Sponsored

Why do you want this car? (Used for what purpose?)

What is your intended purpose of the car?

• Total voters

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Being that we get rain about 6 days per year and that much of December, January & Febuary is well into the 60s & 70s here in glamorous (sarcasm) Bakersfield, CA., I will drive it year round with as much gusto as I can manage.

Very seldom is it sub 40 during waking hours so I'm not overly worried about my summer tires being too hard. On those few days when my tires are brittle, I have my wife's 2013 Edge Limited that I can drive if I absolutely have to.....
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I voted Daily Driver and Track Machine.

I will probably split DD duties with my GTI due to the estimated poor fuel economy of the GT350, but I'm sure I'll be driving it at least two days a week (and with a 70 mile round trip commute, I think that still counts as a daily driver).

It will definitely be seeing the road course.

-T

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Very seldom is it sub 40 during waking hours so I'm not overly worried about my summer tires being too hard. On those few days when my tires are brittle, I have my wife's 2013 Edge Limited that I can drive if I absolutely have to.....
I'm so jealous. I wouldn't worry about sub 40 with Pilot super sports (assuming you are getting a GT350). I had Pilot super sports on my 2011 GT as summer tires. I think I swapped out my snow tires and installed the Pilot SS in late April. Well of course we got snow a week or two later. I had no problems at all with a small amount of snow on the ground. They aren't Blizzaks by any means, but you can easily get by. So.. if you're a little careful you can do fine in a little bit of snow and ice... or a temperature of 39 with dry roads on your way in to work in the morning. :)

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm so jealous. I wouldn't worry about sub 40 with Pilot super sports (assuming you are getting a GT350). I had Pilot super sports on my 2011 GT as summer tires. I think I swapped out my snow tires and installed the Pilot SS in late April. Well of course we got snow a week or two later. I had no problems at all with a small amount of snow on the ground. They aren't Blizzaks by any means, but you can easily get by. So.. if you're a little careful you can do fine in a little bit of snow and ice... or a temperature of 39 with dry roads on your way in to work in the morning. :)
Good to hear. Most of the winter when I head in in the morning it will be 50-60 with lots of 75ish during sunny days. I've been here 20 years and I've seen snow ONCE. So it looks like I can drive it a good 355 days per year EZ!

Sponsored

Nawambo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: Boss 302; STI; Next: Stingray or GT350
Some will use it as a daily driver. Others may only use it as a weekend cruiser. Some see it as a drag car, but for me, this car created to terrorize the track (road course of course! ;)).

What is your intended purpose of the GT350?
Right there with you my friend. I'm all about the track and hoping this puts my Boss 302 to shame.

Cheers!

CLizGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liz
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Edition Kona Blue GT #1205
Road trips from track to track.

matrix243

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor & Lightning
Would like to use it on the track so I can lower my on street aggression.

BadLuckBrian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Skateboard GT with 22" spinnaz
Bump. What's the latest poll - DD it or Garage it? :-)

Sponsored

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
drive it to work 2-3 days a week, on weekends, and occasional trips to the track... 4 months and 5200 miles so far :-)

thehygienist

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
IRISH
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT350
Commute 3 days a week except for snow days. Then moving to FLA in 3 years.

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Not my daily, but not a weekend car either. I take it out for random drives as soon as I get home most of the time so I gave a check box as a "Weekend cruiser". Also gave one as a track car because I fully intend to track this baby at least a few times a year. My first time doing any track-like driving will hopefully be next weekend at the Goodguys Autocross if I can find some free time.