Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My Bimmer has a HUD and, holy cow, just so darn convenient and probably my favorite tech feature in it. Also has auto-hold, which I miss desperately when I'm in the Mustang.
Yeah man the HUD is awesome. Camaro apparently has auto hold too. Didnt know it until i tested it lol

3rdRGR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush RS2, 2011 Nissan Murano SV
the likelihood of a mirror failing = 0.000001
likelihood of any of camera lens, bloody solder joints on the PCB, the cable connector, the cable (you know zip-tied so tight it cuts thru the wires) failing, the LCD screen failing = 0.001 (WAG)

$100 solution to a 10 cent problem. WTF is wrong with people?
The benefit is a massive improvement of field of view in a car with terrible fields of view. If I was going to go Camaro, I certainly wanted this option. IF it fails in the middle of driving you still have your mirrors as a backup.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Try setting your eyes to continous auto-focus, it sounds like you're trying to refocus manually. Seriously though the time it takes for your eyes to adjust from inches to infinity is measured in milliseconds. If the human eye were a camera, it would put every manufacturer out of business. As @Adamone92 said, it might be "trippy" at first, but you would quickly adjust. I refused to use a backup camera at first. Then I realizedit was better than looking over my shoulder. It offers a wider field of view, with better nightvision, and doesn't require me to fully divert my attention from the road in front of me. The same benefits a sideview camera would offer.
Haha, ok. I can refocus fine automatically, but I prefer not to constantly change my focal point when driving. You'll realize how often you look at your rearview and sideview mirrors when you have to constantly adjust your focal point. I'm not the only one who has this observation. When my ZL1 arrives this spring I'll let you know if I get used to the camera rear view. I agree about the rear view camera being a great improvement. The difference is that only gets used sporadically compared to the rear view and side view cameras.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Aesthetically I find the Mustang a better looking car. The lines are perfect. The interior is great, except the center cluster on the base models but that can be fixed. I very rarely have really found much draw over a GM interior.

The Coyote is another reason. So much potential and it’s just flat out fun to rev to the moon. Maybe not as fast stock for stock (depending on the year/model), but they’re now on even playing fields.

IRS/S550 platform was a huge move for Ford and it would’ve felt wrong to jump ship when they finally put together a package so many people were ready for.

Nothing against the Camaro, they are bad cars with lots of potential.

ER95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve grown up with Fords soo going to Chevy would be a no go lol. Plus that’s GM lol so definitely no.

My buddy has a 2017 Vette and he’s on his second one with electronic issues, now his tail lights go in and out, I don’t know what the deal is with GM.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Maybe i will see you around sometime. I am in Pasco on the gulf. I had to lemon law a new 2019 C7 and ended up with a 2021 LT1. Runs 10 times better than that C7 did. Almost runs as good as my modded 2013 C6 did.
I’m in pasco as well. Lol to be precise.

OP
OP
ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I am by the Gulfview mall. US19 is not fun.
Yeah no I don’t go that way. I usually take 52 to the vet and then nascar down to Tampa and cut over to Clearwater. Do a big loop and then back.

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Yeah man the HUD is awesome. Camaro apparently has auto hold too. Didnt know it until i tested it lol
I end up putting the Mustang in neutral at stoplights and pulling the e-brake to simulate it haha

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
at the time feb 18ish i couldn't make a deal with the dealers on both pricing and trade in value.

Cheezzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt- 401a, PP1, A10, Active exhaust
Being 6'6 when I sat in the Camaro and I couldn't even sit right without my head hitting the roof and then also just being cramped, and also not being able to really see that much around the car on top of it just being way too small did i mention it was really small.... I would of bought a C7 over a Camaro.

At the end of the day I like the Mustang better in almost every way. To me Ford really out did them selves with the S550 styling and everything else. Plus im a mustang guy.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Being 6'6 when I sat in the Camaro and I couldn't even sit right without my head hitting the roof and then also just being cramped, and also not being able to really see that much around the car on top of it just being way too small did i mention it was really small.... I would of bought a C7 over a Camaro.

At the end of the day I like the Mustang better in almost every way. To me Ford really out did them selves with the S550 styling and everything else. Plus im a mustang guy.
Fellow tall guy car enthusiast here. Sucks how somethings are just not an option. Thankfully there are usually better options. :thumbsup:

Cheezzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt- 401a, PP1, A10, Active exhaust
Fellow tall guy car enthusiast here. Sucks how somethings are just not an option. Thankfully there are usually better options. :thumbsup:
Dude It sucks sometimes. I always wanted a 97-98 Eclipse GSX a buddy of mine had one not a gsx but regardless when i sat in his and had to basically stick my head out the sunroof to drive it, It crushed me.