WHY DID YOU BUY A BULLITT?

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I‘ve owned a lot of cars. All have been manual trannys. That made it to my short list. C&D’s having the GT in their Top 10 for 2019 made me say I’ve got to drive one. The 40k long term test review they’re doing on the Bullitt really made me say I need to drive one. Their comments on the MagneRide sounded like that was the way to go. 1600 miles later I agree.

I didn’t find one close to home the way I wanted it (see sig) so flew out of town and drove it home. Love the car!
That was essentially what sealed it for me too, the C&D article. Have you seen their update on this? They've used it as a "daily" for their crew even through winter. As my first winter is approaching with this car (SW OH), I'll probably be investing in those tires, but $1300 for winter set hurts.
Sponsored

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
That was essentially what sealed it for me too, the C&D article. Have you seen their update on this? They've used it as a "daily" for their crew even through winter. As my first winter is approaching with this car (SW OH), I'll probably be investing in those tires, but $1300 for winter set hurts.
Mine will sit in the garage for the winter and might venture out on a warm day. I have a truck to drive for the winter. Drove my '87 GT year round with snows on it. C&D said the snows made the Bullitt great to drive as long as the snow wasn't deep.

Have a set of Blizzacks for the wife's Allroad on dedicated rims for the winter. I'd rather drive that than my truck if it's really crappy out. AWD and those tires make that car basically unstoppable.

ttillub19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blade
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I traded my 4K mile 2008 Bullitt towards a 2019 Corvette 7 Speed Grand Sport last December. Beautiful car but after previously owning 7 other Corvettes over the past 20 some odd years, I just wasn't feeling it. I really missed my 08. Ending up selling the Vette as prices have very strong but couldn't find a reasonably priced 08/09. Found this 2019 with 1500 miles at a good price and jumped on it. No regrets. Love this thing!

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
In my opinion: best sounding Coyote (stock), manual only, subtle looks/lack of emblems, gorgeous paintjob, heritage. Love it!
I reckon that's going to resonate with most new Bullitt owners (certainly does with me). The exhaust sound was almost top reason for me. I actually recorded startup exhaust sound on my phone at one dealer and ended up listening to it at night before I got the car. I guess I'm a weirdo.

Do you daily yours?

Sponsored

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
I reckon that's going to resonate with most new Bullitt owners (certainly does with me). The exhaust sound was almost top reason for me. I actually recorded startup exhaust sound on my phone at one dealer and ended up listening to it at night before I got the car. I guess I'm a weirdo.

Do you daily yours?
Hahaha, that’s cool. I watched every possible YouTube video over and over before I got mine. Not a daily because I have another vehicle. But whenever the weather is nice and I have to go somewhere by myself, I take the Bullitt.

Rreimer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Colour. Lack of badges. In between a PP2 and a GT350. Styling mostly though. It’s clean and simple.

Bullitt$Bill

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt L3456, 2018 F150 CC Lariat, 18 HD SGS
Amazing how many people I‘ve had ask me about the car and have no idea it’s a Ford or a Mustang.

My neighbor commented that because of the color some people might think it’s Jag due to the color similarity of some of them.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
In between a PP2 and a GT350.
Sorry, but that's incorrect. The Bullitt is basically a PP1 car, so UNDER a PP2. The Mach1 is the one between a PP2 and GT350, not the Bullitt. And I wouldn't have bought a Bullitt if what you said was the case :).

TXAG96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21Bronco,'20Bullitt,'01Boxster,'87Tbird-Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I've not even picked mine up yet, but I bough it because I had $46,000 burning a hole in my pocket....kidding, sort of.
I've never owned a mustang and here I am, almost 50 years old, a widow, my two kids are about to be out of the house, and daddy needs a stable mate for the T-Bird and the hopefully soon to arrive Bronco I'm buying.
Oh, and its a factory sleeper like most you have basically stated prior.
Sponsored