WHY DID YOU BUY A BULLITT?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I just got mine yesterday. I bought because to me it's the perfect mustang. It has enough power, it's a 6 speed, they cleaned up the exterior to make it just gorgeous, the technology is fantastic, and it's a Steve McQueen Bullitt movie reminder. I chose the black one because I preferred the color and it's a lot rarer. The other thing that sealed the deal was the price. I chose the 84 month 0% interest with 3 months deferred and the cars window was $51,934 ( Electronic pkg, magne ride, and car cover ). I paid $45,957. that's a real bargain when you take the financing into account. I'm keeping the car a long time for sure.
Your momma didnā€™t raise no dummy!
If you can get discounts AND a zero interest loan...why not. Put your money elsewhere to make money. 50K invested should make half your payment, minimum.
Sponsored

Adotcaruso86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport
Newbie here- Iā€™ve been in the market for a mustang since I was 16. Fell in love with the bullitt/mcqueen over the past releases but now that Iā€™m older Iā€™ve been Itching to buy one and now with this 0% itā€™s making it more and more enticing to purchase a 3rd car (toy, if you will). The dealer Iā€™ve been in contact with is closed due to the COVID19 issue but there is a rep communicating via email. ā€˜19 bullitt, electronics pack and magnaride MSRP $51,880 with a list price around $45,300. He stated Iā€™d give up ALL rebates if I went with the 84 month financing. Iā€™ve seen thatā€™s not really the case based on a bunch of you guys posts so I was wondering how much I have to wiggle there? Would you think 45k plus tax and title is a fair price? Or is there more room? Thanks for all the advice and I hope to be the latest owner in this group very, very soon!

Iā€™m in PA If that matters at all calculating the incentives or deal

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Had my fun with super HP cars (13 GT500, 2 Hellcats). Wanted something lighter, more of a driver's car. Looked at the new C8. Beautiful car but didn't fit me. Too low, seemed too confined. Bullitt was the perfect combination of performance, nostalgia. Yes Im old enough to have watched the original movie in a theater.

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Had my fun with super HP cars (13 GT500, 2 Hellcats). Wanted something lighter, more of a driver's car. Looked at the new C8. Beautiful car but didn't fit me. Too low, seemed too confined. Bullitt was the perfect combination of performance, nostalgia. Yes Im old enough to have watched the original movie in a theater.
Kind of funny. Almost bought a 2013 427 anniv vette. Had a deposit on it and backed out. They are quite a beast of a car. Looked at the 2018 grand sport. Maybe a good car....didnt lust after them.
Drove my 15 gt that was ordered from ford. Pp pac...elec...stereo..50 anniv pac. Put borla exhaust with an x pipe. Bmr springs with fr bump stops. Forge star 5 spoke wheels. Damn nice car. Only 7500 mi.
Drove 90 mi to the dealer where i bought my black 15 from and test drove the bullitt 2x. Think they were worried i was going to make it a used car.
Fell in love with the car and bought it. No regrets. The bullitt is not perfect. Ford screwed up the tranny ratios from 18 on. My 15 had the closer ratio gears. This car would be a beast with the old tranny.
All said...great car. Did 650 mi in a day in the bullitt. Hwy 36....140 mi with 2000 corners....hwy 101...hwy 1. Damn tired..too much time driving. Not the car though. The bullitt with the magnaride is the real deal. Even with the long gears. On hwy 36 i used 3rd gear and 4th to cruise. Found 2nd gear some times had too much power on the wheels. What can you say about 3rd that works from 40 to 110?

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
Kind of funny. Almost bought a 2013 427 anniv vette. Had a deposit on it and backed out. They are quite a beast of a car. Looked at the 2018 grand sport. Maybe a good car....didnt lust after them.
Drove my 15 gt that was ordered from ford. Pp pac...elec...stereo..50 anniv pac. Put borla exhaust with an x pipe. Bmr springs with fr bump stops. Forge star 5 spoke wheels. Damn nice car. Only 7500 mi.
Drove 90 mi to the dealer where i bought my black 15 from and test drove the bullitt 2x. Think they were worried i was going to make it a used car.
Fell in love with the car and bought it. No regrets. The bullitt is not perfect. Ford screwed up the tranny ratios from 18 on. My 15 had the closer ratio gears. This car would be a beast with the old tranny.
All said...great car. Did 650 mi in a day in the bullitt. Hwy 36....140 mi with 2000 corners....hwy 101...hwy 1. Damn tired..too much time driving. Not the car though. The bullitt with the magnaride is the real deal. Even with the long gears. On hwy 36 i used 3rd gear and 4th to cruise. Found 2nd gear some times had too much power on the wheels. What can you say about 3rd that works from 40 to 110?
Sounds like you're having fun. I noticed the tall gearing when I test drove it. Doesn't bother me much, but I never had the previous trans. Coming from a Hellcat it's night and day. Totally different experience. Hellcat torque hits like a hammer from idle. It's actually too much to enjoy unless you're running Mickeys on a prepped track. Just breaks loose at all speeds. Bullitt is much more enjoyable for me. Usable power and oh that sound. I'm still breaking it in but can't wait to get to the 1000 mile mark to really ring it out a bit.

Sponsored

Shibaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt. BAD GRN
Sounds like you're having fun. I noticed the tall gearing when I test drove it. Doesn't bother me much, but I never had the previous trans. Coming from a Hellcat it's night and day. Totally different experience. Hellcat torque hits like a hammer from idle. It's actually too much to enjoy unless you're running Mickeys on a prepped track. Just breaks loose at all speeds. Bullitt is much more enjoyable for me. Usable power and oh that sound. I'm still breaking it in but can't wait to get to the 1000 mile mark to really ring it out a bit.
You need to put a h pipe to replace the front resonator. Bad ass sound! Ameican racing has a great video.

Usmc341

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullit
You need to put a h pipe to replace the front resonator. Bad ass sound! Ameican racing has a great video.
Yea that's what I'm hearing. Maybe down the road. Catch can first and maybe some rock guards.

shakattack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt DHG
I have always loved woodland/forest green cars and the Bullitt styling has always been my favorite. So while I truly loved my heavily modified Magnetic '15 EcoBoost I had been itching for something more for quite some time. After shopping around for 2020 GT's mostly A10's nothing really stood out despite some amazing deals out there. Then with input from my lovely fiancƩe I came upon a deal in Central Ohio for 2020 DHG Bullitt and that was it. I negotiated a great deal on trade and purchase and drove 8 hours from the Jersey Shore to Central Ohio arriving at ~3AM. Woke up and worked remotely from 6:30 to 10 went to the dealership began the process the exact terms of the deal were honored by Donley Ford of Shelby, OH and I was able to sort out the purchase by early afternoon and began my drive home.

20201002_194037.jpg

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
I have always loved woodland/forest green cars and the Bullitt styling has always been my favorite. So while I truly loved my heavily modified Magnetic '15 EcoBoost I had been itching for something more for quite some time. After shopping around for 2020 GT's mostly A10's nothing really stood out despite some amazing deals out there. Then with input from my lovely fiancƩe I came upon a deal in Central Ohio for 2020 DHG Bullitt and that was it. I negotiated a great deal on trade and purchase and drove 8 hours from the Jersey Shore to Central Ohio arriving at ~3AM. Woke up and worked remotely from 6:30 to 10 went to the dealership began the process the exact terms of the deal were honored by Donley Ford of Shelby, OH and I was able to sort out the purchase by early afternoon and began my drive home.

20201002_194037.jpg
The loved one co-sign for the win.

martin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost; coupe; guard; dark-saddle; MT; PP; Nav;
I like the features on the Bullitt----Coupe, spoiler delete, heated steering, green exterior--- wheel, but I don't like the badges----I prefer the Mustang badge

Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
do,whatever you want!! This is my ass end now!!! Roush Spoiler and all!!

A70B9932-251A-4125-8E37-5D43A653B8CA.jpeg

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
Iā€˜ve owned a lot of cars. All have been manual trannys. That made it to my short list. C&Dā€™s having the GT in their Top 10 for 2019 made me say Iā€™ve got to drive one. The 40k long term test review theyā€™re doing on the Bullitt really made me say I need to drive one. Their comments on the MagneRide sounded like that was the way to go. 1600 miles later I agree.

I didnā€™t find one close to home the way I wanted it (see sig) so flew out of town and drove it home. Love the car!

Islandglh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
1986 GLH Turbo, Factory FIve Cobra
Being looking for a mid life crisis car for the last couple of years:) Looked at a Bullitt when they first hit the local dealer last year. So nice but listed at $63,000cdn.
Looked at Scatpacks, C7 Vettes, Kia Stinger. Kept thinking about the Bullitt. This September they had discounted one locally, With Ford delivery allowance of $8000 and dealer added discount of $3000 the price was $50,700 with .09% Ford financing. Wow.
Fully loaded with Recaro, no car cover. Called to see if the pricing was legit and arranged a test drive. When I pulled up and saw it outside the deal was pretty much done! The test drive was great. Oh the sound! Great power. MagneRide really is the real deal. I have had the car for a month now and put on 1500km. Absolutely loving it. Cheers from Vancouver Island. L2379

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Welcome aboard!!..Iā€™m in Surrey... make them an offer.. I got mine at West Coast Ford in Maple Ridge for $52 !!! They will deal, believe me!! Have checked the Islands inventory???

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
I wanted a NEW (if possible) 4 seat high performance coupe with luxury and performance, uniqueness, reasonable entry price and maintenance costs. Cross shopped a TON of cars, including the 2 seater Supra, F Type, C7 and Cayman, and 4 Seaters M4, M2, Camaro, Challenger, 911, Mercedes (some thing) Lexus, Audi.

Was replacing a 1997 E36 M3 that I owned 20 years. Really wanted the M2 or M4, or a 911, but didn't want a 4-8 year old car, or the maintenance costs.

The final 3 was the M2 Certified Pre-Owned, Challenger Scat Pack, and Bullitt. M2 was great, but a bit too small, used, and high maintenance. Challenger was just too big, and the Bullitt just right.

I've never been a Ford guy, and definitely not a Mustang guy. Was an Olds 442 guy back in the day, and the last 20 years driving euro trash. A buddy of mine who has been looking and test driving with me said I should consider the Mustang as it checked all my boxes. I resisted...... But he talked me into going on the Ford Configurator. A de-striped GT350 would have been perfect but 15K more than I wanted to spend. I couldn't get a GT setup the way I wanted and on my last attempt went back to the start for Models, and saw the Bullitt option, checked it and when it popped up, I knew it was the one......

Found a local dealer with two (one black, one green) that arrived that morning, went and test drove the Green one, and bought the BLACK one the next day. Just couldn't see myself in a Green car, and preferred the Standard Suspension (plan a 20 year + ownership). Negotiated a good price ($45244) and am loving the car more and more despite it being a Ford :crackup::crackup:

LOL sorry, kidding, but I am not a fanboy. In fact my dad refused to believe me till I pulled in his driveway.... He started me on Olds when I was a kid, with a series of W, Hurst and 442 series cars. He LOVES the Bullitt and agrees it is the perfect Mustang and car for me.
Sponsored