blackk3389

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
WILL
Vehicle(s)
'19 BULLITT#3389, '03 cobra vert#2198,2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I personally bought the car because as a young man i was a huge Steve McQueen fan. saw every one of his movies, sometimes over and over again. Hate to say Bullitt wasn't my favorite, have rubbed elbows with many of Hollywood's best (my cousin is an actress). Robert Duvall filmed a documentary on our ranch and my brothers wife did some advertising work for Bob sharp racing and met Paul Newman in his Datsun racing days.
I bought the car because of its McQueen and Bullitt movie appeal. plus i tend to buy numbered cars.
How many bought this car for some of the sames reasons?(probably us older members) and how many of you bought the car for a track or drag car?
Sponsored

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I went searching for a more modern car since my 2012 focus had no bells and whistles. I've always likes mustangs, the look of the Bullitt, it being numbered and its prestige is what added its appeal for me. It has all the bells and whistles that my focus didn't have either. The power helps a lot too. I will say I'm not a McQueen fan or though I have seen the movie, not any reason why I bought it.

Bear_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(SIG) 2019 Mustang Bullitt w/ non-mag SMcQ suspension w/ bullitt electronics / (SAUER) 2005 Ford Focus ST
McQueen told me to. He is my spirit animal.

Well... that and the sound, debadging, and "grown-up" highlights. To me, it is the most mustang sounding and most mature looking modern mustang. I think it could look a tad bit meaner, but that may destroy the balance it already has.

sicilianjg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I personally bought the car because as a young man i was a huge Steve McQueen fan. saw every one of his movies, sometimes over and over again. Hate to say Bullitt wasn't my favorite, have rubbed elbows with many of Hollywood's best (my cousin is an actress). Robert Duvall filmed a documentary on our ranch and my brothers wife did some advertising work for Bob sharp racing and met Paul Newman in his Datsun racing days.
I bought the car because of its McQueen and Bullitt movie appeal. plus i tend to buy numbered cars.
How many bought this car for some of the sames reasons?(probably us older members) and how many of you bought the car for a track or drag car?
I always was a Bullitt movie fan with McQueen but, there is a big connection I have with Steve McQueen we both were Marines and that tops it all!!

Joe

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OK, to start off, I love the movie and McQueen films and all the cool stuff he did and represented, and, I haven't bought one, yet. But, the facination has almost zero to do with Bullitt the movie or Steve McQueen, and is all about the color. My Uncle's '65 Mustang he bought new, and the '67 Fastback I bought used in 1978, were both dark green. It is my favorite color, and by far my favorite Mustang color, period. Even though the current DHG is a little different than my '67's Dark Moss Green Metalic, it is close enough and I won't have to get it custom painted.

I wasn't in a place where I could do the previous iterations, but next fall I will be rolling in a new or newish dark green Mustang.

My plans will probably bother a lot of Bullitt fanbois, but I plan on removing the Bullitt badging on the outside of the car and swap out the ugly (IMHO) wheels for something I like better. I plan on saving the wheels and trim for the next owner, after I die or can't drive any more. Again, for me it's all about the color!

Sponsored

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
I bought one because I wanted something different than a regular Gt I’ve had so many that the Bullitt seemed to be that perfect trade off of rarity but Also a good DD, after having mine for the short period so far I have come to appreciate the low key badass that the car puts out. I notice more stares and pointing than in my bright yellow Gt/CS. It had all the options I wanted and I can honestly say I have no regrets selling my 16 for this.

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
Because Green is my Favorite color,

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Because my biological “Good Times” clock is winding down and I could, so I did. No more woulda, coulda, shoulda for this old geezer... Bruce

P.S. Have to give credit to that dynamite color...

Last edited:

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
Because my wife told me I couldn't.

Sponsored

Chente04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It had everything that I wanted when optioning out my GT- PP1, Magride, Active Exhaust, Leather. The main thing that was stopping me from pulling the trigger on getting a new Mustang were the low quality leather seats. Everyone I saw even new ones on the showroom floor had saggy looking seat cushions, my 2012 with 80K miles on them looked better. So I sat on the fence for a while, then the Bullitt was announced with new seats with more stitching reminiscent of the 2012s seats. Went too look at them in person and compare and was sold. I get alot compliments on the color and its growing on me, but still get a little jealous when a Race Red PP1 GT drive by. My last 2 Mustangs were Torch Red and Race Red lol.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Because I held a seance and Steve told me to.

As always, he was right; my doorbell rang yesterday and it's one of the local cops. "I just wanted to meet the guy with the Bullitt I've seen around town."

He drives a '19 GT. We stood in my driveway and talked for 30 minutes.

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was 19 when the movie came out. Not necessarily a great movie but hey, Steve is in it so what’s not to like. Steve was a man’s man and this Mustang Bullitt is a bad ass car. I took delivery of my Bullitt K7155 in June and love this car. GT350’s are great but this DHG manual with leather seats is special. And that sound! Who needs a stereo. I smile every time I climb into the driver’s seat. The car is close to perfect but Steeda has helped me make this car even better. So history, looks, handling, and performance all is why I bought this car.

Docscurlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doc
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2019 Roushcharged F150, 2016 GT350R, 2013 Boss 302LS, 2009 GT/CS, 2000 Cobra R, 1995 Cobra R
Vehicle Showcase
I was 19 when the movie came out. Not necessarily a great movie but hey, Steve is in it so what’s not to like. Steve was a man’s man and this Mustang Bullitt is a bad ass car. I took delivery of my Bullitt K7155 in June and love this car. GT350’s are great but this DHG manual with leather seats is special. And that sound! Who needs a stereo. I smile every time I climb into the driver’s seat. The car is close to perfect but Steeda has helped me make this car even better. So history, looks, handling, and performance all is why I bought this car.
What did Steeda do to it? Full Mcqueen upgrade?

Terry W

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What did Steeda do to it? Full Mcqueen upgrade?
Hi, here’s my list, did them myself: shifter base bushing, trans mount bushing insert, G-trac brace 2-point, IRS subframe support braces, braided hydraulic clutch line, clutch assist spring and perch kit, IRS subframe alignment kit and alum. vertical links (poly). Also did the JLT oil sep. (catch can) pass. Side. Oh almost forgot, rear sway bar too. May do a Steeda tune but not now. Car handles like a go cart, in a nice way.
Sponsored