sponsored