Sponsored

WHP needed to run high 10’s

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
thanks for that info. I’m always trying to educate myself on the MT82‘s capabilities. I had all of my hard parts Cryo and WPC treated and I sure hope they’ll hold up to the rigors of drag racing. I‘ve made at least 30 passes with mine so far and it seems to be holding its own for now.
It does seem some have good luck with their MT82s while others don't last long with any amount of power or abuse. I bought the car from the original owner with just 14k miles and doubt it was abused much. The trans always seemed to have a bunch of slop in it. Maybe I just got a bad one with how quickly it failed.

I will say the Tremec seems to love the abuse. It really is a big beefy transmission. It does feel a bit clunky when driving easy around town, but at the track banging high rpm shifts it feels right at home!

Best of luck with your setup!
Sponsored

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
<raises hand> I finally got my 10sec timeslip this year, twice! It was not as easy as I thought it would be.

-3.875" pulley that came with the whipple stage 2 kit, ~11psi of boost
-Kooks headers with free flowing exhaust
-Tremec Magnum XL trans (MT82 did not live long) with a McLeod RXT clutch, Dynotech aluminum driveshaft, 4.09 gears, Gforce renegade axles
-Steeda stop the hop kit, steeda vertical links, bmr drag springs, bmr poly inserts w/ kelltrac big bertha bolts, bmr lower control arm bearings, ford performance toe link bearings
-Kelltrac spec viking crusader double adjustable rear shocks
-All stock front suspension
-Mickey Thompson ET Street R bias-ply rear tires with front skinnies.
Those short gears definitely would have made it more of a challenge. You had to be well into 5th crossing the line.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Those short gears definitely would have made it more of a challenge. You had to be well into 5th crossing the line.
Absolutely. With the MT82 the car was faster if I just buried it on the limiter crossing the stripe in 4th compared to making the 4-5 shift.

beetle6986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 04 Cobra, 2008 BMW 335
I honestly think 98% of people in a full weight s550 stock manual trans will not do 10s without like 740+ rwhp even on a drag strip.
I think a lot more people do it than you think. The issue is having the right setup. Guys running without the right tires and rear gears that are too high for a FI car aren’t going to do it easily if at all.

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My buddy went 10.69 at about 700whp at about 100ft of DA. Little bit of weight out of the car, but the car is not optimized yet. He Doesn't have enough gear. Gears/Tires and drivers ability play a huge factor in how fast it'll go with a stick.

I have been 10's all motor with a mt82, but my car has almost everything.

Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
My buddy went 10.69 at about 700whp at about 100ft of DA. Little bit of weight out of the car, but the car is not optimized yet. He Doesn't have enough gear. Gears/Tires and drivers ability play a huge factor in how fast it'll go with a stick.

I have been 10's all motor with a mt82, but my car has almost everything.
Hp? Any videos?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I made 511/425. No I don't think I have a video.
Can you share more inf. on your car? Full list of mods, MT82 or MT82-D4, rear gear, weight reduction, which rear tire, launch rpm, slipping or dumping your clutch and what rpm are you shifting at? Thanks

gcadorette13

PoopStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Can you share more inf. on your car? Full list of mods, MT82 or MT82-D4, rear gear, weight reduction, which rear tire, launch rpm, slipping or dumping your clutch and what rpm are you shifting at? Thanks
Ported CJ Twin 69, Comp Stage 3 cams, Meziere EWP, Stock 2016 mt82, 4.09's car weighs 3400 with me in it(base model car, drag brakes, anti gravity battery, ecoboost radiator, Bias ply tires all around some other odds and ends to get the weight out of it). 28" hooser qtp, 2 step is set to I think like 6800.
Sponsored