Why DIDN'T you get a camaro?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
i completely disagree with the interior. I had a 401A interior that i sold and got my 2ss 1le. maybe you didnt drive a 1le, but the interior is leaps and bounds better than the 401A i had in my opinion.

FBO with heads and cam camaros are pushing 600whp easy nowadays from what ive seen. The camaro gets more bang for your buck on mods on a NA build.
I did not drive a 1LE, but I don't think some alcantara and more aggressive seats will change my mind. The ergonomics are still atrocious, but that's just my opinion.

Those are some impressive NA numbers for the Camaro. What can an LT1 do without the heads + cam? Genuinely curious.

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Especially on the inside :cwl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
I’ve owned a 2016 Mustang GT. That’s the base base non-SS interior. It’s not even a comparison with the base Mustang interior and the base base non-SS interior is as high quality as the premium Mustang’s interior. I still prefer the design of the Mustang’s interior though.

4A670E65-54D9-46EA-A563-89F45CCB4328.jpeg
5932E119-3719-4599-84FF-8C101BB1D64F.jpeg

Last edited:

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I did not drive a 1LE, but I don't think some alcantara and more aggressive seats will change my mind. The ergonomics are still atrocious, but that's just my opinion.

Those are some impressive NA numbers for the Camaro. What can an LT1 do without the heads + cam? Genuinely curious.
fair enough. opinions are opinions.

honestly im not 100% sure. i learned something new from this thread that the lt2 mani gives around 20hp without a tune, so im still learning about it as well as i only recently sold my mustang and got the ss 1le

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I’ve owned a 2016 Mustang GT. That’s the base base non-SS interior. It’s not even a comparison with the base Mustang interior and the base base non-SS interior is as high quality as the premium Mustang’s interior. I still prefer the design of the Mustang’s interior.

the base mustang calculator screen just kills it for me.

the 401A was better, but not as good imo. i love the ergos on the camaro, everything is within easy reach and makes sense. The only thing im indifferent on is the arm rest and ebrake

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
the base mustang calculator screen just kills it for me.

the 401A was better, but not as good imo. i love the ergos on the camaro, everything is within easy reach and makes sense. The only thing im indifferent on is the arm rest and ebrake
I found the layout of the Mustang to be straight forward and tasteful without being unnecessarily busy. Over time though, I found the materials to deteriorate at a faster pace than expected. The sagging seats, worn carpet, propensity of the plastic to obtain scratches.

While I find the base Camaro to be surprisingly high quality (2021 Camaro LT1) and equal to the premium Mustang, I find a lot more I dislike such as the worthless sun visor (no mirror cover, doesn’t even block the sun!) and electronic e-brake. Even though, the interior still very livable for me. I get the sense the Camaro will holdup overtime much better but I don’t see myself owning the Camaro for 5 years like the 2016 GT I owned so that’s a moot point.

3B728F3C-7836-4D84-8B56-8CE6BD2809DD.jpeg

Last edited:

JDHunz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Convertible
We got a '20 GT Premium vert, but we also looked at the Chevy. The thing for us that was a no-go on the Chevy was the top taking up half of the trunk when the top is down. Seeing that we want to be able to road trip, the lack of space was a no-brainer.

My dad sold Chevrolets for 30+ years, but even he feels that Chevy/GMC has dropped the ball in many regards these days.

In the end, to each his own...drive what you want and enjoy it!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I found the layout of the Mustang to be straight forward and tasteful without being unnecessarily busy. Over time though, I found the materials to deteriorate at a faster pace than expected. The sagging seats, worn carpet, propensity of the plastic to obtain scratches.

While I find the base Camaro to be surprisingly high quality (2021 Camaro LT1) and equal to the premium Mustang, I find a lot more I dislike such as the worthless sun visor (no mirror cover, doesn’t even block the sun!) and electronic e-brake. Even though, the interior still very livable for me. I get the sense the Camaro will holdup overtime much better but I don’t see myself owning the Camaro for 5 years like the 2016 GT I owned so that’s a moot point.

3B728F3C-7836-4D84-8B56-8CE6BD2809DD.jpeg
sun visors are always funny. ive never found one that doesnt shield me from the sun. My lady cant find one that will block the sun for her. Im 6'4, shes 5'3..so i guess it depends on the person and your personal ergos. I havent found myself using or caring about the visor in the 1le lol.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
i love the ergos on the camaro, everything is within easy reach and makes sense. The only thing im indifferent on is the arm rest and ebrake
being a fat-ass (280lb) though that's not really a factor, the Camaro interior is 'tight' and 'narrow', we'll call it snug. No elbow room, no gratuitous open-air to either side, no yawning distance between knees and door/console surfaces. The Mustang fits 'loose'. Camaro is spandex, Mustang an off-the-rack suit that's cut "for a growing boy".

When cornering in the Mustang (base GT seats) my body is all kinds of loose and ungrounded and requires decent effort to "hang on" be it bracing the knee into the (painful) door or getting all tense on the wheel. In the camaro (SS/1LE) my knee barely has to move and the surface is padded. And the seat hugs you so nice and firmly (but not like GT350 Recaro pinch) that you are perfectly at ease. On the Mustang you have to get a 4/5-point harness, honestly. The Camaro 3-point belt and seat work together to hold you solidly in place.

The Camaro center storage is an exercise in stupid and inconvenient. But I can reach all controls without having to pull my shoulder blade off the seat. I have to lean forward some to manipulate the 4" calculator dash in the Mustang.

Others have said it. the Camaro is a cockpit where everything just falls to hand.

I like both, and drive both day in and day out. If the wife had to live with the Camaro I'm sure I'd get an earful.

Last edited:

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
With the LT2 IM swap, that has been a recent development with the LT1. I believe the first swap occurred about 4 months ago? Full exhaust, catless headers, ported LT2 IM and LT5 TB, larger fuel injectors, tune for E85, plus sticky tires and a great launch might be enough to crack 10s in the 1/4 mile on stock heads and cam.

Last edited:

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I’ve owned a 2016 Mustang GT. That’s the base base non-SS interior. It’s not even a comparison with the base Mustang interior and the base base non-SS interior is as high quality as the premium Mustang’s interior. I still prefer the design of the Mustang’s interior though.

I think the Camaro interior is good, but to me the Mustang is better in this regard excluding the seats. Little things like the wheel, the door panels and the start button are better in the Mustang. It's all subjective though. I think Alcantara is horrible so I don't really count it as an upgrade over leather when you look at the higher trims. The Mustang digital dash is also far superior.