• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Who's Got An Extra OEM 18-19 Grill?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
My dumb ass left the car in 1st gear when I parked last night, and when I started the car this morning I let the clutch out and it went straight into the concrete wall of the parking garage. I never, ever leave the car in gear.....except for last night evidently.

So, I need a factory grille. Anyone have one they aren't using? Or is there a particular place to get an OEM replacement cheap?
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
My dumb ass left the car in 1st gear when I parked last night, and when I started the car this morning I let the clutch out and it went straight into the concrete wall of the parking garage. I never, ever leave the car in gear.....except for last night evidently.

So, I need a factory grille. Anyone have one they aren't using? Or is there a particular place to get an OEM replacement cheap?
I took mine off my '18 after only 1k miles. Its flawless condition, and has a red white and blue flag running pony overlay on it. I live in Ohio, if you paid true shipping I'd accept a fair offer for it and ship it (still have original box from the replacement RTR grill I bought which it will ship in).

PM sent.

PM sent

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Thanks 1MEAN18!!!!

Now to find a good paint shop in this area.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Yeah, yeah...well at least you got a great price on the grill. Hopefully you can get a great price on the rest of the damage.
I'm already on that too. A co-worker and his dad buy cars and fix them up, have their own body-shop. They're looking at pics of the paint damage now.

Other than the cracked grill, it's really just damage to the paint at the sharp edges around the grill. So the front clip will have to come off and be sanded/painted/cleared. Since the OEM paint job on the plastic clip is so crappy, all that really has to happen is a good color match.

Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Could probably just spray it with plasti dip and it'd be fine. The American flag grill I mean

Or have your coworker spray it too

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Could probably just spray it with plasti dip and it'd be fine. The American flag grill I mean

Or have your coworker spray it too
1MEAN18 and I think it should come off easily enough.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
How bad is it - any pics?

Can the nose cone surface just be buffed?

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned

TheReaper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black GT
Looks like you need to have the bumper cover repainted and I would put in a Bullitt grille if it was my car. I don't like the big shiny horses.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
Those damn supercharged cars are so uncontrollable.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2

Duuuuude!!!! Ah sorry to hear that. One of the bad things about parking headlong to a concrete wall. Funny thing is I almost always park in gear.....yikes! Hopefully you get it sorted quickly!

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have my factory grill and am local. Pony emblem is black. It's in perfect shape. Lmk.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I have my factory grill and am local. Pony emblem is black. It's in perfect shape. Lmk.
I've already got one coming in the mail from 1MEAN18. I appreciate the offer though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I think as many that don’t want to admit it have inadvertently started a manual trans car in gear at least once during ownership.

Doesn’t look real bad from the pic - based on your initial post I was expecting much, much worse. You’re definitely very lucky it was just a bump and not a much more forceful push into the wall.

The edges where it looks scuffed you can buff that out and might not look as pronounced. I’ve had some scuffs on prior flip cars where that type of damage could be buffed, touched up, light scuff to level the touch up and then buff again and it is not noticeable. I know from OUR perspective being car enthusiasts it would still be noticeable to US, but I’m just saying an attempt at buffing could reduce some of the pain.

Have you tried sourcing a take off bumper cover on eBay? There’s always quite a few and you may be able to get the same exact color for less than the labor/paint process. If you do go that route and find one, then sell yours to offset some of the cost.
Sponsored