Why the Mach 1 is a bargain....

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Well it seems at this point that we could probably all agree that this is an unsolvable problem in terms of finding one answer that fits everyone. Maybe because it depends on everyone's personal situation, what they have vs what they wish they had.

If you drive your car all winter on summer tires, the cost of a new set of snow tires might be a bargain for you because of the benefits you'll get over what you already have, for the extra cost. But if you already have snow tires that are maybe 3/4 tread, that same cost for new one's isn't a bargain because you don't need them.

For me the Mach is a bargain because I'm very willing to pay $133 a month more for the Tremec, which I drove and like better than the MT82; Magneride, active exhaust, and heated and cooled seats, which my car doesn't have but I've always wanted; and the Mach 1 engine and styling. If I had a PP2 Premium I might have just spent the money on installing the Tremec and called it a day, the extra cost for a Mach wouldn't have been worth it.

Some people like GT350's better than the Mach so a used GT350 is a better bargain. Some folks like having no car payment more than the features they'd get for a Mach. Some guys only track their car and it's already set up the way they want it so no need for a Mach.

It almost feels like some people just had unrealistic expectations for the Mach. It's a Mustang with better performance off the showroom floor than GT's and a cool (in some people's opinions) name and styling, but it's not a Ferrari.
Sponsored

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
And, a Ferrari is not a Mustang.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I think Norm might be in love :cwl:
Like I said in the other thread, the Mach 1 would make it to my short list if something really bad happened to the Mustang that I currently have. It would be on the even shorter list where I write off doing the usual cornering/handling mods on something new or dealing with something not bought new.

Norm

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well it seems at this point that we could probably all agree that this is an unsolvable problem in terms of finding one answer that fits everyone. Maybe because it depends on everyone's personal situation, what they have vs what they wish they had.

If you drive your car all winter on summer tires, the cost of a new set of snow tires might be a bargain for you because of the benefits you'll get over what you already have, for the extra cost. But if you already have snow tires that are maybe 3/4 tread, that same cost for new one's isn't a bargain because you don't need them.

For me the Mach is a bargain because I'm very willing to pay $133 a month more for the Tremec, which I drove and like better than the MT82; Magneride, active exhaust, and heated and cooled seats, which my car doesn't have but I've always wanted; and the Mach 1 engine and styling. If I had a PP2 Premium I might have just spent the money on installing the Tremec and called it a day, the extra cost for a Mach wouldn't have been worth it.

Some people like GT350's better than the Mach so a used GT350 is a better bargain. Some folks like having no car payment more than the features they'd get for a Mach. Some guys only track their car and it's already set up the way they want it so no need for a Mach.

It almost feels like some people just had unrealistic expectations for the Mach. It's a Mustang with better performance off the showroom floor than GT's and a cool (in some people's opinions) name and styling, but it's not a Ferrari.

You sure know how to ruin a good argument.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Donā€™t tell Carroll that a Mustang isnā€™t a Ferrari! šŸ˜€

1616587936233.jpeg

Watched the Little Red TV special last night. So cool.
Can you tell us more about the Little Red TV special, I'd like to see it. I googled it and there are a few. Which one did you watch?

Sponsored

Kevin70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Scion xA, Mitsubishi 3000GT
It comes complete with an attractive front end, unlike the hideous catfish face of the 2018-current regular mustangs.

F8A6DFF3-4E5C-48A9-8562-E27F091503AC_1_201_a.jpeg
Agree it is definitely an improvement over the current "regular" Mustang GT. I think I probably like the pre-2018 look even better though.
Sponsored