$hitbox

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
If you have a loud rattle in the right place, it could be the knock sensor pulling a crap ton of timing out making it feel the way it does. Good luck!!

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium and a 1966 c10
Heck no I wasn't reading 5 pages. I read 4 replies and then replied.
no worries - tdrl-trans pump is fucked which fucked flywheel and god knows wat else... waiting on ford now.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
If you have a loud rattle in the right place, it could be the knock sensor pulling a crap ton of timing out making it feel the way it does. Good luck!!
this makes sense... but it was more of a rattle, never heard knocking/tick.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
not sure if anyone reading :p but... dealer called. Still not done, flywheel is bad, and if they knew how bad it was last week they would not have let me take car out last weekend... I wonder how close i came to blowing my trans. To me everything was running fine. Ugh.
And here I didn't even know an automatic transmission had a flywheel. That's just strange.

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
And here I didn't even know an automatic transmission had a flywheel. That's just strange.
honestly i didnt either, i thought it was a manual trans thing... this is just wat the service writer said. Found this..she prob meant flexplate...
Flywheels are typically found on vehicles equipped with manual transmissions, while flexplates are used in vehicles with automatic transmissions. ... A flexplate is mounted to the crankshaft and connects the output from the engine to the input of a torque converter

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
now they are saying flywheel may be affected - but tell me trans is fine? this seems odd to me. they said they are "fixing" in stages... is this normal?
Yeah, it's called loading the parts shotgun because nobody wants to spend the time to diagnose anything properly anymore.

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Yeah, it's called loading the parts shotgun because nobody wants to spend the time to diagnose anything properly anymore.
This is not entirely accurate, as any real service tech would agree. No one is pulling a trans for inspection unless the labor is getting paid for by some one, and warranty can often decide that labor / inspection / procedure wasn’t needed and not covered. You better be damn sure if you pull a trans that you are going to find something, otherwise it’s just working for charity. These people gotta feed their families too.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
sooo they test drove it, rattle is less but still there... they are replacing both timing chains... This is odd to me, car only has 12k miles... do i need to unload this thing?

OP
OP
Ock

Ock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Man you hit that spot on. I remember the other day on the freeway an ecoboost pulled up next to me and went WOT for a few seconds so I pulled up next to him and shook my head like "don't mess with my 5.0 buddy" and then I went pedal to the floor and my reaction was so funny because it knocked my head back to the headrest and I had that "oh crap" face on because I had never went WOT hahahaha
lol umm ok? im missing something...

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Tom that car should be pulling strong at 80-85. WOT at those speeds should have that car's engine screaming/shifting hard pushing you back into seat holding on till 140mph. Mine does. I use nothing but 93 octane but it shouldn't matter much.

Have you tried Sport or Track mode?
Man you hit that spot on. I remember the other day on the freeway an ecoboost pulled up next to me and went WOT for a few seconds so I pulled up next to him and shook my head like "don't mess with my 5.0 buddy" and then I went pedal to the floor and my reaction was so funny because it knocked my head back to the headrest and I had that "oh crap" face on because I had never went WOT hahahaha

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
I honestly don't know about the fob - it came w/2 and i just started using one. Is there a way to tell on the fob? As for sport i usually drive in this, and it still does it. On gear selector i haven't really messed w/S.
go into your menu options and see if there is a "my key" set up already. one of your keys should be the master and you can use that one to delete any my key set ups.
Sponsored