Sponsored

S550 Wide Body Kits

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
I figured out what I dislike most about the new S550. It's the how the rear fender arches to the rear decklid. If the rear fender was more vertical, I would like the design significantly more. This would give a wider decklid and increase trunk space.

Since Ford didn't design the car this way, maybe there will be a widebody kit that would look more like this.

So I'm calling all of you great photoshoppers / renderers... if you have time, see what you can do to really broaden the rear haunches of this car.
Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
Holy crap that looks good!!!! :eyebulge:

OP
OP
UOP Shadow

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Not exactly what I had in mind but nice picture. I was thinking more widening the entire rear, not just flaring out the fender arches.

Sponsored

Prodigy

That's the first time Ive heard someone say the rear is not wide enough. Rear track is already 2" wider. From your description of what you would like it look like, it sounds like you want the fenders to extend straight back, creating a squared off rear end.

You know, there is already a pony car that looks like this:

OP
OP
UOP Shadow

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
Not straight back, more straight UP.

GTsquid

NO.

It is the best part of the car. Leave it alone, Ford.

Trunk space looks plenty big enough already for a sports car. And the rear decklid is wide enough. We dont need it looking like a boat from behind and the pony/GT emblem would look even lonelier back there.

C00KIE M0NSTER

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
All the rear end needs is that ducktail spoiler from the widebody kit photoshop! :hail:
Sponsored